SiouxSports.com Forum

NORTH DAKOTA vs YALE - Sat GAMEDAY 3pm

AZSIOUX

Agree...Lowell looked good

I always pick the Sioux to win it in the brackets game on here but in the one where I put money down I have Lowell winning it all. They are playing lights out right now and if some folks can't see that then they are blind.

And on another note-----we haven't really been the same team once we had our logo stripped from our jerseys. Look at last year at this time! Same result this year. Fighting Sioux Forever!

With all due respect to our awesome former logos and nickname, they mean nothing without amazing hockey and football teams that played smash mouth stomp on your throat take on all comers style with all out effort and the type of heart that can make up for a gap in talent. 'Sioux hockey' has nothing to do with a nickname. It's a culture that the nickname was associated with. The nickname was special no doubt but it was the pride of the players and work ethic that won games not a cartoon or a nickname. Time to stop that excuse and all others.

Yesterday was obviously unacceptable but so was half of this season. It's on the players and a little on the coaches. There are a lot of guys that need to grow up ( mark McMillan) and play sioux hockey all year instead of one day a week two weekends a year. The guys on the team with grit didn't have enough skill and the guys with enough skill didn't have enough grit with the exception of a few players. It's on them to fix it before next year or they'll end up like Bochenskis fr year.

Hockey East regular season champion...Hockey East playoff champion...I have seen them play 4-5 times this season and each time I have come away more impressed than the last time I saw them.

UMass Lowell is the real deal and If I had to bet they will be the NCAA champion this year.

As a former history teacher I am absolutely appalled as to what has been posted. This is college hockey folks. This is a game. None of us are oppressed to the point where our lives are forever altered by what a hockey coach has done. The Buddhist Monk post is just unacceptable......

Unreal....just unreal.

• Upvote 3

I won't get too up in arms about the self immolation post...folks are venting. If anyone is really serious, then they need some other activities to occupy their time.

We're all bummed out. I think we all recognize that we've missed some opportunities and next year isn't looking the most promising.

Yale is a good team. They executed their game plan and adjusted. We did not execute and did not make the needed adjustments. We couldn't connect a pass with flow, we lost a lot of battles, and we had no powerplay. We took some bad penalties too.

We saw some flashes, but couldn't keep it up. We looked like we had weights in our skates.

I might pop on from time to time over the next few months, but I'll be back again in October...who knows...we might overachieve next year.

We were all Yale'd within about 26 hours. One week after both teams were CC'd haha.

Minnesota just flat out didn't show up the first 2 periods, with the exception of a couple players. Probably the 2 worst periods of the 2nd half of the season. They showed up for one period and almost won it in regulation before losing because of a player that was still sleeping

UND showed up right away and then seemed to fall asleep or something. I know UND wasn't an overall great team this year, but it was weird to see that from a team that's still been good. Next year will be interesting for you guys because Kristo and Knight were HUGE leaders for the team and are, in my opinion, the reason UND was in the NCAA tournament. Just curious as to who you guys think will step up next year to try and replace that leadership spot?

I believe that was one of Minnesota's biggest downfalls this year. They didn't really have anyone that was a team leader.

We were all Yale'd within about 26 hours. One week after both teams were CC'd haha.

Minnesota just flat out didn't show up the first 2 periods, with the exception of a couple players. Probably the 2 worst periods of the 2nd half of the season. They showed up for one period and almost won it in regulation before losing because of a player that was still sleeping

UND showed up right away and then seemed to fall asleep or something. I know UND wasn't an overall great team this year, but it was weird to see that from a team that's still been good. Next year will be interesting for you guys because Kristo and Knight were HUGE leaders for the team and are, in my opinion, the reason UND was in the NCAA tournament. Just curious as to who you guys think will step up next year to try and replace that leadership spot?

I believe that was one of Minnesota's biggest downfalls this year. They didn't really have anyone that was a team leader.

This is a huge question for next year, and IMO, the answer will determine whether UND will make the NCAA's next year or not.

I think a guy like Mark MacMillan could step up, and Dillon Simpson will have to lead on defense. I am preparing for the worst and assuming Forbort turns pro.

You posters who think Lowell is a push-over know JACK SQUAT about college hockey.

And passit_offthegoalie, that Buddhist monk burned himself alive to protest the South Vietnamese government's treatment of Buddhists by the pro-Catholic president of the Republic of Vietnam. For you to use that image in a weak attempt at humor is nothing short of disgraceful.

I watched Lowell play several times this year. we would beat them.......3 or 4 out of 10

I never see white between the puck and the line, so IMO it never crossed the line completely on the initial shot. It never fully crossed until the net was knocked off in the big collision with the goalie. I think they made the right call, but their reasoning was questionable.

• Upvote 2

I never see white between the puck and the line, so IMO it never crossed the line completely on the initial shot. It never fully crossed until the net was knocked off in the big collision with the goalie. I think they made the right call, but their reasoning was questionable.

I have been called a homer and a toadie, so I will wear that hat with pride :) . I think the puck in on end and is in. But that's me. :) How does that sound? :)

They had to come up with some type of excuse. I don't think it was a goal, but I don't buy the goalie getting knocked into the net.

Edited by Goon

I have been called a homer and a toadie, so I will wear that hat with pride :) . I think the puck in on end and is in. But that's me. :) How does that sound? :)

in my opinion the call should have stood as the evidence wasn't conclusive. now if the original would have been no goal then the correct call was made.

I am sure that they blew it up and freeze framed it. If you can't discern any white between the red goal line and the puck, then it's no goal. If that was the explanation, I would respect that. Instead, they make up something about the goalie being pushed into the net?

in my opinion the call should have stood as the evidence wasn't conclusive. now if the original would have been no goal then the correct call was made.

I agree. Especially considering the net was knocked off by a Yale guy pusing us into it and the pick was kicked back in by a Yale guy. That could have completely changed the game. Hard to keep a momentum push after a 7 minute review. There should be a deffinate time limit on reviews.

I think the issue is "conclusive" evidence to overturn the call made on the ice... no way that was apparent on the TV replay/this video. Then to come up with their explanation to call it off compounds the issue. What's done is done but if "conclusive" is the key in overturning it they blew it. The goalie/net coming off explanation is "interpretative" at best.