SiouxSports.com Forum

The next coach of UND football is....

darell1976

As much as I think this thread is not something I want to contribute to - can we not assume that just because a seat is empty doesn't mean it wasn't sold via season tickets - also do students pay for tickets - if not then there is no lost revenue from a student ticket that goes unclaimed. There are always empty seats at The Ralph but it's always a sell out. But I guess whatever you look for you can find - good or bad.

An empty seat on homecoming may may be a seat that was sold to a season ticket holder who chose not to come. But that enpty seat could be an unsold seat if that season ticket holder does not renew their tickets next year. The demand right now for tickets to UND football is already low. If we go 3-8 this year and keep Muss, the demand will be EXTREMELY low.

• Upvote 1

Just throwing this name out there:

http://www.huskers.c...4&Q_SEASON=2013

Was once an assistant at New Mexico St., so I'm sure he and Faison know each other. Also was an assistant at St. Cloud St. from 1989 to 1994, so he's quite aware of what the UND program is capable of.

Former Nebraska assistand coaches have done pretty well as head coaches in the FCS....so I've herd. :)

• Upvote 1

As much as I think this thread is not something I want to contribute to - can we not assume that just because a seat is empty doesn't mean it wasn't sold via season tickets - also do students pay for tickets - if not then there is no lost revenue from a student ticket that goes unclaimed. There are always empty seats at The Ralph but it's always a sell out. But I guess whatever you look for you can find - good or bad.

Students don't specifically have to pay for football tickets (hockey is the only sport they must purchase tickets for), but they do pay an exorbitant amount of student fees, a large percentage of which go to the athletic department.

Don't forget that a few years ago they were calling for Bohl's head in Fargo......then came this current recruiting class......and the rest is history. It would appear to me that recruiting is what's falling behind in the past few years, and unfortunately it doesn't get any easier when you're losing!

Also, what has Idalski done?? He has had amazing talent and yet failed to ever advance with a championship. How many olympians does it take to win a title? He is better than what they had before by leaps and bounds, but in my opinion hasn't proven to be a top notch hire yet. People call for Hakstol's head when they don't win titles, why not Idalski? They recruit to the same facility and actually compete against far fewer high level teams throughout the year. Just find the double standard interesting.

• Upvote 1

Don't forget that a few years ago they were calling for Bohl's head in Fargo......then came this current recruiting class......and the rest is history. It would appear to me that recruiting is what's falling behind in the past few years, and unfortunately it doesn't get any easier when you're losing!

Also, what has Idalski done?? He has had amazing talent and yet failed to ever advance with a championship. How many olympians does it take to win a title? He is better than what they had before by leaps and bounds, but in my opinion hasn't proven to be a top notch hire yet. People call for Hakstol's head when they don't win titles, why not Idalski? They recruit to the same facility and actually compete against far fewer high level teams throughout the year. Just find the double standard interesting.

I'll go back to a point I made earlier. You are not going to win if you are playing true freshmen, RS freshmen and sophmores. Yes, you need them to step up but in FUs case, when the group you are mentioning was underclassmen they still had the play you would expect from juniors and seniors. If they would have taken all those kids as freshmen and had them getting the most reps, I do not think they would have made the playoffs following 3-8.

I have not seen our JR and SR classes play like JR and SRs this year. And I don't think you can compare the two situations because of that. We are not getting the same level of play from those classes FU got following 3-8.

I'll go back to a point I made earlier. You are not going to win if you are playing true freshmen, RS freshmen and sophmores. Yes, you need them to step up but in FUs case, when the group you are mentioning was underclassmen they still had the play you would expect from juniors and seniors. If they would have taken all those kids as freshmen and had them getting the most reps, I do not think they would have made the playoffs following 3-8.

I have not seen our JR and SR classes play like JR and SRs this year. And I don't think you can compare the two situations because of that. We are not getting the same level of play from those classes FU got following 3-8.

Their 3-8 season was their second year after the transition correct?

I totally agree with you and BY NO MEANS am I trying to relate them to us. They are miles ahead of us at this point. I was just trying to point out that with a good recruiting class (or two) things can change significantly and really set you up for the future. Unfortunately, I too am skeptical that this will ever happen with the current coaching staff.

I totally agree with you and BY NO MEANS am I trying to relate them to us. They are miles ahead of us at this point. I was just trying to point out that with a good recruiting class (or two) things can change significantly and really set you up for the future. Unfortunately, I too am skeptical that this will ever happen with the current coaching staff.

I'm still not convinced its a lack of talent. Again, we are not a team that will win the Big Sky but on talent alone we are not 30 points worse than Montana and Montana St.

• Upvote 1

Their 3-8 season was their second year after the transition correct?

According to the NDSU media guide, their 3-8 season was in their 2nd year in the Missouri Valley after 4 years in the Great West. So actually a very similar situation to what we have here. Should have a couple titles in about 3 years if we follow suit!!!:)

According to the NDSU media guide, their 3-8 season was in their 2nd year in the Missouri Valley after 4 years in the Great West. So actually a very similar situation to what we have here. Should have a couple titles in about 3 years if we follow suit!!! :)

You guys need to stop trying to compare yourselves to NDSU. NDSU always had a foundation just missing a few players those years.

According to the NDSU media guide, their 3-8 season was in their 2nd year in the Missouri Valley after 4 years in the Great West. So actually a very similar situation to what we have here. Should have a couple titles in about 3 years if we follow suit!!! :)

Sweet!! I am going to book by plane tickets to Frisco for January 2016 right now!! :)

You guys need to stop trying to compare yourselves to NDSU. NDSU always had a foundation just missing a few players those years.

For once I agree with BD. Shutup about SU and worry about UND for awhile. There are more than enough issues to worry/talk about.

The 5-6 season last year should've been 6-5.

Mussman made a terrible coaching/managerial/clock management decision that cost the team a game at Northern Colorado.

2012: Blown out at MSU and at EWU and then the UNC debacle; followed up by ...

2013: Blown out at *home* by Montana and MSU (and more than likely EWU)

The rope is used up.

• Upvote 1

Wasn't the 5-6 season the "down season" for UND? Following the 3-8 season, freshman and sophs for ndsu let them to an OT loss in the semis. I see neither the young guys nor the upperclassmen leading this team anywhere yet.

It was actually in the quarterfinals, but no, I don't think we have anywhere near the talent that group has/had .

The 5-6 season last year should've been 6-5.

Mussman made a terrible coaching/managerial/clock management decision that cost the team a game at Northern Colorado.

You're putting a lot of faith on a 53 yard field goal. Zeb is good but I'm not marking that one down in the automatic category.

You're putting a lot of faith on a 53 yard field goal. Zeb is good but I'm not marking that one down in the automatic category.

The 53 yard FG attmept should have been worst case scenario in that game in those final moments...oops I guess I'm wrong there too 'cause that didn't happen!