SiouxSports.com Forum

College Hockey 2013-2014 (Non-UND hockey)

Snake

If he keep showing a good two way game, I don't see how Luke Johnson doesn't get a look as a 3rd/4th line center for. Thompson doesn't really have a shot this year, Ausmus will really have to stand out for him to be considered.

You never know when it just clicks for a freshman defenseman and the learning curve narrows. Obviously his potential is high, so hopefully he shows why he was drafted so high sooner than later. With Simpson, Schmaltz, Stecher and Mattson, a more defensive defenseman probably has a little more value at this point.

You never know when it just clicks for a freshman defenseman and the learning curve narrows. Obviously his potential is high, so hopefully he shows why he was drafted so high sooner than later. With Simpson, Schmaltz, Stecher and Mattson, a more defensive defenseman probably has a little more value at this point.

We are talking about the USA world junior team, not UND if that's what you're referring to

No wonder I have never heard of him. He never played.

Christian Horn is well known in Minnesota hockey circles due to his high school career at Benilde St Margarets. (He was also a really good lacrosse player in high school too). He turned down scholarship offers to basically walk on at Minnesota. I was wondering if he was going to stick at the U...

Christian Horn is well known in Minnesota hockey circles due to his high school career at Benilde St Margarets. (He was also a really good lacrosse player in high school too). He turned down scholarship offers to basically walk on at Minnesota. I was wondering if he was going to stick at the U...

I was thinking the same thing. He had to have had other offers and you confirmed that. Well now he can transfer and sit out a year and play somewhere else. Question though for people with more knowledge than I. Would these last two years of not playing hurt him much? What confuses me, and what doesn't, is how can the second all time leading scorer at a good program not see any ice time with the rodents? Did Lucia just not like him or something?

They may be in line with the in conference scheduling this year!

PSU &OSU.......

Penn State will be good a lot faster than most think. Terrific brand new arena and an excited fanbase. Anyone see their home opener against Army? Place was packed(over 6300 capacity) with a great atmosphere. Not to mention they're already a pretty decent team. Won't take them long at all.

Penn State will be good a lot faster than most think. Terrific brand new arena and an excited fanbase. Anyone see their home opener against Army? Place was packed(over 6300 capacity) with a great atmosphere. Not to mention they're already a pretty decent team. Won't take them long at all.

I agree with you on this, Mariucci - saw some of the highlights of the PSU/Army game and the place looked like a miniature version of Penn State's football stadium crowd-wise. Playing at Penn State won't be a gimme game for anyone.

We are talking about the USA world junior team, not UND if that's what you're referring to

My bad, thought it was a stretch to say Thompson didn't have a shot to get in UND's lineup at some point. Makes sense in the World Junior context.

Haven't seem them play and I know it's early in the season, but they are 1-2 against a very week schedule so far. I'll be surprised if they end the season with a winning record.

Haven't seem them play and I know it's early in the season, but they are 1-2 against a very week schedule so far. I'll be surprised if they end the season with a winning record.

I would be surprised as well but they have the pieces in place to build a solid program over time. They've definitely made a strong committment.

Mariucci didn't say anything in regards to a Big 10 title this season - I don't think anyone is predicting a +.500 finish either. The financial and fan support is clearly in place, though. I agree with Mariucci - PSU will be better faster than people think.

I would be surprised as well but they have the pieces in place to build a solid program over time. They've definitely made a strong committment.

How long will the arena be packed if they someone stink for a few years?

Is that all Ohio state is missing to be a good program a new arena! Don't they also have the pieces in place to be successful?

The state has an extensive great hockey tradition to build on.

Great atmosphere...nice arena...big crowds...nice marketing (Hockey Valley)...love the football helmet stripe and contrasting name-plate on the back of the home jerseys...well played, Penn State.

Surprised nobody lined up in front of the net for an extra point after the first goal.