SiouxSports.com Forum

Bracketology 2013

iluvdebbies

let's remember this is the NCAA we are thinking about and they would like to stick it to us anyway they can. this whole attenndence thing is overrated. do you actually think UND fans will show up in droves in grand rapids, I don't think so. they tend not to show up unless it is in reasonable driving distance of grand forks or minneapolis. I've been to regionals in the past where und's fanbase would be only pushing 200 or so and gopher fans are worse. that being said I just feel that no matter what happens we will be put in the region of death in grand rapids.

Keywords are "in theory." Will have to see if committee tries to use the bs false pretenses of "attendance" to keep BC in the east. Cause you know the NCAA doesn't like them having to travel too far for a regional.

Why would this not surprise me at all......

Keep the precious BC close to home and give the ol Sioux the high hard one again....

God I hope not but I trust the NCAA like a fishnet rubber.

I agree with Wodon's projections on CHN, except I see them keeping UND/Denver in the 8/9 match-up in Providence (as opposed to swapping Denver with Niagara). The rules allow them to keep a first-round conference match-up if the conference has 5 teams in the tournament, and this year we have 6. That being said, I think this is what we'll find out at 8:00 pm tonight:

Providence: 1. Quinnipiac vs. 16. Canisius / 8. North Dakota vs. 9. Denver

Grand Rapids: 2. Minnesota vs. 15. Yale / 6. Boston College vs. 11. Minnesota State

Manchester: 3. Mass.-Lowell vs. 14. Wisconsin / 7. New Hampshire vs. 10. Niagara

Toledo: 4. Notre Dame vs. 13. St. Cloud State / 5. Miami vs. 12. Union

who do we send emails to with nasty words on how they run this tournament anyways? Nothing should be based on possible attendance or who will make a tournament most interesting. Other than 1 seeds getting closest to home, everything else should be thrown out the window as far as making the brackets. Guys fight hard all year for this chance and for a room full of dbags to decide who plays who is simply wrong based on stupid characteristics such as attendance. And to keep hearing they need to keep Boston out east makes me throw up.

Quinnipiac's coach is on the committee- gotta believe he doesn't want to play BC in Providence.

Quinnipiac earned #1 and the right to have the #8 two seed as their biggest hurdle to the F4. Not a team tied for #5

Committee has historically tried to keep bracket integrity intact.

No way does UND play DU in the opener. DU and Niagara are tied in PWR