SiouxSports.com Forum

Goon

So your happy in the direction this staff is taking this team, we were bad defensively last year worse this year. I could care less about who or what they bring in as ling as they get the most from them. NHL draft picks or high school nobodies I just want them to play an upbeat style of hockey and be competitive.

• Upvote 1

It's all about hard work and determination - which we are not displaying this year yet. On the 4th goal we let the D man take 4 strides in from the blue line without anyone coming up to challenge him - "LAZY". And how many times last night did we watch one of our own just lackluster his stick at the opponent? No Body, No physicality, just laziness. This team needs to step up, and step up fast!

It's all about hard work and determination - which we are not displaying this year yet. On the 4th goal we let the D man take 4 strides in from the blue line without anyone coming up to challenge him - "LAZY". And how many times last night did we watch one of our own just lackluster his stick at the opponent? No Body, No physicality, just laziness. This team needs to step up, and step up fast!

Goes back to my favorite saying. Hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard. Last night was a perfect example only the Sioux were the talent that didn't work hard.

How did Team USA manage to win the 1980 gold medal with that Eruzione slug and an NHL back-up goalie on the team? Throwing 14 NHL draft picks into the line-up is no sure-thing. How did Kentucky's vaunted freshman do last year in hoops? That's right...first-round tournament loss. Not in the NCAA's...the NIT.

What did the vaunted Kentucky team do the year before that?

How has history and tradition worked out for Notre Dame football since about 1988?

Yale hockey has a history of pride and tradition. A lack of titles doesn't make those meaningless.

Notre dame was in the national championship game last year.

So your happy in the direction this staff is taking this team, we were bad defensively last year worse this year. I could care less about who or what they bring in as long as they get the most from them. NHL draft picks or high school nobodies I just want them to play an upbeat style of hockey and be competitive.

So if I still support Hakstol, despite wanting some tweaks made, I am automatically labeled as 'happy' with the season? Talk about dealing in absolutes...

What did the vaunted Kentucky team do the year before that?

One bunch of five star recruits wins an NCAA title...the next bunch loses in the 1st round of the NIT. What's your point, that John Calipari apparently lost his coaching mind in one season?

Notre dame was in the national championship game last year.

Yes, Notre Dame was in the title game last year...thanks to a bogus call in the Pitt game, another one vs Stanford, and the too-good-to-be-true story of their linebacker. That's it.

So Duluth has the same tradition and history as UND, building a new building doesn't give you that. North Dakota has lots of advantages other programs wish they had.

Did I say that UMD and UND have the 'same' tradition? I did not.

So, on one hand, UND has the Ralph, which is a huge recruiting tool. On the other hand, UMD has a shiny new $80 million arena, which doesn't do the Bulldogs any good. Huh?

One bunch of five star recruits wins an NCAA title...the next bunch loses in the 1st round of the NIT. What's your point, that John Calipari apparently lost his coaching mind in one season?

Top recruit in nation busted his leg in half halfway through the season so little tough to judge that at all. This years class is vaunted. People with bball knowledge knew last year wouldn't be as rosey as the previous title year.

I'm sure Hak of all people knows he needs to win a natty sooner than later. But for fans to be frusterated is warranted. They have stunk so far this season

This team isn't any good right now. Either he missed on a handful or for whatever reason their system is not working. Last night showed with effort which usually isn't a issue at UND no matter what type of talent they bring in. Could be a long season if they can't adjust to what they have in personel

• Upvote 1

Sounds similar to the debate going on within the Nebraska football camp. Pelini has had, what, six consecutive seasons where they haven't lost more than 4 games, something many other football programs would kill for but is considered unsatisfactory for Husker fans based on what they're accustomed to in their storied past.

• Upvote 1

Did I say that UMD and UND have the 'same' tradition? I did not.

So, on one hand, UND has the Ralph, which is a huge recruiting tool. On the other hand, UMD has a shiny new $80 million arena, which doesn't do the Bulldogs any good. Huh?

not in so many words but you always use Sandelins record compared to Hakstol's. Level playing field Sandelin wins with The recruits Hakstol. Has had and maybe a Natty or two. He seems to adjust his style to who he is playing and against Michigan his team didn't come out flat. Hakstol has to look in the mirror and maybe adjust things, style, assist. Coaches and maybe recruiting.

Watched a few UNO games on tv, went to one of the UNO/DU games a few weeks back, and will see them again next week down in the Springs. My observation is that the Mavericks look a lot like the late 90's/early 2000's version of the Sioux-high tempo, puck pursuit, skilled yet not afraid to hit you in the mouth type hockey. I suppose this should come as no surprise but it just appears that UNO plays more of an emotional style than UND's more systems-oriented game.

Calipari was also very vocal about how over rated he thought his team was. He said they weren't anywhere near as mature or tough as his previous class that won it all as fr.