SiouxSports.com Forum

NORTH DAKOTA vs. BEMIDJI STATE - Saturday SENIOR NIGHT

AZSIOUX

Agreed. Of course you're never going to get through to most of these blind sheep on here. They are the same people who didn't lose a wink of sleep when we lost in 04,07,or 11. When we lost to Michigan in our last FF, it was because they had such a "hot goalie". Nevermind the fact that Duluth went on to light up that "hot goalie" like a Xmas tree the next game.

It's hliarious how people that have expectations and get pissed when we don't live up to them or choke games away the way this squad so consistently does (how we give up a multiple goal lead against MN in the 3rd and people STILL weren't pissed off on here is still BEYOND me) get bashed the way they do. We haven't won a title in 13 years...and we're "supposed" to be one of the best programs in the country.

Ohh Ohh Ohh but we've BEEN close at least! Look at programs like Alaska Anchorage..or Tech...they'd LOVE to trade places with us! Nevermind the fact that the Gophers have 2 titles, Duluth and Wisco have one, BC has how many, etc, etc since we have. We need to focus on the WORST teams in the country and just be happy that we aren't them!

Teams under this regime choke in the big spot when something worthwhile is on the line. But the blind homers will give you a million reasons of why they lost and why it's justified that they did.

I will say this, it seems like some people on this board believe that winning the final five is more important than winning a nat title. I would trade a nat title for any of the last three FF championships.

• Upvote 1

I will say this, it seems like some people on this board believe that winning the final five is more important than winning a nat title. I would trade a nat title for any of the last three FF championships.

Agree. I would settle for a first-round exit in the WCHA tournament if it meant being in better position to win 4 in a row in the NCAAs.

• Upvote 1

I don't believe I've ever heard one person in this board say that or give that perception. Think about it. It's human nature to justify "reasons" for a favorite team (or anything) to fall short. No one wants to believe their team is not good enough. I'm quite sure our current staff and players understand that success is measured in nattys, not just Coach Eades. I'm pretty sure most people on this board understand it as well. I too would trade three Broadmoors for a natty, as would just about anyone on this board, I'm quite sure.

I think everyone would trade those. There's no way that FF championships are better than national titles. But for every program not named BC, national titles generally come few and far between. And while winning the FF certainly isn't 'everything', it also isn't 'nothing.' (Sorry for the double negative)

Didn't you guys know, when your a great, historic, and known for extreme talent hockey team, your not suppose to lose any game? I can't wait for that undefeated season so these "real fans" can be satisfied.......

Man I wish this nationally 6th ranked team and 2nd ranked conference team didn't suck so bad!!

• Upvote 1

Man I wish this nationally 6th ranked team and 2nd ranked conference team didn't suck so bad!!

That's a top ten post right there... if I run into you at the Final Five, let me know and I will buy you a diet coke, beer or what ever it is you drink, because you get it.

I don't think anyone would say that. But. I can say that I value the Mac a great deal, not because it's cool hardware but because if the Sioux win it that means I would have enjoyed watching extremely good hockey week in and week out for an entire season in the best conference in the country. Banners are nice, especially natties, but in my old age I've gotten more selfish in wanting to watch good hockey on many weekends than I care about the bragging rights that come from succeeding over two weekends, which, for fans, is what natties are mostly about. Not to diminish the thrill when the Sioux win one--it's great. But for example, I would not trade the pleasure of watching the DOT line for a year for a nattie. Would have been nice to have both, for sure, and a lot of fans would think that's crazy. But it's the game and the way it's played at the college level that is so great, not the numbers 7 or 8 or 9.

As long as it's more than 5, of course. :)

And that was the story of the game; the holding and stick take downs were so blatant that they went way beyond the old hooking/holding/interference that used to be allowed. There had to be double digit scoring chances eliminated by blatant uncalled penalties. Bemidji can beat or tie MN if they are allowed to do that next weekend, otherwise they will get blown out.

Surprised I haven't seen the sure goal Parks wraparound mentioned, when Walsh went outside the net, and ended up below the goal line on the wrong side of the net. Couldn't figure out how the net came off before Parks could score, but the replay showed that Walsh backed into it and knocked it off, it was more subtle than most of the holding and takedowns, but eliminated a goal nonetheless.

Can't blame the team for this one (can't even imagine how the effort from beginning to end is questioned :sad: ), they played hard and well. Wish they would have done one thing, when Bemidji had their long possession in the Sioux end, in the third and OT, wish the Sioux would have held/taken down Bemidji players to regain the puck (Bemidji did this constantly with no calls), maybe then the whistles would have been used. Now lets see two more games get called like this next weekend, both at Bemidji (but I bet it won't, and the Gophers will, and should, get more than 5 PP's if Bemidji resorts to holding and take downs). I certainly don't want to see it again in a Sioux game.

I'd like to see Bemidji again, with the game called like most are; doesn't look like that will happen however, best chance is Mich. Tech, followed by a Thursday game in St. Paul. Although major shifts will likely happen again next weekend, it too close not to.

Sh*tbreath and Toad Anderson can F*ck off!!! I'm sure that stuff will fly at the goofer game:/

In that case, I give up. not sure who we are flogging on with these facetious posts, but I'll give it up if you will :)

EDIT: CHN app had score backwards. CBSSN referring several times to Lowell's six-game win streak. They beat Merrimack 4-0 on Friday.

Looks like UMass-Lowell is your NCAA favorite!

That's a top ten post right there... if I run into you at the Final Five, let me know and I will buy you a diet coke, beer or what ever it is you drink, because you get it.

Lol, thanks Goon.....I'm not positive I know who you are (in person) but I will be there and I will be by the beer sales....lol

GO SIOUX!!

EDIT: CHN app had score backwards. CBSSN referring several times to Lowell's six-game win streak. They beat Merrimack 4-0 on Friday.

Looks like UMass-Lowell is your NCAA favorite!

Crap, and here I thought that everyone had a chance. May as well give up now.

While I can see that when running the what if scenarios, I can't get MN to lose 4 points to Bemidji and end up worse than a 6 seed, and another tweet states that MN needs 1 point to assure home ice? ???? ???

It would take a miracle (or disaster depending on your POV):

Minnesota would need to get swept by Bemidji

Denver would have to sweep UAA

UNO takes 4 points from Duluth

Wisconsin takes 3 points (4 works too) from SCSU

Mankato takes 3 points from UND

That gives us:

1. SCSU - 36 points (35 if Wisco takes 4)

2. Minnesota State - 34 Points

2. North Dakota - 34 Points

2. Wisconsin - 34 Points

2. UNO - 34 Points

6. Denver - 33 Points

6. Minnesota - 33 Points

The tiebreaker between Denver and Minnesota goes like this:

1) Conference Points - Tie

2) Head to Head - Tie (1-1-0)

3) Conference Wins - They would both have 14 (and identical 14-9-5 records)

4) They didn't play a four game series, so we skip goals allowed in series

5) Winning Margin in WCHA Play. Denver is currently at 0 (79 gf, 79 ga), while Minnesota is at +24 (85 gf, 61 ga). Theoretically, Denver could beat UAA say 8-0 and 10-0, while Minnesota gets beat say 5-1, 4-1. that would result in Denver having a +18 winning margin, while Minnesota would be +17. Thus, Minnesota would lose the tiebreaker and be on the road for the first round.

Chance of happening? Zero. But, the Gophers have yet to clinch.

Sorry if this was already answered. I briefly skimmed and didn't see anything.

going with 3 other guys who have enver been to a hockey game before. 2 from california and one from vegas... and we like to party

Hope it's different than the young obnoxious oil people drunks that have invaded NWND, but I'm not holding my breath. I'll give you guys a Washington for every Lincoln, before the Lincoln's get used. I'd think the Washington's work equally as well in the john.

It would take a miracle (or disaster depending on your POV):

Minnesota would need to get swept by Bemidji

Denver would have to sweep UAA

UNO takes 4 points from Duluth

Wisconsin takes 3 points (4 works too) from SCSU

Mankato takes 3 points from UND

That gives us:

1. SCSU - 36 points (35 if Wisco takes 4)

2. Minnesota State - 34 Points

2. North Dakota - 34 Points

2. Wisconsin - 34 Points

2. UNO - 34 Points

6. Denver - 33 Points

6. Minnesota - 33 Points

The tiebreaker between Denver and Minnesota goes like this:

1) Conference Points - Tie

2) Head to Head - Tie (1-1-0)

3) Conference Wins - They would both have 14 (and identical 14-9-5 records)

4) They didn't play a four game series, so we skip goals allowed in series

5) Winning Margin in WCHA Play. Denver is currently at 0 (79 gf, 79 ga), while Minnesota is at +24 (85 gf, 61 ga). Theoretically, Denver could beat UAA say 8-0 and 10-0, while Minnesota gets beat say 5-1, 4-1. that would result in Denver having a +18 winning margin, while Minnesota would be +17. Thus, Minnesota would lose the tiebreaker and be on the road for the first round.

Chance of happening? Zero. But, the Gophers have yet to clinch.

Sorry if this was already answered. I briefly skimmed and didn't see anything.

Thanks, couldn't find a way to get just Denver and MN tied for 6th.

Think it's time college hockey did something about chipping pucks out intentionally. Michigan did it to us in 2011. Bemidji did it repeatedly last night.

Agree X 100. I distinctly recall one Michigan player practically slap-shotting a puck from center ice up about 20 rows in the stands...still at center ice! If that's not delay-of-game, I don't know what is.

Think it's time college hockey did something about chipping pucks out intentionally. Michigan did it to us in 2011. Bimidji did it repeatedly last night.Trap,clog up the middle,chip it out,breaks up the flow. It's a penalty in the NHL. Intentional or not.

Agree 100% some buddies and I were talking about that a few weekends back.