SiouxSports.com Forum

2013 season

gfhockey

Okay after watching the draft I am excited for football again. Here's something I would like people to weigh-in on. Which incoming recruits do you guys believe will have their shirt pulled? Also which redshirt freshman will have the biggest impact on this team?

Some und troll on the bison media blog made the statement that Golladay is the top nfl prospect in North Dakota. Given he's only played one season, which was hampered by a high ankle sprain, that's quite the statement. But when you really think about it he just might be. He's got the height and with how's he's already developed after one winter who knows what he'll look like as a senior. My first thought was it was ridiculous. After thinking about it, it could end up being true. Emphasis on could.

Some und troll on the bison media blog made the statement that Golladay is the top nfl prospect in North Dakota. Given he's only played one season, which was hampered by a high ankle sprain, that's quite the statement. But when you really think about it he just might be. He's got the height and with how's he's already developed after one winter who knows what he'll look like as a senior. My first thought was it was ridiculous. After thinking about it, it could end up being true. Emphasis on could.

I thought Hardin would be the top prospect at least from UND (not sure about the state).

I think thats a stretch until Williams is gone, since he is imo the best prospect since kleinsasser out of the ND schools. He certainly has the gifts to make it true though.

I'm talking more in terms of projection. Hardin's size will hold him back more than being an fcs player. Potentially Golladay has way more nfl appeal.

I was really surprised my hardin's size when I first me him last summer. Even for his height he is very lightly built by football standards.

Just going by what we saw in the spring game, Golladay certainly has a ton of potential. He looked outstanding, albeit against our defense. Let's hope we see some highlights of him on ESPN!!!

I think thats a stretch until Williams is gone, since he is imo the best prospect since kleinsasser out of the ND schools. He certainly has the gifts to make it true though.

While we will all agree that Williams is one of the best at the FCS level, we are now talking about the NFL. I have an honest question for any Bison fans lurking on here: Has he ever gone against a top-flight FCS receiver or good FBS receiver, where it was a one-on-one battle and he showed he was better? The MVFC is not exactly known for its receivers so inturn he is better than the guy he is going against pretty much every game. Wondering if he has ever been challenged to where scouts can draw comparisons, etc.?

While we will all agree that Williams is one of the best at the FCS level, we are now talking about the NFL. I have an honest question for any Bison fans lurking on here: Has he ever gone against a top-flight FCS receiver or good FBS receiver, where it was a one-on-one battle and he showed he was better? The MVFC is not exactly known for its receivers so inturn he is better than the guy he is going against pretty much every game. Wondering if he has ever been challenged to where scouts can draw comparisons, etc.?

Does K-State have a big time receiver if so we will see what MWill is made of.

From the handful of times that I've watched him: He is very good at baiting QB's into making bad throws, which is how he gets many of his INT's, but it also has burned him and I'm not sure it is something he'll be able to rely on at the next level. I think his one-on-one skills are above average, but I've also saw him get beat on a few plays that surprised me. He also appears to be a poor tackler. When he has the ball in his hands, he is one of those guys that you get the feeling he is going to make something happen. I don't know what his speed or strength numbers are, he's going to need to have a good showing on his 40 time to move up in the draft.

He'll get drafted but not sure where. Trumaine Johnson from Montana is a recent FCS corner that was highly ranked going into the draft. He was picked 65th (2nd pick, 3rd round) even with some character issues. Johnson also has about 3-4" on Williams, which is a huge size difference at corner. I think Williams is more of a playmaker (returner ability) than Johnson is, so he has that advantage.

Those that have watched him play more can feel free to correct me.

Marcus Williams has been recognized the last two years and if he has a good season this fall, he'll definitely get drafted. Unfortunately, I don't think Hardin will get drafted. He drops too many passes and he is just too small. There is a premium put on CBs in the NFL; as a result, M. Williams will be drafted in 2014.

Golladay has big time potential, but it really is all speculation. M. Williams is more of a sure thing than Golladay presently.

Yeah I am shocked to even talk NFL about Golladay right now. He is going to be a sophomore and to be honest was not that successful as a freshman. Sure he has the height for it but he definitely doesn't have the size for it. He's a toothpick. That all could change beings he is only a sophomore but I think we should hold back our expectations of him. I really do hope he ends up being an NFL draft pick but it is way too early right now.

Yeah I am shocked to even talk NFL about Golladay right now. He is going to be a sophomore and to be honest was not that successful as a freshman. Sure he has the height for it but he definitely doesn't have the size for it. He's a toothpick. That all could change beings he is only a sophomore but I think we should hold back our expectations of him. I really do hope he ends up being an NFL draft pick but it is way too early right now.

WR is a tough position when making transition from level to level and Golladay was at a pretty big disadvantage playing as a true freshman last year in that sense. At the spring game he looked a lot thicker than he did last year. Spring prospectus shows he put on 10lbs, I would have actually guessed a little bit more. I agree expectations should be held back, particularly the NFL stuff, but with him being so young and with what he showed last year as a raw freshman, adding in some experience along with the strength and speed he put on over the offseason he has the potential to be a special player. Hopefully he keeps working hard and fulfills that.

• Upvote 1

The dude has the most talent of any WR we've ever had. His hands are unreal and so is his body control. Those two characteristics are natural gifts. He's also damn near 6'5" and will probably be 210-220 lbs when he's a senior. He'll continue to get faster and better at running routes. He's going to do some very big things this next season.

Barring injury, academic, or eligibility issues, I feel Golladay will get selected in the draft by the time he is done. Prior to this season, I felt Hardin had a chance to be a 6th or 7th round pick, but after seeing that Kaufman had to go the free-agent route, I'm not so sure. Depends on what he does this season I suppose. I felt that Dressler could have gotten drafted, but I was wrong about that. Hardin is a similar player, but much better IMO.......................

The dude has the most talent of any WR we've ever had. His hands are unreal and so is his body control. Those two characteristics are natural gifts. He's also damn near 6'5" and will probably be 210-220 lbs when he's a senior. He'll continue to get faster and better at running routes. He's going to do some very big things this next season.

He reminds me of Marcus Colston.

I think he has to be at least 6'5". My buddy and I were by him one time and my friend is about 6'5" and was shorter than Golladay.

I think he has to be at least 6'5". My buddy and I were by him one time and my friend is about 6'5" and was shorter than Golladay.

Turns out your buddy isn't 6'5". It's funny how people shrink from high school to college and from college to the pros. Recruit Dan Bell was listed at 6'6" and mussman said he's about 6'3".

Only 7 BSC teams are on Root Sports....7!!! There are 13 teams in the conference at least have 2 different teams a week. They could have shown UND vs Montana State or EWU at UND.

Midco is probably going to make out real well on the Montana at UND game, as it will be able to sell rights elsewhere as it is non-conference game, Root isn't eligible to pick it up that game without paying Midco for the rights. UND vs Montana St probably gets picked up elsewhere too.

http://missoulian.com/sports/college/montana/football/griz-left-to-close-tv-gap-left-by-root/article_13dc04ce-b224-11e2-a6cc-001a4bcf887a.html