SiouxSports.com Forum

Montana @ North Dakota

homer

When football is losing national semis I will start worrying about the hockey staff.

Until then, football needs an overhaul, and I'd start tomorrow if I had that power.

And yet the football team owns the most recent national title. Hak doesn't walk on water. The program recruits itself he should get more out of it.

• Upvote 3

And yet the football team owns the most recent national title. Hak doesn't walk on water. The program recruits itself he should get more out of it.

I'm not defending Hakstol. I've said to others that I'm worried he is our Doug Woog.

I'm saying the immediate problem is the football program.

• Upvote 1

In 2010, UND played Montana and SDSU in back to back weeks, on the road, and gave up a total of 48 points. In 2013, UND played the same two teams in back to back weeks, at home, and gave up 90 points. Not exactly progress. :sad:

Don't blame the hockey program for that.

Hey MussPoop, why hasn't Sparks seen a real game yet?!

As far as I am concerned that joker can stay on the sidelines. He was having a grand old time tonight all the way into the 4th quarter laughing it up and working on his dance moves in front of the freshmen while his team was down by 38 points. He was not the only one.

The most entertaining part of the game for me was when Shea Walker and Cordero Finley had to be separated while shouting "shut the !@#$ up" at each other for about 90 seconds. That is classic Sioux football.

Other than the humiliating blow-out, which is certainly the worst in Alerus history if not the worst in North Dakota history, I am most disappointed that the Griz didnt get a td on their final drive with their scrubs in. If they had it would have meant they scored a td on every single possession (except for right before half when the game clock stuffed them). I have never seen a team score 6 every time they had the ball. It sort of would have been somewhat historic..........

The most entertaining part of the game for me was when Shea Walker and Cordero Finley had to be separated while shouting "shut the !@#$ up" at each other for about 90 seconds. That is classic Sioux football.

In a way it's kind of nice to see some of the players had some fire tonight. Though not exactly mature it can be harnessed. We could have used that on the field.

We get a break with a backup QB coming in for MSU in 2 weeks but what's gonna happen when EWU comes to town? If the defense that was out there tonight shows up for homecoming we could be in for even more hurt. Those guys are gonna hang 70 on us.

I think the best gameplan for the remaining games should be as follows..........

Since the offense has shown that it is capable moving the ball, I think the defense should should just stay on the sideline when the opponent has the ball. Then we try like hell to block every PAT, of course. We are bound to get a few here and there. Our kick returners are pretty good, so with so many opponent touchdowns, we'll get lots of chances to break a return for a score. Every time we do score, we need to go for two. Keeping our defense off the field gives us the best chance to win.

Dear North Dakota fans,

The GRIZ team you ran into tonight is playing very angry after its firs losing season in 25+ years. This GRIZ team has had your number since you hung up 660 passing on us last season! Last year we lost our coach, quarterback, and swag. This is the type of team we normally have! That said, your team WILL win more games this year! You have a fantastic receiving corp! You have young QB's that will only get better! I'm rooting for you the rest of the season! Please beat Montana state, and please take to heart the FACT that UM owns that POS school from Bozeman! Il be rooting for you the rest of the season....

All my best,

HomeGrown

The Griz were 9-10 on 3rd down conversions.........

Really 9-9. Their punt came on their last meaningless series. Couple that with fact of UND not getting a TO...

This is a 5-6 or 6-5 season...again. Probably just enough for Muss to stick another year and then for me to say enough as a season ticket holder.

Last night was absolutely pathetic FB. Muss used "frustrated" in his post game presser...I'm far beyond that!!!