SiouxSports.com Forum

College Hockey 2013-2014 (Non-UND hockey)

Snake

I saw that he had a save percentage under .900 and started thinking BC might be done for.

I did not see if that was a career or season save percentage though.

I can't figure out if B.C. is that bad or if Minnesota is that good. There's not been a lot of defense at all in this series. Anyone who wants video requests from this game, let me know. I should have most of it video DVRED. I think...

I can't figure out if B.C. is that bad or if Minnesota is that good. There's not been a lot of defense at all in this series. Anyone who wants video requests from this game, let me know. I should have most of it video DVRED. I think...

There is no doubt that BC isn't playing the best defensively....I would think BC goalie would be rather disgusted with his play on those goals.....

UMtc is good no question they have talent and speed but it see a classic goofier season ......dominate at home on the big rink....couple of cupcakes on the road (including the pig10) schedule...then an early out in the tourney.

• Upvote 2

There is no doubt that BC isn't playing the best defensively....I would think BC goalie would be rather disgusted with his play on those goals.....

UMtc is good no question they have talent and speed but it see a classic goofier season ......dominate at home on the big rink....couple of cupcakes on the road (including the pig10) schedule...then an early out in the tourney.

Yeah, good points, their fans already have them winning the NCAA title. After watching a few weeks, it looks like P.C. is the class of Hockey East and there's a lot of parity this season.

Find me one.

No kidding. If anything, it's the opposite. Every Gopher fan I have interacted with is very cautiously optimistic because of their youth. The Gophers started 7 freshmen on Sunday. The young kids are playing really well right now (better than even the most optimistic Gopher fans expected), but will that last the whole season is the question. I will say this - Lots to be excited about for the future :)

I've seen this before from minnesota teams where they are a young team get off to a torrid start and fizzle out at the end. we'll see if this year is different. they do have everything lined up in their favor though as the big ten tourney and west regional is in their back yard.

No kidding. If anything, it's the opposite. Every Gopher fan I have interacted with is very cautiously optimistic because of their youth. The Gophers started 7 freshmen on Sunday. The young kids are playing really well right now (better than even the most optimistic Gopher fans expected), but will that last the whole season is the question. I will say this - Lots to be excited about for the future :)

There's always the unrealistic "we're going undefeated" Gopher fans hanging around... They're on Facebook trolling.

There's always the unrealistic "we're going undefeated" Gopher fans hanging around... They're on Facebook trolling.

There are a few unrealistic Gopher fans, they remind me of another fan base in Fargo, ND :):)

I had a Gopher fan (aka clown) chirp me on twitter yesterday, when I sent out a hook line and sinker tweet earlier last week. Every fan base has them. As a fan base, it seems like some Gopher fans lack a sense of humor, not everyone gets it like Jupiter.

Again, I think there's a lot of parity this season in college hockey, especially when you have Sacred Heart beating UMass Lowell and Brown beating Yale. I have always said, that you never win a national title in October, November or December. Also, this is some of the worst B.C. goaltending that I have seen in years. Kind of wish they were heading up to Grand Forks this weekend.

Edited by Goon

Yeah, there are those types in every fan base. Maybe I should rephrase. Every logical thinking Gopher fan out there is cautiously optimistic. They are off to a much better start than anyone could have expected, but they are so young. I'll wait and see where they are at in a few months before I start predicting outcomes for this season. I'm just happy they are in the discussion of contenders at this point.

There are a few unrealistic Gopher fans, they remind me of another fan base in Fargo, ND :):)

I had a Gopher fan (aka clown) chirp me on twitter yesterday, when I sent out a hook line and sinker tweet earlier last week. Every fan base has them. As a fan base, it seems like some Gopher fans lack a sense of humor, not everyone gets it like Jupiter.

Again, I think there's a lot of parity this season in college hockey, especially when you have Sacred Heart beating UMass Lowell and Brown beating Yale. I have always said, that you never win a national title in October, November or December. Also, this is some of the worst B.C. goaltending that I have seen in years. Kind of wish they were heading up to Grand Forks this weekend.

I don't know, Demko played pretty well on Friday. And hard to completely fault Billett for the goals on Saturday. If anything, I think BC's defenders were more to blame. Lots of grade A chances for the Gophers. I mean, Ambroz was left all alone in front of BC's net. Not a defender within 10 feet.

Been hearing the same thing for the last 25 years.

I don't know, Demko played pretty well on Friday. And hard to completely fault Billett for the goals on Saturday. If anything, I think BC's defenders were more to blame. Lots of grade A chances for the Gophers. I mean, Ambroz was left all alone in front of BC's net. Not a defender within 10 feet.

I think it's pretty clear Demko is going to be BC's goalie. The kid is 17. He wouldn't be there if he was just going to back up.