SiouxSports.com Forum

NORTH DAKOTA vs YALE - Sat GAMEDAY 3pm

AZSIOUX

Love the Sioux, but St Cloud, won the WCHA and beat the hell out of Notre Dame ... they deserve to keep playing. Sioux beat themselves with poor D and missed opportunities today. As for Hakstol, his number speak for themselves. I would be thrilled if this guys recruits and coaches for UND for another 15-20 years. Fan have been pampered by this guy, and don't realize how bad it could be with anyone else. We have been lucky enough to watch post season hockey for the last 9 years. 5 Frozen Fours, One title game. I'll take it, the championship will come...

I'm so tired of hearing year after year that the championships will come that I could puke

My thoughts. Three things kept us from moving on. Probably tops on my list is no secondary scoring. Kristo, Knight and nothing else. Probably most disappointed by Rowney, Parks, Mac line. Generated some chances but we really got nothing. Second is the anemic pp. In a tournament where the games are usually a lot tighter, special teams are doubly important. Finally, too many penalties. By the last 10 minutes too many of our key guys were gassed.

Boston college got smoked, minny lost to Yale paving our path to the frozen four. Not the best team we've had but this easily could have been the year.

2011 should've been the year, 2013 was lining up to be a good chance...tough losses to swallow.

Outplayed Michigan badly in 2011 but couldn't put one in, hit 2 or 3 pipes in that game too, then today have a goal called off and hit 4 more pipes...starting to wonder if there is a Bambino Curse at work or something.

Just draining in the end.

Quote by IBBGW

2011 should've been the year, 2013 was lining up to be a good chance...tough losses to swallow.

Outplayed Michigan badly in 2011 but couldn't put one in, hit 2 or 3 pipes in that game too, then today have a goal called off and hit 4 more pipes...starting to wonder if there is a Bambino Curse at work or something.

Just draining in the end. End Quote

Hmm, curse of the new Ralph maybe? I do wonder? Nope, althogh it's really staring to seem that way. The culprit this last game was too many silly penalties the second half of game and, as usual this year, no secondary scoring and the defensive lapses.

Boston college got smoked, minny lost to Yale paving our path to the frozen four. Not the best team we've had but this easily could have been the year.

Yep.

UMN, Denver, BC...all gone from the tourney. A win against Yale puts us in a game against Lowell to reach the Title game.

That hurts.

This team was hard to pinpoint all season. There was always something...missing. Don't get me wrong, there were times when they were fun to watch, but the consistency was never there. In all facets of the game really. Inconsistent goaltending (amazing save, then a softie), inconsistent effort (couldn't sweep an opponent), and definitely inconsistent scoring.

I know that due to those inconsistencies that the odds of this being a title team weren't the greatest, but I still think that they had it in them to do it. Especially with how the bracket played out. In the end, a few less post shots this year (I think we won the National Title for post shot count this year, by far) and we might be talking about Pittsburgh instead of focusing on...next season.

Jekyll and Hyde, play great one game and pee down your leg the next. Yale had a plan and it worked, typical Hakstol stern faced and unable or unwilling to try to change. Yale broke out of the zone easily but we struggle with six drafted defenseman to even get it out of the zone. Putting it hard off the glass and giving up possession is not the way to put pressure on the other team only your own. I think someone said earlier that Hakstol would be a great CEO that sounds about right, puts a great team together but can't manage them in game situations. He is a great recruiter and judge of talent bleeds green through and through but something is missing in his game generalship.

And on another note-----we haven't really been the same team once we had our logo stripped from our jerseys. Look at last year at this time! Same result this year. Fighting Sioux Forever!

Last year at this time we were also playing on fumes with 15 skaters or something and that is tough to judge. You still hear the players refer to it and I think there is still a lot of pride there and I would bet it is talked about quite a bit in the lockerroom about what it means to be part of the Fighting Sioux hockey program.

Niagara, Yale, Lowell, Title Game not against BC........#8 was ripe for the picking this year.

You posters who think Lowell is a push-over know JACK SQUAT about college hockey.

And passit_offthegoalie, that Buddhist monk burned himself alive to protest the South Vietnamese government's treatment of Buddhists by the pro-Catholic president of the Republic of Vietnam. For you to use that image in a weak attempt at humor is nothing short of disgraceful.

• Upvote 3

No, leave it up. I think everybody who has anything to do with the program should have to look at it every day until next season. Bitter reminder.

Do we have to look at the 4~1 score on sioux sports homepage for several months now? Seriously take that sheeet off