SiouxSports.com Forum

NORTH DAKOTA vs. BEMIDJI STATE - Saturday SENIOR NIGHT

AZSIOUX

You said it better than I did. I am simply throwing out comments in disgust. BSU is terrible! Go check out their schedule and results. Actually go check our schedule and results...here are our sweeps: MTU (terrible team), Holy Cross (terrible team...at home), UNO (decent team, I thought they played well for once). 3 sweeps all year! Two teams are the worst in our division. Our team is better than that....

You realize that the #2 ranked Gophers have three sweeps all year too, right? Two of those were before the snow fell and the third was in January against Alaska-Anchorage!

You realize that the #2 ranked Gophers have three sweeps all year too, right? And two of those were before the snow fell!

No I didn't. They are #2 in the pairwise and should stay there. All in all, I thought we played poorly both nights in a very important, but easy, weekend. I didn't notice our first line a ton (they should have hit the stat sheet more) and it was senior night. The Mcn. Cup, the pairwise and senior night are all important reasons to go out and play hard. We're in March.

• Upvote 1

You said it better than I did. I am simply throwing out comments in disgust. BSU is terrible! Go check out their schedule and results.

...and yet they managed to take the current #1 team in Hockey East to overtime before losing...

No I didn't. They are #2 in the pairwise and should stay there. All in all, I thought we played poorly both night in a very important, but easy, weekend. I didn't notice our first line a ton (they should have hit the stat sheet more) and it was senior night. The Mcn. Cup, the pairwise and senior night are all important reasons to go out and play hard. We're in March.

This is my main concern about this team. It's March, we are fighting for playoff positioning and we lost one precious point to Bemidji at home. We better hope that the Beavers can pull off a one or two point weekend vs. Minnesota next week. It could happen, but I am not counting on it.

No I didn't. They are #2 in the pairwise and should stay there. All in all, I thought we played poorly both nights in a very important, but easy, weekend. I didn't notice our first line a ton (they should have hit the stat sheet more) and it was senior night. The Mcn. Cup, the pairwise and senior night are all important reasons to go out and play hard. We're in March.

And Bemidji should just roll over because the almighty Sioux are contending for the MacNaughton Cup?

Let me get this straight...Minnesota 3 sweeps and currently tied for 2nd = #2 in Pairwise and they should stay there. North Dakota 3 sweeps and currently tied for 2nd = players not playing hard enough?

HUH?

This is my main concern about this team. It's March, we are fighting for playoff positioning and we lost one precious point to Bemidji at home. We better hope that the Beavers can pull off a one or two point weekend vs. Minnesota next week. It could happen, but I am not counting on it.

Yeah....that tie was tough last night, especially because the rest of the nation (excluding the goofs) helped us out last night. They're just too inconsistent. On the plus side, Mark is looking like the player I thought he was going to be; I sure hope Parks picks it up. I thought he was going to be nice this year.

• Upvote 1

He is just pointing out that struggling to tie Bemidji State at home is unacceptable at this point in the season. Calling a spade a spade doesn't mean you "aren't a real fan". Honestly, the "ducky and bunny, sunshine and smiles" syndrome that has infected our hockey (and football) programs is sickening.

No it's not all sunshine. I was in attendance at the X for the Michigan debacle, and if someone would have cocked off, I probably would have went Jonesy rage blackout on them. I also recall being a dumbass and yelling some stupid sh-t towards the coaching staff I am not real proud of as I walked out. I completely understand. I want to see an 8th banner just as bad as the next guy. But probably not as bad as the coaches and players who sacrifice much to be a part of that program.

The point is if you are a fan, every once in a while you would post SOMETHING POSITIVE AND SUPPORTIVE. I challenge you to find one from that guy.

Go SIOUX!

Were you at the games in Grand Forks last night and Friday night?

I think there's only two teams that are going to finish about as high as they possibly could of...St Cloud and Mankato. Coming into this year, everyone wants to win the McNaughton, but I think a top three finish (if we pull it off) is a very good result for the team we had.

We had a goaltending situation coming in that hadn't proven anything.

A new coach was behind the bench.

Rocco was coming off what seemed to be a pretty bad knee situation.

Nelson left and lost some good leadership in Blood and Mario.

There were a ton of freshmen/sophomores last year that needed to take a big leap forward this year (and I feel many did).

All-in-all, the result likely won't be us winning the Cup like we all wanted, but finishing top three in an insanely tough conference is commendable...and we still have a solid shot at #8.

We better hope that the Beavers can pull off a one or two point weekend vs. Minnesota next week. It could happen, but I am not counting on it.

The Beavers took 3 of 4 from UMD and Denver this year at home including a 5-1 thumping of the Pioneers in a Saturday night game. It's not an impossibility...

No it's not all sunshine. I was in attendance at the X for the Michigan debacle, and if someone would have cocked off, I probably would have went Jonesy rage blackout on them. I also recall being a dumbass and yelling some stupid sh-t towards the coaching staff I am not real proud of as I walked out. I completely understand. I want to see an 8th banner just as bad as the next guy. But probably not as bad as the coaches and players who sacrifice much to be a part of that program.

The point is if you are a fan, every once in a while you would post SOMETHING POSITIVE AND SUPPORTIVE. I challenge you to find one from that guy.

Go SIOUX!

You going out and calling me a gopher fan is ridiculous....couldn't you think of something better to come up with than that? Yes, I am a tad pessimistic about this team, but I still do root for them. I know the season isn't over yet, but I have also been around the game long enough to see what happens when a team is inconsistent at the end of the year. They typically lose a heart breaker that they shouldn't have lost in the first place. Our last title was a long time ago and I believe we've had some teams that should/could have won one by now.

Degrees 1.

Not at either...watched Friday's game. My family was at both.

Okay. So you didn't watch Saturday and through the score you assume there was no effort? I agree. BSU is not a great team. But Minnesota won't beat them 10-1 both nights.

It was Denver. I was at the ND State Hockey Tournament that Saturday night and I was in the hospitality room in the loft of the old Ralph.

I could have sworn it was CC but your memory might be better than mine. I was at the 1997 Final Five and the Frozen Four a few weeks later...greatest two Sioux memories of my life.

• Upvote 1

Okay. So you didn't watch Saturday and through the score you assume there was no effort? I agree. BSU is not a great team. But Minnesota won't beat them 10-1 both nights.

my father knows hockey extremely well so when he tells me the team didn't play up to their potential and that they should have beaten a team....I believe him.

I could have sworn it was CC but your memory might be better than mine. I was at the 1997 Final Five and the Frozen Four a few weeks later...greatest two Sioux memories of my life.

That's the weekend I fell in love with Sioux hockey....I was like 12.

• Upvote 1

I think they'll win one game in the NCAA's and lose on a poor effort. I had real high hopes at the start of the season but this team comes to play very infrequently. They can hang with any team in the country....but they could always lose to any team in the country too. Watch, next weekend BSU won't come within 3 goals either night to the Goofs....at home. We had a chance to win the Cup and now it's almost 0% as MN will sweep BSU (bad). It's lapses like the Sioux have that will cost them a Nat'l title. They have the talent to win one....but no way they will. Not sure what the problem is....their loaded with talent.

Did I accidentally sign on to GPL? How can such a definitive, black and white statement like this be made? I'm assuming you spoke with Hak and the team last night and they decided to hang it up and call it a season since they tied. Please step off the ledge and join us in reality.

Random Person #1 - "Hey man, how did the Sioux look last night?"

Random Person #2 - "They played like crap."

Random Person #1 - "Oh, that sucks...did you go to the game or watch it on tv?"

Random Person #2 - "I didn't see the game at all."

:D:crazy:

BSU is not a great team. But Minnesota won't beat them 10-1 both nights.

Exactly. Some fans on this board went nuts after the home loss to St Cloud too. Why is it anyone not named Minnesota or Denver is treated like they should be playing with a skill level akin to that of the Bloomington Jefferson Squirt B team?

• Upvote 2

Random Person #1 - "Hey man, how did the Sioux look last night?"

Random Person #2 - "They played like crap."

Random Person #1 - "Oh, that sucks...did you go to the game or watch it on tv?"

Random Person #2 - "I didn't see the game at all."

:D:crazy:

Well, I was a both games this weekend and I think scpa0305 makes some good points.