SiouxSports.com Forum

2013 Early Departures

AZSIOUX

Actaully you are wrong here...I've heard he is more of a players coach and that they don't necesarily have "hard" practices. I've heard this from very good sources. I'm not opposed to either coaching style, I simply wanted to inform you on this.

Not true! I have attended a fair number of practices over the last two seasons and to say that the practices aren’t hard is incorrect and inaccurate. They might have day’s that are “lighter” than others but the practices that I have witnessed; the boys got after it, and there was a lot of hard skating drills and I can tell you that for an hour and a half they didn’t stand around a lot and there wasn’t a lot of wasted movement. There also wasn’t a lot of fooling around, either.

Edited by Goon

Not true! I have attended a fair number of practices over the last two seasons and to say that the practices aren’t hard is incorrect and inaccurate. They might have day’s that are “lighter” than others but the practices that I have witnessed; the boys got after it, and there was a lot of hard skating drills and I can tell you that for an hour and a half they didn’t stand around a lot and there wasn’t a lot of wasted movement. There also wasn’t a lot of fooling around, either.

Ok....it's all up to interpretation. Sources I have actually played for him but I have never witnissed a practice so I truly don't know for sure. Either way I'm pro-Hak and I think he should remain our coach. I get pissed that they lose every year but it's sure fun to see the great players come through our program. We need a couple more studs though....besides Frattin (who is playing less and less) we haven't had an offensive presense in the NHL for some time. I'm guessing Brock should be called up at some point this year.

Most of us have been puzzled that he hasn't been called up yet.

His numbers are eye-popping but he has had 21 goals and is decent sized. If he doesn't get the call this year he will next year for sure. A first rounder always gets his shot. One thing Brock must work at is his passing (similar situation with Frattin) in tight spaces. Both have great shots but there are a lot of guys in the NHL with cannons. To me Brock seems like a guy who, once he makes it, will be around for a long time. Good blue collar work ethic....great skill.

Nice contract for Big MAC TRUCK...clearly the Leafs liked his physicality alot more than the WCHA referees.

He earned that over his 4 years for where he was drafted! Awesome job Mac. Not sure if we will see many more of the commies, macs and greene types if the game is continued to be called like it is.

You mean to tell me the footage in Through These Doors, joking around and coasting around the rink, isn't the way they practice...? :huh::lol:

You mean to tell me the footage in Through These Doors, joking around and coasting around the rink, isn't the way they practice...? :huh::lol:

go back about 4 years ago to november 2008, UND just came off a tie and a loss to duluth and essentially that week the main arena at the ralph was closed off, some kind of closed door practice or puckless practice or something along those lines occured. I'm pretty sure that they weren't a walk in the park.

You've got many different kinds of practices, and many different focuses within each practice.

No pucks usually meant bad news...conditioning and contact drills

pucks generally mean breakouts, odd-mans, and special teams

guys will work on individual skills outside of practice

I'd rather have the d play better d and produce fewer points. And also not have over rated players like Rowney clogging up a valuable spot on the second line.

I guess I don't want to be too harsh with somebody who was our best player down the stretch last year and still chose to come back for the love of the program when he could have easily jumped while his stock was at its highest.

You've got many different kinds of practices, and many different focuses within each practice.

No pucks usually meant bad news...conditioning and contact drills

pucks generally mean breakouts, odd-mans, and special teams

guys will work on individual skills outside of practice

Correct, different days mean different drills.

I guess I don't want to be too harsh with somebody who was our best player down the stretch last year and still chose to come back for the love of the program when he could have easily jumped while his stock was at its highest.

He had a few good games in a row but other than that was basically a below average player in Und history especially as far as second line players go

exactly, Rowney is not the reason this team isn't going to be in pittsburgh next week.

Doesn't look like good news on Forbort but not really unexpected. I'm sure he is gonna get good money but I can't imagine him seeing any NHL time next year and if thats the case no matter what player it was I would always rather see them go back to college.

Schlossman@SchlossmanGF7m

Source says Derek Forbort signing with Kings is imminent. Could happen as soon as today. Three-year deal.

He had a few good games in a row but other than that was basically a below average player in Und history especially as far as second line players go

Not sure I'd agree with this. He averaged 30 points his last 2 seasons as a second line player. I don't think you can expect a whole lot more than that from a second liner.