SiouxSports.com Forum

Goon

Not calling anybody out, but a pretty simple life lesson. It has been my experience that the wealthiest people in the room- well, you'd never know it, and they'd never say it. They certainly don t count it by the hour, it is by the transaction and by the year.

The financiers always wear nicer suits than the guys that they're making 4 percent on

Not calling anybody out, but a pretty simple life lesson. It has been my experience that the wealthiest people in the room- well, you'd never know it, and they'd never say it. They certainly don t count it by the hour, it is by the transaction and by the year.

The financiers always wear nicer suits than the guys that they're making 4 percent on

My dad told me a story a while back about this very thing that happened near Hatton back in the day. A young cocky farmer just sold some land and had a TON of cash on him. He bursts in the door of the bar and loudly boasts that he'll guarantee he's got more money on him than anyone in the bar. The guy kept on boasting about until an older farmer stepped up and told him to put his money where his mouth is. Young buck pulls out his cash and old timer proceeds to pull out thousand after thousand until young buck was firmly put in his place. Old timer didn't need to say much and went back to his table while young buck learned a valuable lesson.

Just wait until Omaha wins the conference tile...this thread will hae one doozies.

If memory serves me right, the 1997 team won the MacNaughton Cup, Broadmoor Trophy, and NCAA title after being picked to finish 7th in the conference in the pre-season poll.

Where was UNO picked to finish in the NCHC this season?

Reminds me of a phrase I learned from my grandpa: "Big hat, no cattle". His explanation was the ranchers who owned the most and had the most never went around flaunting it with new clothes or new cars or big hats.

Dave

It was Hakstol's fault that Russ Romaniuk and Jason Herter left school and went pro the day after the pre-season poll came out...and had UND ranked #1 by a bullet. Had Hakstol kept those two in school, REA would have 8 banners and not 7.

We can play that game all day. For instance, had half our team not left in 1980 for the Olympics than we would have 6 and UND would have 6. :)

I watched most of the game on Saturday and something stuck out to me the most...the best chances for the Sioux came when our forwards carried the puck into their zone and created space. We were summarily rejected most of the time when we dumped and chased it...it was like taking energy out of our team when they would hustle down into the corners for the puck on the dump and then in 2 seconds the puck is travelling 30 mph out of the zone and they are playing catch up. Additionally, it doesn't seem like we have a big enough of a guy to sit front and center and take the beating when in their zone. The defense has some problems as well, especially when they have to change assignments...multiple times during the game the BU forward cuts across the net without the puck and set up a 'tent' on the corner with the defenseman not paying attention - maybe its the youth and lack of attention to the system, but this is going to keep killing us in games, especially close ones. Lastly, I thought we were going to be a fast team, but I'm having to change my mind right now - only players with real scary speed are Grimaldi and maybe cagguila...