SiouxSports.com Forum

Montana @ North Dakota

homer

That question came up on Saturday - anybody know why he isn't around this year? I understood it to be a volunteer position, so maybe he is tired of volunteering?

Regardless - he was one to help to "regain focus" on many occasions....

You mean Kauker isn't getting in guys faces? Ufff......thats why he's on the sideline...... :lol:

In case you missed it here's Montana Quarterback Jordon Johnson's story - he was acquitted and made it back in time for spring ball.

ISSOULA, Mont. -- Jurors deliberated for more than two hours Friday before acquitting a former University of Montana quarterback in a rape trial that has played out amid NCAA and federal investigations into how the city and school respond to rape allegations on campus.

Jordan Johnson and his attorney David Paoli both cried after the verdict was announced, and cheers erupted from the area where the defendant's family was sitting in the packed courtroom.

The accusations against Johnson, 20, have drawn much attention in Montana, where UM football is the top sports attraction. Johnson led the school to a successful 2011 season as starting quarterback before being accused of assaulting a woman while watching a movie with her at her home last year.

His case has unfolded against a backdrop of NCAA and federal investigations of the university's athletic department and the manner in which rape allegations are handled on campus, investigated by police and prosecuted by the Missoula County attorney's office.

The situation left some worried that the highly successful football team was out of control off the field.

In closing statements Friday, assistant attorney general Joel Thompson told jurors that the accuser "has had to crawl through a proverbial tunnel of sewage" to see the case through to trial because she wanted accountability, the Missoulian reported. He alleged Johnson maliciously assaulted his client, resulting in psychological damage.

The female student testified that she and Johnson were kissing at her home last February when his demeanor changed and he held her down and raped her, despite her protests.

Witnesses testified that she was pale and shaking, and that she cried uncontrollably after driving Johnson back to his house.

But Johnson told jurors the sex was consensual and that the woman enjoyed it. He testified that she asked him if he had a condom and when he said he didn't, she told him that was OK. He said she never said "no," and he would have stopped if she had.

The defense argued the woman became upset and sought vengeance after Johnson got up without any cuddling and didn't talk to her other than to say, "Well, thanks," when she dropped him off at his house.

In case you missed it here's Montana Quarterback Jordon Johnson's story - he was acquitted and made it back in time for spring ball.

ISSOULA, Mont. -- Jurors deliberated for more than two hours Friday before acquitting a former University of Montana quarterback in a rape trial that has played out amid NCAA and federal investigations into how the city and school respond to rape allegations on campus.

Jordan Johnson and his attorney David Paoli both cried after the verdict was announced, and cheers erupted from the area where the defendant's family was sitting in the packed courtroom.

The accusations against Johnson, 20, have drawn much attention in Montana, where UM football is the top sports attraction. Johnson led the school to a successful 2011 season as starting quarterback before being accused of assaulting a woman while watching a movie with her at her home last year.

His case has unfolded against a backdrop of NCAA and federal investigations of the university's athletic department and the manner in which rape allegations are handled on campus, investigated by police and prosecuted by the Missoula County attorney's office.

The situation left some worried that the highly successful football team was out of control off the field.

In closing statements Friday, assistant attorney general Joel Thompson told jurors that the accuser "has had to crawl through a proverbial tunnel of sewage" to see the case through to trial because she wanted accountability, the Missoulian reported. He alleged Johnson maliciously assaulted his client, resulting in psychological damage.

The female student testified that she and Johnson were kissing at her home last February when his demeanor changed and he held her down and raped her, despite her protests.

Witnesses testified that she was pale and shaking, and that she cried uncontrollably after driving Johnson back to his house.

But Johnson told jurors the sex was consensual and that the woman enjoyed it. He testified that she asked him if he had a condom and when he said he didn't, she told him that was OK. He said she never said "no," and he would have stopped if she had.

The defense argued the woman became upset and sought vengeance after Johnson got up without any cuddling and didn't talk to her other than to say, "Well, thanks," when she dropped him off at his house.

He had his day in court and now that whole scenario is history...not sure how you posting this is relevant other than to try to deflect from what is truly "criminal" which is the play of UND's FB team and it's current state of affairs!

• Upvote 4

The HD stream on Big Sky was much better than the SD version for the Valpo game, but seeing that debacle in HD was not that special. I'm afraid to looks again for the next couple weeks, fortunately it's free, not a product on the field I'd feel good about paying for; The UND lines on both sides of the ball are so outclassed by these teams it isn't even funny. I'm on board trying these guys with a new HC, and seeing if they are better than they now appear.

He had his day in court and now that whole scenario is history...not sure how you posting this is relevant other than to try to deflect from what is truly "criminal" which is the play of UND's FB team and it's current state of affairs!

No deflections - it's a part of this teams legacy. Just reflecting on the sad state of sports and you proved my point by comparing how a bunch of kids played on a field to this situation. As I stated he was acquitted, but it happened as did all he dominoes that fell at Montana afterwards.

No deflections just reflecting on the sad state of sports and you proved my poitn by comparing how a bunch of kids played on a field to this situation. As I stated he was acquitted, but it happened.

Hammer seemed to forget that he was calling a football game rather than working for TMZ too. The guy was innocent. He had a one night stand with a girl who thought it was more than that and she then attempted to ruin his life.

• Upvote 2

Hammer seemed to forget that he was calling a football game rather than working for TMZ too. The guy was innocent. He had a one night stand with a girl who thought it was more than that and she then attempted to ruin his life.

That's why it's important as a young man to understand the difference between a women and .... just listen to the song.

That's right. Worse than the defense was today. Worse than the unit that had one stop. What I don't get is that we have at least 3 legit OL. Kleason Anderson and Walker are all good. I've never been impressed with Denui. I don't get why they haven't been better. Kleason was awesome last year when he came back and this year he looks like a bum.

There is at least 2 guys playing hurt right now and it shows big time. When healthly, those guys don't get beat like a drum. What concerns me is their back-ups must not be capable of playing better than an injured starter. Adams getting dinged up in spring ball was another blow. I didn't think that UND's O-line would be an issue, but even playing average would be a step-up from where they are playing. Mollberg and Bartells along with the RB's don't have a chance.

No clue where to even start with the defense. Good game plan by UM. Know that UND will be selling out to stop the run and probably worked on that all week and proceed to just throw the ball all game instead. Not that it would have mattered but maybe had they ran it it would have shortened the game and they wouldn't have scored so many points.

What I can't understand, correct me if you all saw something that I didn't, is why we started out the game by moving the pocket and then stopped doing it after one bad throw. On the first drive (successful drive I might add) we moved the pocket, rolled Mollberg out, and helped relieve some of the pressure on the linemen. But after that, we only rolled out one other time, and then settled into a regular passing game where we tried creating a pocket. We all saw how well that worked out. So why?

What I can't understand, correct me if you all saw something that I didn't, is why we started out the game by moving the pocket and then stopped doing it after one bad throw. On the first drive (successful drive I might add) we moved the pocket, rolled Mollberg out, and helped relieve some of the pressure on the linemen. But after that, we only rolled out one other time, and then settled into a regular passing game where we tried creating a pocket. We all saw how well that worked out. So why?

It's a good question and an accurate observation.

My bad - I get it - he was the victim. What if it was your daughter?

Not a victim by any stretch but he was found not guilty...end of story. Again you posting about it at this point of time has no relevance to this thread IMO. These scenarios come down to "he said, she said" and the jury believed the "he said" part.

• Upvote 2

I'm not going to jump into this argument full bore because it's already history, but if you would have followed the case at all there was little doubt of the outcome. Some of the things that came out during the investigation and at the trial were bizarre, following the tweets of the journalists in the courtroom it was over after the prosecution presented the case, the testimony of her friends along with her own told the story and it wasn't the one she originally told.

• Upvote 1

Another amazing stat from the game:

Big Sky: The headliner in the Big Sky Conference Saturday night was Montana junior Jordan Johnson being more efficient than any quarterback in conference history with a passing efficiency of 322.3 in a 55-17 win over North Dakota (15-for-19 for 354 yards and five touchdowns, leading the Grizzlies to touchdowns on their first eight drives).

From the Sports Network: http://www.sportsnetwork.com/merge/tsnform.aspx?c=sportsnetwork&page=cfoot2/news/news.aspx?id=4624848

My bad. The bad thing is we have two weeks to stew on this loss.

I know, with UND being my secondary football team I was pretty disappointed with their effort too, I knew they would have problems stopping the run and figured that the freshmen QB would make a big mistake or two somewhere along the way, but I didn't think they would let guys get behind them all day like they did, just really horrible coverage the whole first half.

Montana is better, but it shouldn't have been like that, hopefully two weeks with that loss eating on them will light a fire under these guys for the Cats.

I think you guys are beating yourselves up more than you should. Yeah, you are 1-2 but got beat by top 9 teams in the FCS. You had good moments, showed spirit and made it a game in one. The Griz smoked you, but the QB is one of the tops in the FCS and had a stellar day. 15 of 19 and of the 4 incompletes two were dropped by receivers and one was intentionally thrown away. People were open, but they didn't have to be very open. I suspect the coaches expected a run game (everyone at egriz certainly did) and quick passing TDs got everyone questioning and second guessing themselves. UND is certainly a better team than the last game's score indicates. So, don't mope. Pull things together and beat the Cats!