SiouxSports.com Forum

Montana @ North Dakota

homer

They had depth a safety. They had nothing beyond the starters at LB. They would have been screwed if one or more of them had gone down.

The only backer they don't rotate is Olson. They've had various LB injuries the last 2 years but have been able to overcome that due to depth and playing experience.

I can hear the Montana DC in the meeting room now.... '84 is scrawny, we're gonna press all day and he won't get off the line of scrimmage.' Please please Montana press our WRs. Especially Hardin and Jackson.

We respect your WR's. Whats going to hurt you guys is whichever RS Freshman QB is starting the game. We're gonna tee off on him..

This Montana team scares the hell out of me. They are MUCH better than last year's team that UND beat at Alerus Center. They are also much better and are a more complete team than SDSU, IMO.

This Griz team will contend for the BSC title and make a run in the playoffs again. Back to normal in Missoula after a year off.

I do not have a good feeling about this game at all. I really hope I am wrong and as always am hoping for the best.

Go Sioux.

Our defense was also on the field way too much last year and it showed in the 2nd half when you torched us. They wont be on the field as much as they were last year. This year our secondary has been playing very well. They've been going up against probably one of the best QB's in the conference this year in practice. I know its practice but still it carries over to the actual game. I was really impressed on how they played against App St granted they were without their best WR.

Not sure I'm buying that excuse. Was about as even as it gets. From last year's game:

Time of Possession

UM: 30:03

UND: 29.57

2nd Half TOP

UM: 16:01

UND: 13:59

Total Offesnsive Plays

UM: 86

UND: 85

You don't get torcherd for a BSC record 660 yards thru the air without having some doubts/concerns about stopping the same group of WRs. Anything else is reckless chest thumping. If UND can run the ball a little bit and slow down the Griz running game...now you got something.

You don't get torcherd for a BSC record 660 yards thru the air without having some doubts/concerns about stopping the same group of WRs. Anything else is reckless chest thumping. If UND can run the ball a little bit and slow down the Griz running game...now you got something.

You're correct. There is some concern but i feel like this is a new year and a different team that what you guys seen last year.

JJ is the x-factor. The kid is a straight baller. He brings so much to this team, not only to our offense but our defense feeds off of him too. It should be a great game.

You're correct. There is some concern but i feel like this is a new year and a different team that what you guys seen last year.

JJ is the x-factor. The kid is a straight baller. He brings so much to this team, not only to our offense but our defense feeds off of him too. It should be a great game.

Does it look like he has any rust from sitting out a year or did he look back to his old self game 1 against App? I think he will make a difference, but I think both teams have changed a little since last year.

Gonna call it now and say Golladay has a break-out game. The kid is big, fast and can jump out of the building. He will win pretty much any one on one battle and with the attention I think Hardin will get, he should have that chance. I also see a pretty good game from Jackson again because of the attention Hardin will likely get. Will also be interesting to see how UND can get Jackson the ball, saw a new dimension last week with the Wildcat. The guy is a TE in a playing WR, going to get a fair amount of YAC due to his size and how hard he is to take down in the open field.

Hopefully some 2nd half adjustments on the defensive side carry over and we see some improvement. Don't see the Griz trying to turn the game into a track meet again like last year, lesson likely learned on their part. They will try to shorten the game with long drives and after watching SDSU, I don't blame them.

And let's see some change of pace in the backfield!

Does it look like he has any rust from sitting out a year or did he look back to his old self game 1 against App? I think he will make a difference, but I think both teams have changed a little since last year.

I thought for sure he might be a little rusty but he showed no signs of rust. He hooked up with 10 different receivers against App St. I think he was 19-23 251 yds 2 td's. He makes very few mistakes. He doesnt force anything, he takes what the defense gives him.

He has adjusted well to our new offense. The kid just makes plays. He knows the game and he's been a winner wherever he goes..

Surprisingly he looked like his old self, was something like 13-14 in the first half with the only incompletion a hail mary at halftime.

You're right about not wanting to get into a track meet, they would rather feed the two RB's and throw an occasional pass to keep UND honest, do not want to get into a shootout again unless necessary.

Should be interesting.

Surprisingly, it makes me feel a little better than both of you said he didn't show any rust, though a little surprising with a year off at the QB position. As a fan, I'm excited to see him play. As a UND fan, I'm a little concerned and hoping some rust shows up. Regardless, if last year is any indication then lack of excitement won't be an issue.

Why dont your students ever show up to games? It seems kinda odd to me. There cant be too much happening on a Saturday afternoon in Grand Forks this there?

There was a nice student section at the SDSU game. They even stayed after halftime which they didn't the past few years. Most of them bailed after Zenner had his long TD.

Why dont your students ever show up to games? It seems kinda odd to me. There cant be too much happening on a Saturday afternoon in Grand Forks this there?

Poor product on the field for a couple years coupled with not real great home schedules killed the student interest. It has slowly picked back up, particularly with the tailgating area targeted at them. Still nowhere near what it was 10 years ago, but there have been improvements. Hoping the remember how fun last year's game was and stay to make a difference. The Alerus is capable of getting loud and making a difference.