SiouxSports.com Forum

Viewing options for Sioux hockey games this season

fightingsiouxfan86

They lost my annual subscription before the game last Friday vs. Miami.  I had to re-subscribe for the annual subscription before I could get Fridays game.  I emailed them with that info and they said they could not find any record of me having a annual subscription prior to last Friday.  I checked my credit card statement and sure enough - $81.95 was charged on my card on 9/25/2014.  I sent them a copy of my credit card statement and today was refunded the subscription from last Friday.  Bottom line - my email correspondence with them was fast and friendly.  I didn't see any other means of communication with them anywhere on the website.   Good luck!

I've had no good correspondence with NCHCtv.  First, they didn't extend my subscription, but they didn't cancel it, either. Had I not said anything, I probably would have continued to be able to watch for free.  I renewed it and worked just fine.

My problem is simply that my first email was lost by them (they admitted it), and they got back to me 10 days later.  When I responded to them again and it took four days to hear back. 

They're customer service is quite awful, actually.  Something as large as they are should have true contact form on the website and a phone number.  Having "just" an email address is really bush league for a service that is as big as they are.  Plus, since so much of their content is going on during the evenings and weekends, they should have people answering emails and handling things during the events.

I've had no good correspondence with NCHCtv.  First, they didn't extend my subscription, but they didn't cancel it, either. Had I not said anything, I probably would have continued to be able to watch for free.  I renewed it and worked just fine.

My problem is simply that my first email was lost by them (they admitted it), and they got back to me 10 days later.  When I responded to them again and it took four days to hear back. 

They're customer service is quite awful, actually.  Something as large as they are should have true contact form on the website and a phone number.  Having "just" an email address is really bush league for a service that is as big as they are.  Plus, since so much of their content is going on during the evenings and weekends, they should have people answering emails and handling things during the events.

Oh man that sucks.  I didn't have that experience luckily.  I agree - they need a phone number and a better process to contact them with viewing issues.

Sounds pretty similar to my experience.  My account wasn't renewed automatically, but I couldn't manually renew it either.  I basically just ended up getting free NCHCtv for October.  I tweeted @NCHC, and they confirmed that all customer service issues go to Neulion and are not dealt with by the conference.  

Also bought one. Looking forward to Big Sky TV on it

Seems to work quite well so far!

Only Internet at my house is cell phone data. I was able to connect the wifi with my phone's hot spot function and use my wife's galaxy s5 to pull up nchc tv to watch a few minutes of last Saturday's game in St. Cloud. Picture on my 50" tv actually was better than the live feed on my computer last Saturday. I wasn't able to get it any data just using my phone.

Anyways I'm curious too see how much data I end up using tonight. Past games just using my phone as a modem on my pc I've used 1.5 - 2 gb per game

• 2 weeks later...

412-35 on the dish hopper, doesn't look like dish will give it to us in hd.

has Dish shown any Sioux games so far in HD?

Does anyone know if the games that have been on Direct TV via fox sports have been in HD?

I'm looking to get Direct TV, dish or Comcast and I want to pick the provider that gives me the best HD option for the most games...

Does anyone know if the games that have been on Direct TV via fox sports have been in HD?

I'm looking to get Direct TV, dish or Comcast and I want to pick the provider that gives me the best HD option for the most games...

The games that are on FSN are in HD. The games that have been on FCS have been in SD. I have DirecTV. 

Sometimes they are in hd on dish, sometimes not, more often than not they are in hd.

Dish doesn't have a specific FCS channel, the fcs games are found on alternate sports channels

The first year midco games were found fta as well. and were the poorest fta sd we've ever seen

This year's sd are fine, but when you're accustomed to watching everything in hd, they won't look as good in sd, but not as poor as year 1.

Dish and direct are frequently launching new satellites so sd will become less common every year.

The hopper receiver is the best box I've ever seen. and the new ones have sling built in