SiouxSports.com Forum

2013 Early Departures

AZSIOUX

what's the word on the walters kid from omaha. he had a stellar season and I think is undrafted. could he leave as a free agent?

Well, he was hammered in the bars in downtown Grand Forks this weekend. So chances are he's not going anywhere soon.

. Yeah, what's the deal Mafia, you got the day off?

It started off seeing if I could pull it off...and it worked for a while, LOL.

I'm starting to realize how hard it is to pull off 21,000+ posts like Goon. I've been posting all day and am only like 100 more where I was at 8:00 am!

And Duncan was older and had two absolute studs on his line to set him up. He was a very good college player has done nothing post college. Bjugs line mates were nowhere near as good and he will have a solid NHL career.

I don't disagree about Bjugs, but to say that Duncan has done NOTHING post college is pretty ridiculous. He was a solid AHL player (in fact I believe he lead his team in scoring at least one year) and has been a top scoring over in the European leagues. I know none of those leagues are the NHL.....but if you think that the NHL is the 'best' league in the world, than you have a pretty narrow view of hockey. Duncan is a different player than Bjugs, but every bit as talented, if not more given the physical differences between the two players.

To say Duncan has done nothing post college is silly. Ok, ya he isn't an NHL star...He has been very sucessful at both stops after UND, and was signed by the first club (Salzburg) who he first played with. I met him at a post practice skate in Portland in 2012 and he was excited to be back in the states...

I don't disagree about Bjugs, but to say that Duncan has done NOTHING post college is pretty ridiculous. He was a solid AHL player (in fact I believe he lead his team in scoring at least one year) and has been a top scoring over in the European leagues. I know none of those leagues are the NHL.....but if you think that the NHL is the 'best' league in the world, than you have a pretty narrow view of hockey. Duncan is a different player than Bjugs, but every bit as talented, if not more given the physical differences between the two players.

The NHL IS the best league in the world- where the most talented play. To say otherwise is obtuse. If you are getting at the other leagues not being "nothing" to quote the other poster, then I agree with you that they are more than "nothing".

NHL is where the most talented play. Then probably KHL, then probably a tie between the AHL and certain European Elite leagues- difference being where you are in your career...

• 2 weeks later...