SiouxSports.com Forum

2013 season

gfhockey

Even though it seems nobody wants to even entertain the idea of Lennon returning, is it really completely out of the question? When he left, as hard as it may have been to accept at the time, it made sense. He got a healthy pay raise, and it gave him a better chance to climb the coaching ladder, a la Brian Kelly. Did it work out? No, not really. But it made sense at the time, and he's made good money for an FCS coach. And just because he hasn't been able to replicate the success he had at UND at SIU, that doesn't mean he's not a great head coach. Joe Glenn struggled too at times.

At this point in Lennon's career, he's got maybe 10-12 years left. Frankly, it's probably too late for him to realistically succeed at a level necessary to climb the ladder. So the question becomes--where would he rather be living/coaching for the next decade? Is he really happy at SIU? Is that really the right fit for him? Could he lead UND back to where it was during the glory years? Is there anybody else out there who would be a "safer" choice for UND?

I realize that for a variety of reasons, Lennon's return is doubtful. But it would make some sense. And it shouldn't be completely out of the question that UND's next coach is a current FCS head coach.

You make good points. I'd say the takeaway is that the UND job may or may not be attractive for Lennon to come back to, but whether or not he is likely to accept it shouldn't preclude Faison from knocking on Lennon's door.

how did he put me in a box

I never said I saw them there...just wrote that they were there...

then in my later post I posted who I have seen at bars...why u guys on my case anyways?

should be more concerned with our 2-7 football program.

So now you're concerned about talking about the football team since I pointed out your contradicting posts? You obviously were concerned that the coaches aren't out at the bar enough since you are the one that brought it up.

u ever see musman at the bar?

only coaches I have seen from the football staff at the bar was benny boyd and he was at parrots cay drinking water

dale and bubba always use to come out for a few after the games...

hak is known for showing up to southgate or wild hogs after games...

roebuck was a regular at el rocco.

So what you are saying in a round a bout way is simple.....

We need someone to bring back Dagwoods!!!! :silly::whistling:

At this point, I'm expecting the worst as far as transfers go. This could very well be a 3-4 year rebuild just to get a team into playoff contention.

It's really amazing that football was one of the things that drew me here originally, and over the course of two stints at this school and three degrees, the program has regressed almost every year. It's been tremendously disappointing.

What do you guys think the chances are that Carr stays here next season? I really hope he does because he sounds like he could be one heck of a player but every time I look at his twitter he is frustrated or upset with something and just wants to go home.

It wouldn't surprise me if Carr left. I think the AZ kids often have cultural shock when they come to GF. Not that it's bad, but just different, and couple that with the unfolding disaster that we have, I feel he'll be gone.

Unless we get a big name, well like coach in soon, I'd say the wagen train out of Dodge is going to be pretty busy by Christmas time.

I don't see a firestorm of transfers after this year. Certain things need to be addressed though.

For Carr specifically, he may decide to leave but the tweets are getting old. He has to decide if he wants to be part of the solution with the rest of his teammates or an individual. There have been a lot of people who have gone through a freshmen football season. Its not always easy or fun and your not longer "the guy". It gets better but constantly complaining about it isn't doing himself or his teammates any good.

• Upvote 1

After today it's hard not to look forward to what Golladay will become. He's only a true soph this season and has at times looked like a man amongst boys. He's going to be an all American candidate next year and will be thee guy. We need to make sure and not take him for granted, he's a special player.

I see SIU lost at home today to a pretty mediocre Missouri St. team. USD even beat Missouri St. this year. From 2010 to 2013, SIU is 20-23. Does Lennon need a fresh start somewhere else?

MSU is in 3rd place in the valley and is on a 4 game winning streak. USD even took Montana to the final play and had the lead with 2 minutes to go.

SIU was pretty close to breaking out with a solid season. Lost to EIU in OT by 3, lost to YSU by 1 in the final minutes (they missed an XP earlier), and turned the ball over on downs at the Illinois 3 yard line with a minute left while down 8.

• 2 weeks later...