SiouxSports.com Forum

Montana @ North Dakota

homer

I would expect Labatt to finally see extensive action with Goodman's injury and finally being healthy. Cory McKesson the RB from the San Diego area that we reviewed film on last spring is now on the roster. I am excited to see how he develops. Mollberg to be named starter.

"I was amazed at how much noise was in that facility, with the number of people that were only left."--John Stiegelmeier on the Alerus Center crowd on Jackrabbit Insider.

Hopefully Montana's coach isn't giving us backhanded compliments next week.

So does everyone leave in the 2nd or 3rd quarter this weekend? Because you know everyone leaves regardless of the score. Last year's Montana game was close throughout and there was no one left by the end of the game. The student section is absolutely horrible, and it p*sses me off unbelievably.

Griz seek vengeful win against UND

I like the end where they quote and link Siouxsports.com..

What UND fans are saying:

“Saturday the Grizzlies make their return to Grand Forks and will want revenge from the game last season. I have heard they are bringing a pretty good crowd with them again so it should be a pretty fun game inside the Alerus.” – SiouxSports.com

Unfortunately, the link doesn't work.

So does everyone leave in the 2nd or 3rd quarter this weekend? Because you know everyone leaves regardless of the score. Last year's Montana game was close throughout and there was no one left by the end of the game. The student section is absolutely horrible, and it p*sses me off unbelievably.

Doesn't help matters when Mussman runs out the clock at the end of the half. People stay to watch an entertaining product on the field.

Matching Montana's intensity will be paramount this week. The Montana players seem to have had this week circled for quite a while. For UND's part, I hope for their sake they've shaken off the disappointment and mistake prone play of last week or they'll run into a buzzsaw. One of the hazards of playing young, inexperienced guys-they often haven't yet learned to shake off bad play and get themselves off the emotional rollercoaster to play with consistency.

http://missoulian.co...19bb2963f4.html

He got hurt early on and came back with an ankle heavily retaped and played thru it the rest of the game.

Herald article today sasy Goodman is doubtful............

Last year's Montana game was close throughout and there was no one left by the end of the game. The student section is absolutely horrible, and it p*sses me off unbelievably.

Griz fans outnumbered North Dakota students last year. Hope that isn't the case agains this year, but probably will be.

"I was amazed at how much noise was in that facility, with the number of people that were only left."--John Stiegelmeier on the Alerus Center crowd on Jackrabbit Insider.

Hopefully Montana's coach isn't giving us backhanded compliments next week.

It did get a lot louder toward the end of the game. I just can't understand how people watched UND score a TD and leave right after the following kickoff.

Doesn't help matters when Mussman runs out the clock at the end of the half. People stay to watch an entertaining product on the field.

His job as a coach is to what is best for the team and win the game, not entertain people who have zero attention span.

• Upvote 1

While Goodman is a key cog in the defense, I do not want to hear the coaches use that as an excuse. I hear how banged up they are all the time, but I think that is the case for most football teams from week to week. NDSU has missed key ingredients from time to time and don't seem to dwell on it, they just plug in another guy, and while I know their depth should rightfully be better, I would think UND should be improving their depth quite a bit by now after the transition. Perhaps the difference is older depth compared to younger depth.

While Goodman is a key cog in the defense, I do not want to hear the coaches use that as an excuse. I hear how banged up they are all the time, but I think that is the case for most football teams from week to week. NDSU has missed key ingredients from time to time and don't seem to dwell on it, they just plug in another guy, and while I know their depth should rightfully be better, I would think UND should be improving their depth quite a bit by now after the transition. Perhaps the difference is older depth compared to younger depth.

Games missed by NDSU lbs last year when they had no depth was 0. If they don't get lucky like that they don't win the championship.

Care to elaborate on this bold statement.

Seriously?

You of all people who has followed this program over the past few years intently shouldn't even need me to elaborate.

I'll leave it at that.

Games missed by NDSU lbs last year when they had no depth was 0. If they don't get lucky like that they don't win the championship.

Heagle...one of the best all around FCS DBs I've seen in years missed almost all of last year. That D didn't miss a beat.

Seriously?

You of all people who has followed this program over the past few years intently shouldn't even need me to elaborate.

I'll leave it at that.

Of course you'll "leave it at that." You made a statement accusing Mussman of not trying to win games based on his decisions in the past. Yet, when asked for more info you try and dodge the question.

I don't agree with many of Muss's game decisions, but I'm sure he makes the decisions he does because he feels it gives UND the best chance to win. I'm sure it's also much easier for me to make decisions from my couch or the stands than it is for him on the field. Some examples include situations that have been talked about on this site many times: Going for it last season against NoCo on 4th and 1 when we had an all-conference kicker. Throwing a bomb on 3rd and 1 the play before when the plan was to go for it on 4th down if it didn't work. Calling timeouts early in the 4th quarter when we know we're going to need them at the end of the game. Going conservative with the lead against Fresno St. Attempting to rotate QBs against EWU. Not playing any running backs other than our 165 lb senior. Trying to run that 165 lb senior up the middle rather than setting up screens for him or throwing the ball to him in the flats (with how teams are beginning to pass rush against us, knowing that we can't run, I think a RB screen would work quite well).

• Upvote 1