SiouxSports.com Forum

Goon

We can play that game all day. For instance, had half our team not left in 1980 for the Olympics than we would have 6 and UND would have 6. :)

Nowhere on here does it say the games were played Feb 22nd 1980?

1980 NCAA Tournament

FIRST ROUND

March 22 SEMIFINALS

March 27-28 CHAMPIONSHIP

March 29

NATIONAL CHAMPION

1-Cornell 2-Minnesota Northern Mich., 5-4 Minneapolis Northern Mich., 4-3 3-Northern Mich. Frozen Four North Dakota, 5-2 Providence, RI 1-North Dakota North Dakota, 4-1 2-Dartmouth THIRD PLACE Dartmouth, 8-4

Nowhere on here does it say the games were played Feb 22nd 1980?

1980 NCAA Tournament

FIRST ROUND

March 22 SEMIFINALS

March 27-28 CHAMPIONSHIP

March 29

NATIONAL CHAMPION

1-Cornell 2-Minnesota Northern Mich., 5-4 Minneapolis Northern Mich., 4-3 3-Northern Mich. Frozen Four North Dakota, 5-2 Providence, RI 1-North Dakota North Dakota, 4-1 2-Dartmouth THIRD PLACE Dartmouth, 8-4

You may be confused. Back then college players left their teams for the entire season when they were in the Olympics.

We can play that game all day. For instance, had half our team not left in 1980 for the Olympics than we would have 6 and UND would have 6. :)

My blaming Dave Hakstol for Jason Herter and Russ Romaniuk leaving school early was meant entirely in jest. Or maybe you haven't been paying attention to the 'blame everything on Hakstol' for the better part of the past 10 pages of this thread by a certain poster who shall remain nameless.

My blaming Dave Hakstol for Jason Herter and Russ Romaniuk leaving school early was meant entirely in jest. Or maybe you haven't been paying attention to the 'blame everything on Hakstol' for the better part of the past 10 pages of this thread by a certain poster who shall remain nameless.

yep I was kidding as well.

I take it you haven't watched Miracle.

And all those people that say they watched it live in Minneapolis are full of sh*t. The game was not live on American TV. It was live on either the CBC or CKY. Which at the time Grand Forks had both of. So better words people in GF watched it live but not Minneapolis.

Wasn't it the Boston guys that did everything?

Marc Johnson (Wisco), a few BU guys Ken Morrow (stud defense, don't know where he played), Eruzione (captain, BU), Christian (UND) changing to D, those were the most important players on the Olympic team. Several MN guys also, which is why Gopher fans like to pull a Bison and claim a paper NCAA championship that the Sioux won.

Marc Johnson (Wisco), a few BU guys Ken Morrow (stud defense, don't know where he played), Eruzione (captain, BU), Christian (UND) changing to D, those were the most important players on the Olympic team. Several MN guys also, which is why Gopher fans like to pull a Bison and claim a paper NCAA championship that the Sioux won.

I think Morrow was from Bowling Green.

Ken Morrow was indeed a Bowling Green Falcon before his Olympic experience. He then had a pretty lengthy NHL career with the NY Islanders.

I remember him more for his days as an Islander during the Bossy and co. dynasty.