SiouxSports.com Forum

Montana @ North Dakota

homer

I missed the SF debacle but without question last night was the first time at the Alerus I was truly embarrassed for this program after sitting thru a game. Sad...

We take a tota a** kicking and have next Saturday to reflect on it while we all watch Gameday at the AC and realize exactly how far this FB program is from being relevant in any way shape or form.

Sioux Falls game was worse...but not by much. Why don't u sit miller for a couple plays after taking a stupid penalty?

I thought the same thing at the time. Miller should have been yanked on the spot. There does not appear to be any meaningful consequences for players being undisciplined and taking stupid penalties. That sets a tone for the entire team.

There does not appear to be any meaningful consequences for players being undisciplined and taking stupid penalties. That sets a tone for the entire team.

That's because we have heard for years now that Muss is a "player's coach"...how's that working out! :crazy::glare:

I thought the same thing at the time. Miller should have been yanked on the spot. There does not appear to be any meaningful consequences for players being undisciplined and taking stupid penalties. That sets a tone for the entire team.

Not only did he not sit, he was given a carry on the very next play!

Not only did he not sit, he was given a carry on the very next play!

He was taunted on the play and reacted poorly, but in that situation, I have to admit I was glad to see his reaction and glad to see him get the next carry. at least he didn't just roll over and take it. We got the 15 yards back when the refs evened things out after the next set of downs. More importantly, the Oline should have responded better there and made sure miller got a good gain. Seeing miller throw an LB on his ass in between a couple of good gains could have been a big spark.

He was taunted on the play and reacted poorly, but in that situation, I have to admit I was glad to see his reaction and glad to see him get the next carry. at least he didn't just roll over and take it. We got the 15 yards back when the refs evened things out after the next set of downs. More importantly, the Oline should have responded better there and made sure miller got a good gain. Seeing miller throw an LB on his ass in between a couple of good gains could have been a big spark.

So that is what we are reduced to now? This is beyond pathetic.

I just want to go one game without a 15 year penalty.....just one. Guys are taunted every play, just the way it goes. If you mic'd the guys on the field you'd get a whole library worth of trash talking.

To me something that has been consistent in the Mussman era has been the 15 yard penalties. If he's here another ten years, at least clean that up. 9 penalties too....yuck.

Pathetic is the behavior of the coach ( laughing ) the players laughing and goofing off during the game. It starts with the leadership of the team and it is obvious that there is none. I agree to condone a dead ball foul is pathetic. Did anyone see how Saban ripped his player who got the dumb ass penalty after he scored. That is a coach !!!!!

I just want to go one game without a 15 year penalty.....just one. Guys are taunted every play, just the way it goes. If you mic'd the guys on the field you'd get a whole library worth of trash talking.

To me something that has been consistent in the Mussman era has been the 15 yard penalties. If he's here another ten years, at least clean that up. 9 penalties too....yuck.

If Mussman is here that long, we won't have a program left.

I, like many of you, was at the game last night and was not happy with the sloppy product on the field wearing the black and green uniforms. We got out played, out coached, and out classed by a very good Grizz team. I wonder how last nights loss is going to affect future ticket sells for the season. I have a feeling the Alerus is about to turn into a ghost town. The IPF can't come soon enough.

I, like many of you, was at the game last night and was not happy with the sloppy product on the field wearing the black and green uniforms. We got out played, out coached, and out classed by a very good Grizz team. I wonder how last nights loss is going to affect future ticket sells for the season. I have a feeling the Alerus is about to turn into a ghost town. The IPF can't come soon enough.

The IPF won't clean all of this crap up. You still have to make the right decisions when recruiting talent and this staff hasn't got it done.

It will help lure in a decent replacement coach and it will help that coach recruit.

I'm almost afraid to ask this question: Did we have any recruits at the game last night? Are any planning on coming to the MSU and EWU games? I'm praying that none come to any games until after the EWU game and hopefully the ship gets righted, at least partially.

Pathetic is the behavior of the coach ( laughing ) the players laughing and goofing off during the game. It starts with the leadership of the team and it is obvious that there is none. I agree to condone a dead ball foul is pathetic. Did anyone see how Saban ripped his player who got the dumb ass penalty after he scored. That is a coach !!!!!

For some reason the sideline clowning really grinds my gears. This matches the undiciplined play - no excuse for either. I think this reflects very poorly on the coaches.

What most of you don't seem to understand is the concept of taking the opponents best player out of the game. We heard about what a great punter the Grizzles have. Our game plan was to keep him on the bench. Just like you want to keep Peyton Manning or Aaron Rodgers off the field. We were able to do that better than any team these guys will face this year!

• Upvote 4

For some reason the sideline clowning really grinds my gears. This matches the undiciplined play - no excuse for either. I think this reflects very poorly on the coaches.

Agree. A dead ball personal foul penalty is deemed a positive now in this program. Pathetic is spot on.

I've watched a lot of (almost ALL of the) home football games from the front row in the Alerus center, and that gives me a great opportunity to see what goes on behind the scenes during the game. What have I seen the past couple of years?... a lot of the crap being brought up here. Goofing off, laughing and chuckling, and a general I don't give a crap attitude by MANY of the players along the sideline.

Maybe I'm just another booster taking the game too seriously. Or MAYBE, there is a lack of discipline and focus with this team. Shouldn't the team be more in-tune with the game than ANY spectator in the building? Maybe I've completely lost it and senility is setting in, but there was a time when the East sideline at the Alerus center was almost stoic. All players were focused on the play at hand, and were completely intense. And if they WERE f*****g off - there was someone in khakis immediately in their face getting the focus back. That time has come and has most certainly gone - and the discipline on the field shows it. I put this 100% on the coaching staff. PATHETIC!!!!

I don't care what happened to Miller after the play. He needlessly cost us 15 yards with a stupid undisciplined action. And then he not only immediately returns to play, but gets a carry on the next play? A coach demanding discipline and accountability would've ripped him apart, and then sat his ass (see khaki reference above). I wasn't the only one with a puzzled look on my face when he got the next carry - I just don't get it.

Anyway - should we be surprised at the number of penalties we get during a game? Of course not. If they keep it up, we should be looking at a home crowd of around 6K by the end of the season. I think I'll drink more at tailgating in the coming weeks - for medicinal purposes only.

My general thoughts on the whole game: :ohmy::huh:???:glare::sneaky::crazy: (insert completely frickin' embarrassed emoticon here)

I've watched a lot of (almost ALL of the) home football games from the front row in the Alerus center, and that gives me a great opportunity to see what goes on behind the scenes during the game. What have I seen the past couple of years?... a lot of the crap being brought up here. Goofing off, laughing and chuckling, and a general I don't give a crap attitude by MANY of the players along the sideline.

Maybe I'm just another booster taking the game too seriously. Or MAYBE, there is a lack of discipline and focus with this team. Shouldn't the team be more in-tune with the game than ANY spectator in the building? Maybe I've completely lost it and senility is setting in, but there was a time when the East sideline at the Alerus center was almost stoic. All players were focused on the play at hand, and were completely intense. And if they WERE f*****g off - there was someone in khakis immediately in their face getting the focus back. That time has come and has most certainly gone - and the discipline on the field shows it. I put this 100% on the coaching staff. PATHETIC!!!!

Does Greg Lotysz still help out??