SiouxSports.com Forum

Bracketology 2013

iluvdebbies

Why do they even seed the teams? I understand the teams that have to be put in the spot they are if they're hosting, but the rest is just this team here this team there because attendance will be better. It seems like all Moy does is put teams where he thinks the best attendance would be for that team and not putting 1vs16 and down the line. IMO as long as you're one of the 16 teams in, in don't much matter what your seed is.

Why do they even seed the teams? I understand the teams that have to be put in the spot they are if they're hosting, but the rest is just this team here this team there because attendance will be better. It seems like all Moy does is put teams where he thinks the best attendance would be for that team and not putting 1vs16 and down the line. IMO as long as you're one of the 16 teams in, in don't much matter what your seed is.

Perhaps someone else can explain this better, but they try to remain as true to the seeding as possible. They try to avoid inter-conference match-ups for the first game and then do some maneuvering for attendance.

Perhaps someone else can explain this better, but they try to remain as true to the seeding as possible. They try to avoid inter-conference match-ups for the first game and then do some maneuvering for attendance.

I realize that. Take the last bracket for example. Why put us against Notre Dame. Why not Niagra and beef up that cake walk for Wisconsin if they were to get in in that spot

I realize that. Take the last bracket for example. Why put us against Notre Dame. Why not Niagra and beef up that cake walk for Wisconsin if they were to get in in that spot

i would have to read what Moy's posted to understand his reasoning. It could be any variety of reasons. He used to explain his thought process, but he might not anymore.

My shot if the following conference champs play out: Union, BU, CC, MI, Mercyherst:

Manchester:

Quinnipiac vs Mercyherst

UNH* vs DU

* swapped with Notre Dame for hosting purposes

Toledo:

Miami vs BU

UND** vs Union

**UND and BC swapped for attendance reasons in Providence

Providence:

Lowell vs CC

BC** vs Niagara

Grand Rapids:

Minnesota vs Michigan

Notre Dame vs MSU-Mankato

My shot if the following conference champs play out: Union, BU, CC, MI, Mercyherst:

Manchester:

Quinnipiac vs Mercyherst

UNH* vs DU

* swapped with Notre Dame for hosting purposes

Toledo:

Miami vs BU

UND** vs Union

**UND and BC swapped for attendance reasons in Providence

Providence:

Lowell vs CC

BC** vs Niagara

Grand Rapids:

Minnesota vs Michigan

Notre Dame vs MSU-Mankato

CC and UW have zero chance of making the Regionals?

CC and UW have zero chance of making the Regionals?

UW had a slim chance at an at-large spot if mostly favorites won in the conference tournaments this week. Since there were so many upsets, the winner tonight is in and the loser goes home. The upsets also mean that St. Cloud State is on the bubble. They need the higher ranked teams to win the rest of the weekend, especially in the CCHA tournament.

SCSU to 13...

On the edge of the bubble....

Michigan and BU are big time enemies for Bobby's biker gang...referencing their haircuts

It may come down to Michigan. If Michigan is in, it looks like St. Cloud is out. If Michigan doesn't win the CCHA, St. Cloud has a pretty good chance. I even ran a scenario where St. Cloud is in, but Mankato gets knocked out.

I was curious how SCSU could win the WCHA and barely make the tournament. Then I looked at their non conference schedule: 0-2 vs New Hampshire, 2-0 v Alabama Huntsville, 1-1 vs Rensselaer, 0-2 vs Northern Michigan. That is absolutely horrible. It really goes to show how important those non conference games are in the pairwise.

It may come down to Michigan. If Michigan is in, it looks like St. Cloud is out. If Michigan doesn't win the CCHA, St. Cloud has a pretty good chance. I even ran a scenario where St. Cloud is in, but Mankato gets knocked out.

I think St. Cloud is in as long as BOTH Michigan and BU don't win their tournaments. I ran a scenario where Michigan won but BU lost and that had SCSU in.

Interestingly, based on Jim's mid-Saturday update, MN is locked into #2 overall, and UNH is locked into #7. Bracket integrity would have them in the same regional, but MN will be in a Western regional, while UNH hosts an Eastern regional.

Also according to Jim's post, UND will either be #6 or #8 overall. The need to resolve the 2/7 dilemma will give the committee the cover it needs to move teams wherever they'd like. It looks like UND's seed is dependent on Notre Dame. If the other ND loses, they will be 8 and the Sioux will be 6. If the Irish win, the Sioux are 8, and 6 will be either BC or Lowell. It seems possible that it will simply not matter whether UND is 6 or 8, as they are both equally switchable with UNH at 7.

I think MI wins I'm not sold on BU ... both punch their ticket with a win ... I believe SCSU is in with a MI or BU win as stated above...Mankato is in i think. Yale is the other bubble team. I like the MN/MI match-up in grand rapids ... I like us in Toledo it will be interesting to see how they put 6 WCHA teams if it plays out that way and keep bracket integrity....