SiouxSports.com Forum

Bracketology 2013

iluvdebbies

When is the last time you saw a potential BC vs BU or BC vs UNH match-up in a regional final?

But North Dakota vs Denver or North Dakota vs Minnesota? You can take that one to the bank almost every year.

Must have been the year that the Sioux spanked them both to go to the Frozen Four :D

When is the last time you saw a potential BC vs BU or BC vs UNH match-up in a regional final?

But North Dakota vs Denver or North Dakota vs Minnesota? You can take that one to the bank almost every year.

in 2004,2005,2006,2007 bc was paired up with either bu or unh nothing since.

The WCHA should have been represented in all four regionals. And I wouldn't have minded seeing Notre Dame in Grand Rapids and Minnesota in Toledo to split up the CCHA schools.

*Note* I know that would never happen. Just Wilbur wishing for some bracket integrity and avoiding interconference match ups in regionals where it can be prevented.

No time to fact-check but I would bet a UND/Denver or Minny match-up has happened every year since 2005.

2006-yes, but holy cross took care of that

2007-yes, porter beats the gophs in ot

2008-yes but wisconsin took care of denver and miiny wa sout east

2009-no we were out east in manchester

2010-no yale debacle

2011-yes, beat du

2012-yes lost to minny

2013-und/minny on sat? ???

It might be time to get some new people on the selection committee, their East Coast bias is showing like a bad rash.

And why people defend their "attendance will be better" theory is beyond me. Is it right to base the college careers of the actual coaches and players on which game will bring in more money, or by actually placing them where they deserve to be based on the 40 games they grinded out during the season?

If that's how they want to play it, when they finally start their real FBS playoff down the road they should put Alabama, LSU, Florida and Georgia in the same bracket every year, and the "West" bracket should be Oregon, San Jose State, Stanford, and Utah State...because those are the games that will have local interest.

I was talking to a friend about this earlier and mentioned to him that the "West" regional is further East than the entire WCHA conference (who is only providing 6 of the 16 teams!). It is just ridiculous that it is a requirement that the regional sites are not allowed to be at campus sites.

I don't think that teams and fans from the East get how badly the teams out here get shafted with travel and thus fan support. Could you imagine the outcry from all of them if the regional sites were like this:

Northeast: Detroit

East: Grand Rapids

Midwest: Minneapolis

West: Denver

for even one year, yet this is pretty much what happens to the Western teams on a yearly basis?

No, no. To your time zone point, why not ...

Northeast: Chicago (host: Wisconsin)

East: Minneapolis (host: SCSU)

Midwest: Denver (host: USAFA)

West: San Jose (host: UAA/UAF)

No time to fact-check but I would bet a UND/Denver or Minny match-up has happened every year since 2005.

Not a coincidence. Since 2005 all WCHA Frozen Four a distinct pattern has emerged.

2006 - Gophs/UND slated to play in Regional Final.

2007 - Gophs/UND play in Regional Final.

2008 - UW/DU/UND stuffed into Madison Regional.

2009 - DU/UMD slated to play in West Regional.

2010 - UW/SCSU play in Regional Final.

2011 - UND/DU play in Regional Final.

2012 - UM/UND play in Regional Final.

It's a joke, but it's not just the WCHA. They have pitted all the conferences against themselves in regionals when given the opportunity.

Rather than understanding that 2005 was a fluke, they have over compensated to prevent it from happening again.

Everything was still cool in '99 when HE placed three in the Frozen Four.

I note with great interest that the NCAA basketball committee perhaps is not as worried if four teams from the same conference make the Final Four. For with a glance at the brackets of the Sweet 16 one can readily see it's now possible for Michigan State, Ohio State, Michigan and Indiana all to earn spots in the Final Four.

I wonder who is more upset, us being in minnesota's region or minnesota having to go through us?

I'm sure they're not happy either, these rivalry games you can pretty much throw the records out the window.

Can't worry about them now, just have to concentrate on Niagara and see who comes next. And if it's Minnesota, we all figured we would have to beat them somewhere, so it might as well be sooner than later.

If you CAN'T make mass, text me at 12:15 pm as I'm driving by the Lutheran church on the way home from Catholic mass and I'll run inside and put ANOTHER $5 spot in their collection basket with a sticky note attached to it reading 'GO IRISH' and your name on it.

Gotta make sure all bases are covered, right?

this obviously worked in getting notre dame to win, can you stop by a couple of churches on friday morning and do the same to help us and yale win? :)

I'm sure they're not happy either, these rivalry games you can pretty much throw the records out the window.

Can't worry about them now, just have to concentrate on Niagara and see who comes next. And if it's Minnesota, we all figured we would have to beat them somewhere, so it might as well be sooner than later.

--- I work with a bunch of gopher fans and they arent thrilled about having to play the Sioux either. It would be different if they were meeting in the Frozen Four and the winner was going to the championship game.

this obviously worked in getting notre dame to win, can you stop by a couple of churches on friday morning and do the same to help us and yale win? :)

I left the friendly confines of the TC's for a spring break visit to the parents' house in SW ND. Sitting at a truck stop just outside Mandan right now but should be able to swing by the Ukrainian Catholic Church in Fairfield on Friday am on the way back home.

If nothing else, I'll spot mom $5 and tell her to drop it in the 'special intentions' box at St Bernard's in Belfield.