SiouxSports.com Forum

Viewing options for Sioux hockey games this season

fightingsiouxfan86

it is not NCHC's  fault, it is DU having or not having their ducks in a row.  I have a theory that they do have their ducks in a row and are anti UND.  I would question how much of the actual subscription to NCHC TV is actually UND following.  I would put money that it is a lot bigger than we all suspect.

Denver had already sold an exclusive to ROOT sports before nchc.tv was created.    When that expires, I expect nchc to cover their home games too.

Just seems crappy that the Sioux had nationwide coverage with Fox College Sports that they lost when the NCHC was created, and Denver maintains their rights with ROOT. I know there is a lot to it. However, for Sioux fans, it sucks.....

So America's Top 200 still doesn't get me the one damn thing I want to watch on TV tonight...effing perfect.

nope, but the sports pack is half price for 6 months, and you don't have to keep it for 6 months. I think if you bought it for 5 tonight you'd have to keep it a full month, or pay a $5 penalty

I setup a Canadian proxy server and was able to get past the Not Available in the U.S. error message on the TSN site.  Unfortunately before the video stream will start you have to select what Canadian cable provider you use and log-in with those credentials, similar to ESPN3.

:sad:

Here is what the ESPN on-campus studio that Miami and Western Michigan will be implementing this coming year will be like and will greatly enhance the quality of our NCHC.tv broadcasts.  We'll have the studio, training, top-flight equipment, and people to produce high quality productions.  Right now only our Time Warner Cable SportsChannel productions are high enough quality to broadcast on Fox College Sports.  These ESPN productions will be higher quality than the TWCSC productions and all will be available for regional and national syndication of FCS and others.  Miami may also try to syndicate on ESPN3.

Here is Buffalo's set-up and photos and article.

ESPN-20141217-600x410.jpg

http://ubbulls.com/sports/mbkb/2014-15/releases/20141217c4loec

And here is what their fans think of the productions:

http://www.ubfan.com/board/index.php/topic,15848.msg180147.html#new

The NCHC has a bright future and we all have to keep striving to improve it.

• 3 weeks later...

Excuse me if my question ha already been addressed but I don't have time to go through this entire thread looking for it. The ESPN channels can now be streamed through amazon fire so I am wondering about CBSsports network. Anyone know whether the college hockey games carried by CBSsports Network have a streaming option, and in particular an option that does not require a cable or dish subscription?

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone have details of Saturday Night's game (January 24th) being televised?   All schedules show that the game will be on Fox College Sports but here in Fargo (Cable One) the guide shows "Miami vs. Denver" at 6pm on FCS and no UND/CC game anywhere.  Anyone else have anything different?

So I was saw that Midco is picking p the feed for Saturdays game at UNO on Saturday. Which got me thinking. Why can't they pick up every away feed if that is possible? And then it aslo got me thinking why Dan and Kobber can't haul the Midco truck to all UND hockey away games? Mazako and Woog did it all the time for Gopher games back in the day. I hope Midco can sign up a bunch of subscribers in Fargo and grow their revenue stream so they can make this happen. Just a pipe dream I guess, but hey, snythings possible!

So I was saw that Midco is picking p the feed for Saturdays game at UNO on Saturday. Which got me thinking. Why can't they pick up every away feed if that is possible? And then it aslo got me thinking why Dan and Kobber can't haul the Midco truck to all UND hockey away games? Mazako and Woog did it all the time for Gopher games back in the day. I hope Midco can sign up a bunch of subscribers in Fargo and grow their revenue stream so they can make this happen. Just a pipe dream I guess, but hey, snythings possible!

Well for starters midco isn't using satellite trucks for uplinks at the ralph....they are now using fiber. I don't know if they have the capability to send their feed from anywhere outside of town via fiber. To downlink away games they've simply been using a dish for downlink and sharing the away team's feed. This method is much less expensive than sending a crew and a truck and possibly renting a satellite truck.

Midco growing into anything other than a small regional is a pipe dream.