SiouxSports.com Forum

Viewing options for Sioux hockey games this season

fightingsiouxfan86

I pay exactly $29 per month for my own variation of a triple-play bundle of phone, 12 Mbps internet, and antenna TV with 20+ channels and growing.   I have a Channel Master DVR+ that records all the antenna channels, has a guide like the cable boxes, and lets me record, rewind, pause, slow-motion free antenna TV.  I then pay for the NCHC.tv subscription ($75 league pass) and my internet provider includes ESPN3 so I get all the MAC football, basketball, baseball for free along with all the free NFL games.   There is also a ton of other stuff free on ESPN3 like Arena League, Canadian Football, NCAA basketball, some hockey east hockey, etc...  The new OTA American Sports Network provides all the local college sports.  Highlights of everything are free on computer or Roku.  All legit.  If that isn't enough and you absolutely need more, that pay an extra $20 per month for Sling TV and get ESPN, ESPN2, TNT, TBS, etc. and you aren't missing much.  Isn't Big Sky TV free too?  On the rare occasion I don't get something I want to watch, radio or tunein does the job.  Crackle has free on-demand movies and TV shows if you don't want to pay for NetFlix or Amazon.

Not sure why anybody would need to pay more than $29 internet plus $20 Sling TV for a total of $49.  If you need NHL, add $10 per month to that total (Gamecenter Live price divided by 12 months)

Hard to beat.

https://www.sling.com/

www.channelmaster.com  (dvr)

www.crackle.com  (on-demand)

(phone) http://www.nettalk.com/products/products-overview/

I pay exactly $29 per month for my own variation of a triple-play bundle of phone, 12 Mbps internet, and antenna TV with 20+ channels and growing.   I have a Channel Master DVR+ that records all the antenna channels, has a guide like the cable boxes, and lets me record, rewind, pause, slow-motion free antenna TV.  I then pay for the NCHC.tv subscription ($75 league pass) and my internet provider includes ESPN3 so I get all the MAC football, basketball, baseball for free along with all the free NFL games.   There is also a ton of other stuff free on ESPN3 like Arena League, Canadian Football, NCAA basketball, some hockey east hockey, etc...  The new OTA American Sports Network provides all the local college sports.  Highlights of everything are free on computer or Roku.  All legit.  If that isn't enough and you absolutely need more, that pay an extra $20 per month for Sling TV and get ESPN, ESPN2, TNT, TBS, etc. and you aren't missing much.  Isn't Big Sky TV free too?

Not sure why anybody would need to pay more than $29 internet plus $20 Sling TV for a total of $49.

Hard to beat.

3 letters. HBO.  I've read that we will soon be able to purchase HBOGO without the cable/satellite subscription though.

Really?  I have pretty much that exact setup with Midco and its about $140.  One DVR and no other cable boxes with no movie channels or any other add-ons (did just add the Sports/Variety pack a month ago but haven't paid that bill yet).

I was told that your setup, after the initial months of lower prices, was about 115/month. At any rate, top 200 dish with a hopper, joey, and the sports pack is about 110.  ADSL from the local rural telco provider is $60, and in addition, a land line telephone is required, for additional $. Sodbuster's deal looks good to me, especially if that is not the initial introductory price.

While I probably have 100+ more channels with the dish subscription, I never watch more than about 25-30 of those total 200.

I assume that the rate for the first 6 or 12 months?  I had a great rate like originally but once that promotional period runs out and you're a customer, there isn't much they'll do for you on the price.  Have gotten minor discounts occasionally but nothing that was really worth the time.

Yeah it's for the 1st 12 months, then I just call and re-negotiate.  I did it with Comcast all the time.

The steps go like this: 

1. They tell me why package went up

2. I tell them what my budget allows per month

3. They say they can't give me that price

4. I ask politely to cancel my service.

5. They transfer me to customer retention department

6. I win :)

Count your blessings because Midco cant get to Fargo soon enough.

$168 a month, HD channels that they just dropped a few of, internet I had to go in and make them get me to the "up to 50mbps" equipment that is actually slower than the "up to 5mbps"  They just added $12 a month.  We have twins coming any day but once my wife goes back to work we are dropping the TV. 

I will admit that $8 of that was for the modem I just went out and bought.  But I used to have midco in West Fargo and Williston and the selection of channels is far superior.

AND MIDCO SPORTS NET!!! So I have an NCHC.tv subscription too.

Yeah it's for the 1st 12 months, then I just call and re-negotiate.  I did it with Comcast all the time.

The steps go like this: 

I am going to try this.  I will still drop it when Midco comes just out of spite and UND games.

The steps go like this: 

I've tried that with Midco a few different times and haven't had much success unfortunately.  Definitely didn't get anywhere near what I had hoped for.  I've talked with others who have ran into the same thing.

Last time I tried that with Midco I was told their service was a privledge...not a right.

While I have been generally happy with Midco (prices not withstanding) and their customer service is pretty good, I'm almost not surprised based on my discussions with them on pricing for existing customers. 

While I have been generally happy with Midco (prices not withstanding) and their customer service is pretty good, I'm almost not surprised based on my discussions with them on pricing for existing customers.

The it pricing is very fair in markets with choice and competition like fargo.....In bismarck their office on 7th is notorious for basically being "F€£k off and like it". Price is much higher here than in other markets.......just like gas

Must be the additional "shipping costs"...

The steps go like this: 

It still hasn't worked for me, believe me I have tried.  Have Midco and they won't budge on price.  

100 Mbps MidcoNet Xstream 2.0:  $55 / mo.

Sling:  $20 / mo.

Netflix:  $7 / mo.

NFL Game Pass (live NFL streaming):  $17 / mo.

Hockeystreams:  $9 / mo.

NCHC TV:  $7 / mo.

VPN:  $3 / mo.

Amazon Prime Instant:  Free

Popcorn Time:  Free  :hypocrite:

Total:  $118

All that gets me every live sporting even I want to watch except NASCAR.  There's only one show on cable TV I care to watch, and I have my ways of watching that no problem.  I can really watch just about anything I don't already pay for with Popcorn Time.

I'm probably going to drop Sling.  Was very excited for it, but picture quality and framerate hasn't been quality enough in my opinion.  I may come back to it though.  Not writing it off forever.

Playstation Vue will be another source worth looking into for cord cutters.  It's been quiet on that front, but it was supposed to release Q1 of 2015.