SiouxSports.com Forum

2013 Early Departures

AZSIOUX

Not necessarily; but with their recent track record with commits, it probably doesn't bode well that he's headed for NTDP next year.

After being drafted, Evers said, "Thanks for all of the congratulations and the support. I can't wait to see how things play out in the next couple of years," which also doesn't bode well. It just sounds a little too non-committal for my taste.

He then said this though, "@CEvers97: Can't wait to be apart of UND in a few years. That's what I mean when I said "Can't wait for things to play out." #SorryForTheConfusion"

He then said this though, "@CEvers97: Can't wait to be apart of UND in a few years. That's what I mean when I said "Can't wait for things to play out." #SorryForTheConfusion"

Haha I totally missed that part! That makes me feel a lot better.

I wonder how many more it will take before DU realizes that they effed up big time by firing Gwoz?

Any guesses where Ausmus will end up? Too bad UND doesn't really have the room for him for next season (I believe he was slated to arrive on DU's campus this fall).

I wonder how many more it will take before DU realizes that they effed up big time by firing Gwoz?

Any guesses where Ausmus will end up? Too bad UND doesn't really have the room for him for next season (I believe he was slated to arrive on DU's campus this fall).

In another thread it was stated that he may end up at Duluth

Heisenberg had him as a 2014, but maybe he saw this as a chance to play right away somewhere.

Although I dislike Gwoz one cannot underscore what he did for the university of Denver. Question is antics all you want, question the personality, but the guy made Denver a hockey power in the country, and I'm not going to go out on a limb by saying that Denver probably now finishes on the bottom half of the new league.

You gotta be kidding--It was well known in the hockey world that if you were a defenseman and wanted to go to the NHL--you payed for the Sioux.

Because Lee developed so well here under Eades?? I stated Eades did well with defensive defensemen (Commie and Greene). The ncaa is no longer allowing us to develop defensive defensemen, so UND brought in a coach who is better at developing offensive defensemen. Wisconsin might have an argument to make with your statement about UND being the place to go for NHL defense prospects too.

Because Lee developed so well here under Eades?? I stated Eades did well with defensive defensemen (Commie and Greene). The ncaa is no longer allowing us to develop defensive defensemen, so UND brought in a coach who is better at developing offensive defensemen. Wisconsin might have an argument to make with your statement about UND being the place to go for NHL defense prospects too.

You may want to find different examples of definsive D-men under Eades, because I think Sandelin coached Commie and I think Berry coached Greene. I don't think Eades coached the D-men until Berry left and they hired Jackson to coach the forwards.

You may want to find different examples of definsive D-men under Eades, because I think Sandelin coached Commie and I think Berry coached Greene. I don't think Eades coached the D-men until Berry left and they hired Jackson to coach the forwards.

Ah my bad. Well I guess the development of D-men under Eades was even worse than I thought. Now the only one he can claim is Finley..... :crazy:

Is Minnesota losing another one? Jared Larson tweeted today thanking Gopher fans for the past three years and that it has been an honor to be a Gopher. He played in just four games this past season and did not score. He is a 6'2" 195 lb. forward that is listed as a sophomore. Maybe he is transferring somewhere else in an effort to get more playing time.

Is Minnesota losing another one? Jared Larson tweeted today thanking Gopher fans for the past three years and that it has been an honor to be a Gopher. He played in just four games this past season and did not score. He is a 6'2" 195 lb. forward that is listed as a sophomore. Maybe he is transferring somewhere else in an effort to get more playing time.

He's transferring. It was announced last week.

Since I didn't even know there was such thing as a Jared Larson, I'm thinking gopher fans won't be overly concerned with that one.

Even with some big losses I still think they win the big ten. Goalie back, have some experienced forwards back, and I think the recruiting class they have coming in is going to contribute right away. Plus they'll have three healthy Reillys. Which is way better than just two healthy Reillys.

Any word on where he's going to play?

No idea. Wouldn't be surprised to see him try and pick another local team if he wants to try play in Minnesota. He obviously won't be missed on the ice, but I'm glad he left in a classy way.