SiouxSports.com Forum

College Hockey 2013-2014 (Non-UND hockey)

Snake

Demko got beat on the oldest move in the history of breakaway moves..... :lol:

PS: BC's goal shouldn't have counted....but I guess they didn't want to review it.

They did review one of the shootout goals. Was the contention that the puck didn't keep moving forward? It looked like it went in off of Wilcox's skate.

They did review one of the shootout goals. Was the contention that the puck didn't keep moving forward? It looked like it went in off of Wilcox's skate.

The issue in question was that the shooter's skates weren't moving forward. It sure looked like he was at a dead stop. Another reason I am not a fan of shoot-outs.

As soon as the puck leaves the stick and hits the goaltender it counts as the shot. The BC player then tapped it in which would mean a second shot. I mean unless the goalie poke checks the puck and it goes off the player and inadvertently into the net.

If it meant points the reffs would have reviewed it longer. Clearly no goal.

As soon as the puck leaves the stick and hits the goaltender it counts as the shot. The BC player then tapped it in which would mean a second shot. I mean unless the goalie poke checks the puck and it goes off the player and inadvertently into the net.

If it meant points the reffs would have reviewed it longer. Clearly no goal.

And the video of the no-goal.

Saturday, in a bit of good news for North Dakota fans: Vermont beats Penn State.

Season's largest attendence of 17,600 for the game, played in Philly at the Wells Fargo Center.

Hence the difference between Ohio State and Penn State...put Vermont in Columbus and Value City Arena draws 3,000 tops.

Around the NCHC:

Colorado College - swept by Clarkson

Omaha - swept by Cornell

Duluth - split with Notre Dame

Miami - loss and tie against Providence

Denver - beat Niagara, lost to Canisius

St. Cloud - swept Colgate

With non-conference scores like that, the NCHC will be lucky to get more than just the auto-bid into the tourney.

With non-conference scores like that, the NCHC will be lucky to get more than just the auto-bid into the tourney.

I will be shocked if they don't get 3 or 4 teams in the tournament. The league hasn't been world beaters, but I think they've done o.k. non-conference thus far. Would be curious what the WCHA non-conference is thus far.

I will be shocked if they don't get 3 or 4 teams in the tournament. The league hasn't been world beaters, but I think they've done o.k. non-conference thus far. Would be curious what the WCHA non-conference is thus far.

I agree, I would be shocked if the NCHC doesn't have half of it's teams in the NCAA tourney. I am betting, UND, MU, SCSU and _____... You can pick your last team.

Edited by Goon

Just looked and so far the NCHC is 14-13-5 non-conference and Big Ten is 14-12-3, in which Minnesota and Michigan have 8 of those wins. In contrast, the Atlantic Hockey Conference is 6-33-3. Would think they would be looking at one automatic bid.

I guess the nc record doesn't surprise me... But the teams that are losing these games do. Denver is seriously struggling. And what happened to Miami this wknd? (Gillies, I'm guessing) Omaha?

Obviously any team can win here and there, but fans on this board would be out with pitchforks with those results.

I guess the nc record doesn't surprise me... But the teams that are losing these games do. Denver is seriously struggling. And what happened to Miami this wknd? (Gillies, I'm guessing) Omaha?

Obviously any team can win here and there, but fans on this board would be OUT WITH PITCHFORKS with those results.

Hey...I'm offended by that....we carry torches too ya know

Obviously any team can win here and there, but fans on this board would be out with pitchforks with those results.

Providence is legit. A lot of people had them picked real high in preseason, and Gillies is a stud, so he's going to win them a lot of games. I'm just surprised that Miami couldn't at least garner a split out there.

Omaha... if you look at how they have been since they started in the WCHA and now NCHC, the results shouldn't surprise you. They lose to team's they shouldn't. It's why they have not made the NCAA tournament the last couple years, and the one they did they had to wait around to find out if they snuck in.

I guess I'm not surprised DU is struggling right now. I also won't be surprised if they come around by the end of the year either.

Providence is legit. A lot of people had them picked real high in preseason, and Gillies is a stud, so he's going to win them a lot of games. I'm just surprised that Miami couldn't at least garner a split out there.

Omaha... if you look at how they have been since they started in the WCHA and now NCHC, the results shouldn't surprise you. They lose to team's they shouldn't. It's why they have not made the NCAA tournament the last couple years, and the one they did they had to wait around to find out if they snuck in.

I guess I'm not surprised DU is struggling right now. I also won't be surprised if they come around by the end of the year either.

I think the eighth place finish for Omaha is starting to look about right.

Haven't looked at the ECAC non-conference record, but it would seem they are slowly becoming a power conference.

I don't know, the defending national champion lost to the color Brown on Friday night. The two teams that lost aren't exactly going to be power houses in the NCHC this season (C.C. and UNO)... It's pretty early, hard to tell what's going to happen this year. I think there’s a lot of parity this season, if anything. We do want our league to win the out of conference games though.