SiouxSports.com Forum

2013 season

gfhockey

What if Travis Beck is still kicked off ndsu's team or he decides to leave? Would he be welcomed here? I say yes.

I know it is just offseason talk, but he would have to sit out a year, meaning he would have 1 year of eligibility left for 2014. Wouldn't be worth for a handful of reasons it in my opinion.

If UND sweeps all those ranked teams at home they better have at least 10 wins in the regular season not to mention home field in the playoffs

I, like any other UND supporter, would absolutely love it if UND won all of their home games this season because playoffs would be a reality then. However, there are too many questions to be answered at this point to definitively know how this team will produce in 2013. Just looking at last year, the running game and defense needs to improve in order to make the playoffs in 2013. Furthermore, last season’s two starting quarterbacks have graduated, which makes for a third question.

In order to win all home games, UND must:

1. Have a significantly improved defense (or more right place at the right time = more turnovers!)

2.Have either Mollberg or Bartels surprise the entire conference as a freshman starting quarterback

3.Have an improved ground game

• Upvote 1

I, like any other UND supporter, would absolutely love it if UND won all of their home games this season because playoffs would be a reality then. However, there are too many questions to be answered at this point to definitively know how this team will produce in 2013. Just looking at last year, the running game and defense needs to improve in order to make the playoffs in 2013. Furthermore, last season’s two starting quarterbacks have graduated, which makes for a third question.

In order to win all home games, UND must:

1. Have a significantly improved defense (or more right place at the right time = more turnovers!)

2.Have either Mollberg or Bartels surprise the entire conference as a freshman starting quarterback

3.Have an improved ground game

I will add one more...Crowd support. Getting the Al packed and rocking will definitely would definitely help out. Need to start out strong the first few games in order for this to happen.

I will add one more...Crowd support. Getting the Al packed and rocking will definitely would definitely help out. Need to start out strong the first few games in order for this to happen.

Agree. I hope the Griz fans don't outnumber our student section again this season like they did last year. That was embarrassing.........

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...

http://www.undsports.com/SportSelect.dbml?&DB_OEM_ID=13500&SPID=6399&SPSID=58644

Game Times announced

Thu, Aug 29 Valparaiso (Military Appreciation Day) Grand Forks, N.D. 7:00 p.m.

96.1-FM tickets.gif Sat, Sep 07 South Dakota State (Potato Bowl USA) Grand Forks, N.D. 6:00 p.m.

96.1-FM tickets.gif Sat, Sep 14 Montana (Hall of Fame Game) Grand Forks, N.D. 6:00 p.m.

96.1-FM tickets.gif Sat, Sep 21 Open at TBA TBA

Sat, Sep 28 Montana State (Family Weekend) * Grand Forks, N.D. 2:30 p.m.

96.1-FM tickets.gif Sat, Oct 05 Idaho State * at Pocatello, Idaho 3:00 p.m.

96.1-FM Sat, Oct 12 Eastern Washington (Homecoming) * Grand Forks, N.D. 2:30 p.m.

96.1-FM tickets.gif Sat, Oct 19 Sacramento State (North Dakota Strong/Band Day) * Grand Forks, N.D. 2:30 p.m.

96.1-FM tickets.gif Sat, Oct 26 Portland State * at Portland, Ore. 3:05 p.m.

96.1-FM Sat, Nov 02 Northern Arizona * at Flagstaff, Ariz. 2:00 p.m.

96.1-FM Sat, Nov 09 Northern Colorado (Senior Day) * Grand Forks, N.D. 1:00 p.m.

96.1-FM tickets.gif Sat, Nov 16 UC Davis * at Davis, Calif. 6:00 p.m.

96.1-FM Sat, Nov 23 Open TBA TBA

Idaho State Journal Big Sky poll....Revealing my Big Sky preseason football poll

Man, I hope this guy is off.

I don't have a problem with his top three picks. however 4 thru 9 could be rearranged many ways. The UND fans know it rests on our defense and both line play. Our QB (whichever one starts will do enough to win games with our receiving corp. our OL and RB play will be improved. we have the best receivers in the conference and probably the nation.

Preseason polls means nothing, since we have a playoff. This one means UND hasn't made any noise and isn't a household name in the big Sky yet. Once we win a conference title and start overtaking the BSC we will see our team towards the top.

Just win baby!

Seriously though I agree that OL, DL, and RB play will be improved and our QB's will need to do just enough because our receivers will take care of the rest. NDSU won back to back championships with an average QB; albeit he does have good leadership traits.

The big question I have been pondering lately is which RB is going to step up and be the guy? Miller was down last year, but that kid is a fighter with a true North Dakota work ethic. Garmin is too hard for me to even predict...although he did look faster at the spring game. Shaugs is a beast and we were sorely missing that when Sutton went down (See Northern Colorado). Sparks has all the tools to be great...just needs to see the field.

I don't think I have a preference who plays RB as long as we are not averaging 2 yards per carry!

We all know what we would like to see early on at home this year, but if we go from the worst view. What at the very least does the team have to do through the first five games. Would a 3-2 record be ok, or would that take heads away.Through 8 games I am hoping for 5-3. First five I would be ok with a 3-2 record.

http://www.undsports...399&SPSID=58644

Game Times announced

Thu, Aug 29 Valparaiso (Military Appreciation Day) Grand Forks, N.D. 7:00 p.m.

96.1-FM tickets.gif Sat, Sep 07 South Dakota State (Potato Bowl USA) Grand Forks, N.D. 6:00 p.m.

96.1-FM tickets.gif Sat, Sep 14 Montana (Hall of Fame Game) Grand Forks, N.D. 6:00 p.m.

96.1-FM tickets.gif Sat, Sep 21 Open at TBA TBA

Sat, Sep 28 Montana State (Family Weekend) * Grand Forks, N.D. 2:30 p.m.

96.1-FM tickets.gif Sat, Oct 05 Idaho State * at Pocatello, Idaho 3:00 p.m.

96.1-FM Sat, Oct 12 Eastern Washington (Homecoming) * Grand Forks, N.D. 2:30 p.m.

96.1-FM tickets.gif Sat, Oct 19 Sacramento State (North Dakota Strong/Band Day) * Grand Forks, N.D. 2:30 p.m.

96.1-FM tickets.gif Sat, Oct 26 Portland State * at Portland, Ore. 3:05 p.m.

96.1-FM Sat, Nov 02 Northern Arizona * at Flagstaff, Ariz. 2:00 p.m.

96.1-FM Sat, Nov 09 Northern Colorado (Senior Day) * Grand Forks, N.D. 1:00 p.m.

96.1-FM tickets.gif Sat, Nov 16 UC Davis * at Davis, Calif. 6:00 p.m.

96.1-FM Sat, Nov 23 Open TBA TBA

I suppose it's too early for anyone to know which games might be televised this fall......

Why not. Ill go with Reyes making a huge impact as a freshman. Also Derryl Brown could crack the list with a huge year if he stays healthy.

I hope they do, but for any D-back to make an impact we have to change our defensive philosophy of playing very very very loose on receivers, especially our corners. I feel that this scheme holds us back more than anything else in Muss's tenure. They seem to do it year after year. I hope we change for this season.

I hope they do, but for any D-back to make an impact we have to change our defensive philosophy of playing very very very loose on receivers, especially our corners. I feel that this scheme holds us back more than anything else in Muss's tenure. They seem to do it year after year. I hope we change for this season.

We do have a new d coordinator. (Foreshadowing)