SiouxSports.com Forum

NORTH DAKOTA vs. BEMIDJI STATE - Saturday SENIOR NIGHT

AZSIOUX

i thought und played good. considering how much obstruction bsu was doing, und did a pretty good job to try and overcome that. i may just be happy with a three way tie or finishing in 3rd place, if not 1st. if we finish in alone in second we would most likely play bsu and i dont want to play them again.

Are officials already predetermined who will officiate the Bemidji / Gopher series next weekend? Be very interesting to see how they call that series in Bemidji's arena, as far as the obstruction goes.

Haha that's as good as a loss....mcnaughton gone...we're getting shipped out east. Maybe we win one game. Hak has to get these kids to play. Super under achievers

Good grief man, step away from the ledge. Still one weekend of play left in the crazy WCHA race and you have the rest of the season mapped out.

BSU seems to have copied the playbook of UW. Just boring hockey to watch.

They sure did a good job of containing the Grimaldi/Knight/Kristo line...but a lot of that had to do with those three having a BSU player for a backpack most of the game.

Take care of business next weekend at MSUM and let the chips fall where they may in the WCHA race. Just hope we don't see BSU back here for the 1st round. Like others have said, we match up much better against MTU or UAA.

Thoughts:

-Bemidji had four chances and scored on two of them.

-Schmaltz was amazing

-Someone already said it. If the refs let it go......advantage Beavs.

While others are throwing the group under the bus I'd like to tip my cap to the seniors. Thanks guys for four great years.

Very much agreed you could see what this program means to these guys watching their faces during the video. The execution may have been sloopy at times but I don't see why some people are questioning guys effort level.

They sure did a good job of containing the Grimaldi/Knight/Kristo line...but a lot of that had to do with those three having a BSU player for a backpack most of the game.

Take care of business next weekend at MSUM and let the chips fall where they may in the WCHA race. Just hope we don't see BSU back here for the 1st round. Like others have said, we match up much better against MTU or UAA.

I'd take UAA first, but after that, I wouldn't mind playing Bemidji again. I think Kristo is ready to break out against them. Of course I thought that this weekend too!

With all the firepower on the squad, we really need to find ways to score. Bemidji was able to bind us up and we admittedly had some bad luck with posts and crossbars (as well as some missed open shots that are really inexcusable). When an opponent figures out a way to thwart you, you need to adapt, and I did not see much of that tonight. We will need to be able to adapt in post season play to move on.

Sure will be. Where you sitting?

Not sure yet...tickets haven't arrived yet for some reason. Guess the mail takes a long time to get to AZ.

We'll have to meet up sometime during the weekend. Maybe Brandon will be there too and we can have a Lake Agassiz reunion.

The Sioux have some faults in their mind-set about giving 100% for 60 min. 15 minutes against a bottom dweller isnt going to get you a win. Last regular season home game and they still havent learned. This game was a definite let down for the team and especially the seniors. Can only hope they realize this before playoffs.

What game were you watching? Cause I certainly don't think tonight showed a mere 15 minutes of 100% effort. Yes, there were some mistakes made. Yes, we all expected a sweep. But I didn't see a single Sioux player who wasn't busting his butt and trying to create opportunities and breakthrough some absurd levels of obstruction and holding. And, bottom dweller or not, I think tonight's tie was a better effort by the Sioux than the tie against the Gophers.

Not sure yet...tickets haven't arrived yet for some reason. Guess the mail takes a long time to get to AZ.

We'll have to meet up sometime during the weekend. Maybe Brandon will be there too and we can have a Lake Agassiz reunion.

Got ours the other day. Buddy in Litchfield has them. Haven't heard about Brando. You would think he'd make the last one.

What game were you watching? Cause I certainly don't think tonight showed a mere 15 minutes of 100% effort. Yes, there were some mistakes made. Yes, we all expected a sweep. But I didn't see a single Sioux player who wasn't busting his butt and trying to create opportunities and breakthrough some absurd levels of obstruction and holding. And, bottom dweller or not, I think tonight's tie was a better effort by the Sioux than the tie against the Gophers.

I guess it's all about how you interpret the game that was played in front of us. Maybe a more accurate way of describing tonite's game was that the boy's didn't impose their will on their opponents until the last ten minutes of the third period and the OT. Up to that point, Bemidji was controlling the flow of the game. And you are correct, scoring a goal and tying is a better effort than allowing a opponent two scores at the end of the game and tying us.

And that was the story of the game; the holding and stick take downs were so blatant that they went way beyond the old hooking/holding/interference that used to be allowed. There had to be double digit scoring chances eliminated by blatant uncalled penalties. Bemidji can beat or tie MN if they are allowed to do that next weekend, otherwise they will get blown out.

Surprised I haven't seen the sure goal Parks wraparound mentioned, when Walsh went outside the net, and ended up below the goal line on the wrong side of the net. Couldn't figure out how the net came off before Parks could score, but the replay showed that Walsh backed into it and knocked it off, it was more subtle than most of the holding and takedowns, but eliminated a goal nonetheless.

Can't blame the team for this one (can't even imagine how the effort from beginning to end is questioned :sad: ), they played hard and well. Wish they would have done one thing, when Bemidji had their long possession in the Sioux end, in the third and OT, wish the Sioux would have held/taken down Bemidji players to regain the puck (Bemidji did this constantly with no calls), maybe then the whistles would have been used. Now lets see two more games get called like this next weekend, both at Bemidji (but I bet it won't, and the Gophers will, and should, get more than 5 PP's if Bemidji resorts to holding and take downs). I certainly don't want to see it again in a Sioux game.

I'd like to see Bemidji again, with the game called like most are; doesn't look like that will happen however, best chance is Mich. Tech, followed by a Thursday game in St. Paul. Although major shifts will likely happen again next weekend, it too close not to.