SiouxSports.com Forum

Bracketology 2013

iluvdebbies

moy always tries to play the attendance thing and it never really is much of an issue come selection time. in the past the committee has shown very little regard for attendance and if they did they would go back to having on campus sites be hosts. this week's bracketis heavy on the attendance like trying to get niagara to toledo, like those 8 fans they bring will make a difference.

No thanks on that one. Region of death.

So much for bracket integrity with those predictions, with a potential regional final of #2 Minnesota and #5 North Dakota. But I wouldn't doubt that the NCAA may try to stick us in the same regional.

Apparently he thinks they are going to avoid first round conference matchups at all costs. In my bracket i wasn't thrilled about a Denver vs Und first round matchup, but i was able to maintain decent bracket integrity and have teams in regionals that will help with attendance.

moy always tries to play the attendance thing and it never really is much of an issue come selection time. in the past the committee has shown very little regard for attendance and if they did they would go back to having on campus sites be hosts. this week's bracketis heavy on the attendance like trying to get niagara to toledo, like those 8 fans they bring will make a difference.

Come on, Niagara would bring 100, remember all of the players families and friends. ;)

Moys bracketclick here.

Not sure how he has Providence as the conference leader right now. UMass-Lowell wins the head to head matchup with them.

EDIT: Unlike the WCHA who uses head to head matchup as the first criteria....hockey east uses win% of head to head matchups of all teams tied. So Providence wins the tie breaker.

Not sure how he has Providence as the conference leader right now. UMass-Lowell wins the head to head matchup with them.

There's a 4-way tie for first in Hockey East:

Hockey East: Providence, based upon the first tiebreaker using percentage of head-to-head play: Providence (2-1-2) .600, Boston College (3-2-2) .570, New Hampshire (4-3-2) .550, Massachusetts-Lowell (2-5-0) .280

There's a 4-way tie for first in Hockey East:

and anyone who atually thinks providence will actually win the hockey east tournament is off their rocker. I guess one nice thing about this is that there still are 4 more weekends of play before the ACTUAL brackets are announced. I also find it funny how moy thinks it seems like a bigger issue for niagara to be in toledo than miami. he has made that reference about wanting niagara in toledo in several of his bracketology blogs. if I'm the ncaa I would want miami there over niagara.

• 3 weeks later...

This week’s brackets

Grand Rapids

16 Union vs. 2 Minnesota

10 Western Michigan vs. 6 Denver

Toledo

13 Niagara vs. 3 Miami

11 Yale vs. 5 North Dakota

Manchester

14 Rensselaer vs. 4 Massachusetts-Lowell

9 Minnesota State vs. 8 New Hampshire

Providence

15 Notre Dame vs. 1 Quinnipiac

12 St. Cloud State vs. 7 Boston College

You could end up with an All-WCHA Final Four

Read more: http://www.uscho.com...y#ixzz2Nc8zkw4K

Edited by Goon

This week’s brackets

Grand Rapids

16 Union vs. 2 Minnesota

10 Western Michigan vs. 6 Denver

Toledo

13 Niagara vs. 3 Miami

11 Yale vs. 5 North Dakota

Manchester

14 Rensselaer vs. 4 Massachusetts-Lowell

9 Minnesota State vs. 8 New Hampshire

Providence

15 Notre Dame vs. 1 Quinnipiac

12 St. Cloud State vs. 7 Boston College

You could end up with an All-WCHA Final Four

Read more: http://www.uscho.com...y#ixzz2Nc8zkw4K

This would be a great draw for the Sioux. Unfortunately, there's still quite a bit of hockey to play before the brackets are set.

• Upvote 1

Here's Moy's bracket for this week:

This week’s brackets

Grand Rapids

14 Western Michigan vs. 2 Minnesota

9 Notre Dame vs. 7 North Dakota

Toledo

13 Denver vs. 3 Miami

12 St. Cloud State vs. 5 Yale

Manchester

15 Union vs. 4 Boston College

10 Minnesota State vs. 8 New Hampshire

Providence

16 Wisconsin vs. 1 Quinnipiac

11 Niagara vs. 6 Massachusetts-Lowell

Read more: http://www.uscho.com/bracketology/2013/03/20/just-days-out-and-theres-quite-a-pack-on-the-bubble/#ixzz2O6ZUXOtm

This week’s brackets

Grand Rapids

Toledo

13 Denver vs. 3 Miami

Manchester

Providence

Read more: http://www.uscho.com.../#ixzz2O6ZUXOtm

that would really suck :sneaky:

This week’s brackets

Grand Rapids

Toledo

13 Denver vs. 3 Miami

Manchester

Providence

I wouldn't mind having Wisconsin's draw.

He's assuming WMU, Union, and Wisconsin in. Per Jim Dahl's analyses, the best of those has a 56% chance to be in.

Put in three different teams, or even just one different and reshuffle the order of 14-16, and those brackets change significantly.

He's assuming WMU, Union, and Wisconsin in. Per Jim Dahl's analyses, the best of those has a 56% chance to be in.

Put in three different teams, or even just one different and reshuffle the order of 14-16, and those brackets change significantly.

That's why he has this statement in his blog....."Bracketology assumes that the season has ended and there are no more games to be played. i.e., the NCAA tournament starts tomorrow".

Read more: http://www.uscho.com...y#ixzz2O6f050TI

This week’s brackets

Grand Rapids

Toledo

13 Denver vs. 3 Miami

Manchester

Providence

That would just about figure, BC would probably walk to the Championship game in this scenario.

I've run a bunch of scenarios, and I believe if we don't win the Broadmoor, we're all but guaranteed to end up in Grand Rapids with Minnesota. If we don't win 3 games this weekend, we'll probably end up as a low 2 seed, and with Minnesota guaranteed to be #2 in the PWR, that's the region we'll be sent to. Winning the Broadmoor would move us up to a high 2 seed or possibly a low 1 seed and avoid the Grand Rapids regional.

Who would be your Frozen Four teams if this was the actual bracket?

Probably BC, Quinnipiac (only because I don't like anybody else there to beat them), flip a coin in Toledo, and hopefully UND although I would give Minnesota a slight edge because that would probably mean they beat UND in the WCHA tourney also.

I wouldn't say that, B.C. hasn't been that good this year.

I'm not saying they're that good, I just don't see anybody on that side of the bracket who is that impressive and playoff tested. It would be a farce for BC to get that draw.

I've run a bunch of scenarios, and I believe if we don't win the Broadmoor, we're all but guaranteed to end up in Grand Rapids with Minnesota. If we don't win 3 games this weekend, we'll probably end up as a low 2 seed, and with Minnesota guaranteed to be #2 in the PWR, that's the region we'll be sent to. Winning the Broadmoor would move us up to a high 2 seed or possibly a low 1 seed and avoid the Grand Rapids regional.

I've come up with several where we win tomorrow and lose fri and don't end up with minny in grand rapids(most of the time facing UNH in manchester)

I've come up with several where we win tomorrow and lose fri and don't end up with minny in grand rapids(most of the time facing UNH in manchester)

I know what you are saying, but even if UND and New Hampshire end up in the #8 & #9 spots, I would bet money the committee ends up moving us to Grand Rapids while moving somebody else to Manchester with New Hampshire. If you look at Moy's bracketology today, he did the same thing with Notre Dame.