SiouxSports.com Forum

The next coach of UND football is....

darell1976

That same conference mate came into the Alerus and dominated UND not that long ago!

Speaking of Sioux Falls....would they win again this season in the Alerus?

Now you are comparing UND's program in the mid 2000's with UND's program today. Apples and Oranges. Some of UND's teams from the 2000's could beat this year's squad by probably two touchdowns.

Now you are comparing UND's program in the mid 2000's with UND's program today. Apples and Oranges. Some of UND's teams from the 2000's could beat this year's squad by probably two touchdowns.

I think we are talking about the same thing.

Wasn't it 2009 USF beat UND? That's the game I was talking about.

I think it's apples to apples as UND has not seemed to get any better unfortunately and the beginning of the end of UNDs proud football history...and of the Mussman experiment.

I think we are talking about the same thing.

Wasn't it 2009 USF beat UND? That's the game I was talking about.

I think it's apples to apples as UND has not seemed to get any better unfortunately and the beginning of the end of UNDs proud football history...and of the Mussman experiment.

I think gfhockey was referring to Winona State and the beat-downs they suffered at the hands of UND more than once. I think Winona would beat today's version of UND football without too much trouble.

Few things.

Other than a few prick UND fans, the visit was very pleasant in terms of conduct. In the lobby a guy came up and asked me about USF..spoke for a second..and I shook his hand and said, "good luck", like you would any opponent you just met....to which he replied, "yer gonna need it..haha" Other than the occasional moment like that, the UND fans seemed a bit humbled in the dome. Several Sioux fans come up and shook hands and said nice things about USF and such..and while I realize USD fans and Augie people have said that UND folks are the worst, I have to say that I didn't see that.

First off, I'm very proud to be a Coo fan from Sioux Falls..our young men came into a tough place to win and frankly broke the spirit of the Sioux..physically. I'm gonna be real straight with you folks here....I thought the Sioux would be athletic and more physical..and that the athletic difference at this level would be the hardest thing for USF to overcome. After watching USF drive down the field after the opening kickoff, I could see USF every bit as athletic as the Sioux..which suprised me.

Having watched 2 Sioux games coming into this, and then watching virtually all the Coo games over the last few years....I feel very comfortable saying that USF is FAR better coached than the Sioux..not even close. The adjustments and gameplanning from USF, versus the inability to adjust by UND was almost funny to Coo fans. "Looks like they fell for the screen again" USF doing the short kicks and UND making no adjustment to that..just poor special teams coaching there. The continual undisciplined penalties and such..it will never put a team in a good position to succeed. USF kept the UND defense off balance pretty much the entire game....and if USF didn't take their foot off the gas in the 4th, frankly it would have been worse than it was. Believe it. USF's scheme and preparation was an A for this game, while the UND coaches were about a D+.

I went into the game being scared to death of Bamba....and he hit the deep ball early and I thought, "here we go", but the next time they went there USF tricked UND and got an easy pick. After Bamba realized they weren't trying the homerun ball anymore, he seemed to lose motivation..and didn't seem to care to sell out for any of the short passes..dropping nearly everything thrown his way.

As I hoped/figured, Holleman (2 INT) and Zo Brown (4 tds) would have to make plays for USF..and they did. Zo is a fantastic talent, and USF only turns him loose when they need to. USF tackled well (Cody Cavender, #23) and had few mistakes.

I fully realize that the brunt of the Sioux fans think it's all about UND having a horrible showing to an NAIA team....but if USF dominates the NAIA level how do we really know how good they are? USF needs to take games like this to test themselves. I think they passed the test yesterday..and became legit to all the haters such as USD and Augie people.

Impressive stadium and UND folks seemed like good people.

Later.

From the U of Sioux Falls game thread.

Bolded words have never seemed so true.

Almost makes a guy upset if UND doesn't get DeBoer.

• Upvote 1

But Lennon took over a program with more depth and talent. Roger Thomas did not exactly leave the cupboard bare in 1998. UMD was a weak program when Bubba took it over and it took him several years to build it up to UND standards.

It was RT's recruits that got Lennon that ring in 2001.

who recruited for RT if I may ask?

Lennon, Bubba, Bollinger, Hedberg.

I am not sold on Deboer either. Look what has happened to Sioux Falls now that they have gone D2. The lost to Mary! Recruiting restrictions, Academic restrictions, Scholarship limits all changed their entire program and now they are average at best. Granted, he is not there now but I find it funny he got out of there right before they moved to D2. Coincidence? IMO, he realized it was no longer going to be a free-for-all with the above mentioned rules/restrictions.

Also, at SIU he has been a huge bust. Their offense is awful, year in and year out.

• Upvote 1

Wrong again darell1976.Lennon got RT's recruits a ring in 2001.

Both are right. Good coaching by Lennon but good recruiting by RT. You need both to go hand in hand. Currently we may have good players but if the coaching sucks the team isn't going anywhere, and vice versa.

Lennon, Bubba, Bollinger, Hedberg.

I am not sold on Deboer either. Look what has happened to Sioux Falls now that they have gone D2. The lost to Mary! Recruiting restrictions, Academic restrictions, Scholarship limits all changed their entire program and now they are average at best. Granted, he is not there now but I find it funny he got out of there right before they moved to D2. Coincidence? IMO, he realized it was no longer going to be a free-for-all with the above mentioned rules/restrictions.

Also, at SIU he has been a huge bust. Their offense is awful, year in and year out.

NAIA teams compete against other NAIA teams. Its not as if he was without rules and restrictions competing against teams in the NCAA for most games (is that really the excuse to lose to NAIA teams for UND?) they were on a level playing field. He was competing against Carroll College and Mike Van Diest. Is Mike a good coach? DeBoer has about the same record as head coach in the NAIA as him if not better.

Dale Lennon also coached in the NAIA....right before becoming UNDs head coach. DeBoer ended his tenure with a better winning percentage though.

Can you imagine if UND lost to Mayville State? They are an NAIA team also! Might have hit a little "closer to home" as that is what essentially happen! Call me crazy but i'd say hey that guy must be a helluva coach! (or UNDs coach is really really bad)

Is UND looking to fire it's offensive coordinator because the offense stinks this year? No it falls more on the head coach. They just got a new coordinator and the offense seemed to go backwards. Southern Illinois offense is awful?! They scored 34 point at Illinois this year. And are averaging about 30 points this season so far. Not to mention his offense holds the two home records for most yards in Saluki Stadium.

NAIA teams compete against other NAIA teams. Its not as if he was without rules and restrictions competing against teams in the NCAA for most games (is that really the excuse to lose to NAIA teams for UND?) they were on a level playing field. He was competing against Carroll College and Mike Van Diest. Is Mike a good coach? DeBoer has about the same record as head coach in the NAIA as him if not better.

Dale Lennon also coached in the NAIA....right before becoming UNDs head coach. DeBoer ended his tenure with a better winning percentage though.

Can you imagine if UND lost to Mayville State? They are an NAIA team also! Might have hit a little "closer to home" as that is what essentially happen! Call me crazy but i'd say hey that guy must be a helluva coach! (or UNDs coach is really really bad)

Is UND looking to fire it's offensive coordinator because the offense stinks this year? No it falls more on the head coach. They just got a new coordinator and the offense seemed to go backwards. Southern Illinois offense is awful?! They scored 34 point at Illinois this year. And are averaging about 30 points this season so far. Not to mention his offense holds the two home records for most yards in Saluki Stadium.

Please don't ever compare USF to Mayville!

wow

just watch thru these doors

we don't have enough money for a coach

but we have a enough for a couple of empty passenger busses just with the stoarage filled of hockey equipment to buss down for road trips while the teams flies lmao

too funny.

You keep saying there isn't money for coaches. What are you basing that on? You think there was a reason Faison didn't give Mussman a large raise with his extension? Like maybe he wanted him to prove himself against a stronger schedule? Faison has shown he is willing to pay coaches who have shown they have earned a larger salary.

If UND athletics are in a money crunch would Hak take a pay cut to help with the situation. I would think he would still coach at UND for cheap he isn't in it for the money or I would think he would go pro for more money.

this is nothing a consistent, winning, competitive team wouldn't fix. don't need to rob from Peter to pay Paul.