SiouxSports.com Forum

Montana @ North Dakota

homer

The whole first half? Like when we marched down the field and scored first and then were marching down the field again to go up 14-0 until that int? Bartels int and fumble put the d in a bad spot and killed momentum. That's not a Mussman thing. So did you really mean the whole first half?

Granted we shocked USD with our first possession, but after the interception is was all down hill in my mind for the first half...we couldn't stop a simple counter by them and they ran it non-stop...So yes, the whole 1st half was not good and we made adjustments in the second half - why is it so hard to understand that we need to make adjustments quicker??? Didn't SDSU make adjustments after the first score by the Sioux? Maybe if we are lucky we have more visiting teams who wait until half time to make adjustments and let us run up the score....

Once again with the ridiculous statements. 50% of the time? Care to back up your stats on that?

Ridiculous??? I asked someone to tell me how many good decisions he has made to win the games...silence...I understand you have a hard time being critical on the Sioux as do I, but having 5 years to build your team and create the atmosphere for winning and coming up short isn't something we should be giving endless second chances and guesses on in my opinion. Either make adjustments faster and read the game or provide your skills somewhere else where .500 records are acceptable...flame away. If Hakstol doesn't get the championship soon, he will have to deal with this reality as well...only, he has winning records and playoff teams which Mussman has shown once in the five years with his GWC win...

Why is there talk of NDSU LBs in this "Montana at UND" thread?

Please cease.

Start another thread if need be.

How about this one:

"Is SDSU's QB better than NDSU's linebackers, and if so how is his criminal record?"

That should cover quite a few current topics in one thread. :lol:

Here's another one:

"If the B1G conferences are so great why is Minnesota ducking UND in hockey and NDSU in football, and should the North Dakota schools be advertising that on ESPN?"

That would cause some hate and discontent too.

Hey I'm Rob Port!

• Upvote 1

Why dont your students ever show up to games? It seems kinda odd to me. There cant be too much happening on a Saturday afternoon in Grand Forks this there?

They have been nearly sold out in the past 2 games, but leave early. There is obviously something better happening, I guess they can't sneak booze into the game and stay and drink there like I did in the old days.

• Upvote 1

Ridiculous??? I asked someone to tell me how many good decisions he has made to win the games...silence...I understand you have a hard time being critical on the Sioux as do I, but having 5 years to build your team and create the atmosphere for winning and coming up short isn't something we should be giving endless second chances and guesses on in my opinion. Either make adjustments faster and read the game or provide your skills somewhere else where .500 records are acceptable...flame away. If Hakstol doesn't get the championship soon, he will have to deal with this reality as well...only, he has winning records and playoff teams which Mussman has shown once in the five years with his GWC win...

Now you are just talking "cray cray"...what the kids are now calling "crazy"...per my teenage daughter. I'm agreement with all of it...even as a hockey fan. The bar for this FB program should be at a minimum a playoff appearence. Hockey...it's a Natty.

Muss has to get a win...at home...vs. the Griz, Cats or EWU IMO. The Cats game looks like a better possiblilty due to their QB situation so if he can get this game vs. the Griz, then a win vs. a delepted Cats squad...one never knows about a possible playoff spot then!

"Keep calm and beat Montana"!

They have been nearly sold out in the past 2 games, but leave early. There is obviously something better happening, I guess they can't sneak booze into the game and stay and drink there like I did in the old days.

This actually does play a role. I have friends who would always leave/left because they would get tired/hungover around halftime. I'd say "allow alcohol in the student section" to fix the problem, but most students aren't 21 so they wouldn't be able to drink regardless. Maybe we should sell the Alerus to Canada and work out some sort of "international zone" arrangement that would allow drinking at 18, haha.

This actually does play a role. I have friends who would always leave/left because they would get tired/hungover around halftime. I'd say "allow alcohol in the student section" to fix the problem, but most students aren't 21 so they wouldn't be able to drink regardless. Maybe we should sell the Alerus to Canada and work out some sort of "international zone" arrangement that would allow drinking at 18, haha.

Makes complete sense now that I think about it. "DUDE, I'm losing my buzz, lets go drink at my place and watch the rest on TV!" People will say this is sad, and can't you go a few hours without drinking. Go back in a time machine and ask yourself that question when you were 18-22. Do we lose students from hockey games for this reason? Those games prob average 2 hrs and 20 minutes or so, not much shorter than a UND Football game.

Edit: The students are hardly the only ones leaving by the way, the general public has a very similar "leave early" rate I would say. It is just easier to see the students being gone because they are concentrated in one area.

Idea for Dave Primus: Give away $100 or a donated prize with limited time to go in the 4th quarter. Randomly pick a ticket that was scanned in for that game. You have to present the ticket within 30 minutes of the game being over to claim your prize. If you can't do it by seat location, have students enter their name in a drawing and show ID if their name is picked. For general public, you could do seat location. Some variation of this could work. I know they use the free tuition for a year promotion, do something on a smaller scale.

• Upvote 1

I understand this for the most part, though don't necessarily agree with it. It isn't like the "of-age" students are being prevents from drinking. There are a couple stands set up on that side of the concourse, though I understand the frustration of not being able to bring them down into their seats. Halftime is long enough to have a beer or two to keep you going.

The only thing that makes me want Hakstol to stay for a while longer even though he hasn't won the big one is the talent he has coming in the next few years. If he can't get it done with this next crop it's probably time for a new voice.

An example of a well coached up play from last game was the quick snap qb sneak for the first down. For the most part, though, it's hard to point out good coaching moments because like a good oline it's not readily apparent. If an oline is doing terrible then you notice it, just like horrible coaching mistakes. An example of one would be only playing Miller at RB.

It's called a hip flask and a coke. Problem solved rookies.

• Upvote 1

Who was on the field playing in the second half. Who do you think should play on D.

Is Big Snacks a difference maker. Is Marcus Cheaton playing and does he help much being a first year player

Big Snacks has to start at NG. Henson can move to DE. Rotate in Welch and Cheatom on one side and in jumbo packages. If Cummings keeps playing like crap replace him with Carrothers and Woodsmall.

Cheatom gets in there a decent amount, he'll get more snaps as the season goes on.

Goard and Labatt will play alot more with Goodman going down. Peters needs to step up big time, he sucked last week. Bennett needs to just play like he did last week, he was awesome. Finley anyone? Did he have a tackle last week? Same as Peters, make a play or step aside. I liked the secondary but I'd like more Kuksa.

Big Snacks has to start at NG. Henson can move to DE. Rotate in Welch and Cheatom on one side and in jumbo packages. If Cummings keeps playing like crap replace him with Carrothers and Woodsmall.

Cheatom gets in there a decent amount, he'll get more snaps as the season goes on.

Goard and Labatt will play alot more with Goodman going down. Peters needs to step up big time, he sucked last week. Bennett needs to just play like he did last week, he was awesome. Finley anyone? Did he have a tackle last week? Same as Peters, make a play or step aside. I liked the secondary but I'd like more Kuksa.

Thanks-doesn't UND rotate alot of players on D. Is there a big talent dropoff between the 1's and 2's.

Back when we were playing good D didn't the 2's get a good amount of playing time.

If the guys were playing who you think should be playing could this be an average D?

Thanks-doesn't UND rotate alot of players on D. Is there a big talent dropoff between the 1's and 2's.

Back when we were playing good D didn't the 2's get a good amount of playing time.

If the guys were playing who you think should be playing could this be an average D?

There isn't the drop off that there was the last few years. They rotated alot in the second half when they woke up. On saturday they looked pretty above average down the stretch. They need to sustain that level of play for a season to regain the reputation they once had.

Why dont your students ever show up to games? It seems kinda odd to me. There cant be too much happening on a Saturday afternoon in Grand Forks this there?

Pretty general to assume that students haven't been showing up - it's gaining momentum - just went through several years of reclassifcation hell at a school that has one of the best hockey programs in the nation and plays in the best hockey arena - it takes time to get students back. First two games this year have been excellent.

I would be careful what you say on here. I personally have attended every football game game this year; in addiction to each of the tournament volleyball games and part of today's UND/NDSU soccer Match. Also I have to disagree with many of you. I see fans cheering, were as I have not been able to get regular fans sitting by the students off their feet. Even after we fell down late in the third by three tuchdowns I was working to get the crowd involved and not just the students.