SiouxSports.com Forum

Bracketology 2013

iluvdebbies

With this most likely being the case if Michigan wins I am going to be on the Notre Dame bandwagon tomorrow afternoon and hope this would be the result if Notre Dame wins although I'm still not sure if they wouldn't try to put UND in Grand Rapids.

Providence

1.Quinnipiac vs. 16.Canisus

8. UND vs. 10.Niagara

Grand Rapids

2.Minnesota vs. 15.Yale

6.BC vs. 11.Mankato

Manchester

3.Lowell vs. 14.Wisconsin

7.New Hampshire vs. 9.Denver

Toledo

4.Notre Dame vs. 13.St.Cloud

5.Miami vs. 12.Union

great minds think alike :) I came up with the same scenario

Now lets assume ND wins tomorrow-

1. Quinnipiac

2. Minnesota

3. Lowell

4. Notre Dame

5T. Miami

5T. BC

7. UNH

8. UND

9T. DU

9T. Niagara

11T. Mankato

11T. Union

13. SCSU

14. Yale

15. WI

16. Canisius

Place Top seeds nearest home: Quinnipiac-Providence, Minnesota- Grand Rapids, Lowell- Manchester, Notre Dame- Toledo

Place UNH in Manchester

Providence

1. Quinnipiac vs 16. Canisius

8. UND vs 9. Niagara (tie split differently to avoid intraconference)

Grand Rapids

2. Minnesota vs 14. Yale (swap 14 and 15 to avoid intraconference)

6. BC vs. 11. Mankato {whole bracket moved to keep integrity while keeping UNH in Manchester}

Manchester

3. Lowell vs 15. WI (swap 14 and 15 to avoid intraconference)

7. UNH vs 10. DU (tie split differently to avoid intraconference) {whole bracket moved to keep integrity while keeping UNH in Manchester}

Toledo

4. Notre Dame vs 13. SCSU

5. Miami vs 12. Union

Moves are: splitting ties differently to avoid intraconference, swapping WI and Yale's first round match-ups to avoid intraconference, swapping the BC vs Mankato bracket and the UNH vs DU bracket in order to keep first round match-up integrity while still keeping UNH in Manchester

Holy balls. I'm not sayiing you're wrong but that would be a lot of moves. And remember they don't have to avoid the intra-conference with 5 or more in from one league.

With 6 teams from the WCHA, I'm not sure how much effort they'll put into avoiding intra-conference match-ups. At least they're broken up fairly evenly, so it's not like there's 3 2-seeds and 3 3-seeds from the same conference.

I'm still rooting for the Sioux getting sent to Providence. Not only does that mean that I can drive to the regional, but it also means that BC is getting sent west...which they historically have not survived.

avoiding intraconference is still easy- splitting ties to avoid intraconference vs using the tie-breaker criteria resulting in an intraconference seems like a no-brainer.

The only true intraconference move would be Yale and Wisconsin in the ND wins the CCHA scenario...You have to believe the committee will think that Minnesota, the #2 seed, earned the right to not have to play a rival, hot off the conference tourney championship, in the first round and therefore flip #14 and #15 seeds.

In the Notre Dame wins scenario we have lovely rewards for great seasons for a couple #1 seeds:

Lowell gets WI...conference playoff champ of a big time conference and hottest team in country

Notre Dame gets SCSU...regular season champ of a big time conference

crazy how the puck sometimes bounces...

in that scenario, t wouldn't be too far fetched to imagine an all WCHA frozen four again

The way our teams are playing we'd be lucky to get a second round matchup in GR. :)

lets not be that kind of fan ... we played just fine at the final five. ran into a really hot goalie with Howe. Sure we could have played better, but they definitely weren't bad. Go Sioux, take care of the first round, then get some redemption on the goofers for ending our season last year.

lets not be that kind of fan ... we played just fine at the final five. ran into a really hot goalie with Howe. Sure we could have played better, but they definitely weren't bad. Go Sioux, take care of the first round, then get some redemption on the goofers for ending our season last year.

sagard is a Gopher fan.

If a Notre Dame victory means BC and Minnesota end up in the same region I may attend Mass tomorrow morning.

If you CAN'T make mass, text me at 10:55 am as I'm walking into church and I'll make sure I drop a $5 spot in the collection basket with a sticky note attached to it reading 'GO IRISH' and your name on it.

If you CAN'T make mass, text me at 10:55 am as I'm walking into church and I'll make sure I drop a $5 spot in the collection basket with a sticky note attached to it reading 'GO IRISH' and your name on it.

Hopefully the Catholic church has no issues with a Norwegian Lutheran at their mass..... :D

Hopefully the Catholic church has no issues with a Norwegian Lutheran at their mass..... :D

If you CAN'T make mass, text me at 12:15 pm as I'm driving by the Lutheran church on the way home from Catholic mass and I'll run inside and put ANOTHER $5 spot in their collection basket with a sticky note attached to it reading 'GO IRISH' and your name on it.

Gotta make sure all bases are covered, right?

• Upvote 1

If you CAN'T make mass, text me at 12:15 pm as I'm driving by the Lutheran church on the way home from Catholic mass and I'll run inside and put ANOTHER $5 spot in their collection basket with a sticky note attached to it reading 'GO IRISH' and your name on it.

Gotta make sure all bases are covered, right?

Even for a Lutheran, that post is funny.

The a$$clown on USCHO bracketology is making big moves for attendance...either that or just hoping to rev up some readers. If Notre Dame wins, and they do what that clown says, I will be furious.

Quinnipiac's coach is on the committee...

"ass clown" as you call him has been pretty accurate in the past...but this will be one of the tougher years to get it correct in the event Notre Dame wins. I'm not sure how you guys could be furious in drawing Niagra in either scenario. IMO that team doesn't even belong in the tourney. I get their spot in the pairwise but they have a HORIIBLE strength of schedule...I mean...they played and beat NO ONE. They win the worst league in the country and then go get beat bad in their tourney...screw them.

"ass clown" as you call him has been pretty accurate in the past...but this will be one of the tougher years to get it correct in the event Notre Dame wins. I'm not sure how you guys could be furious in drawing Niagra in either scenario. IMO that team doesn't even belong in the tourney. I get their spot in the pairwise but they have a HORIIBLE strength of schedule...I mean...they played and beat NO ONE. They win the worst league in the country and then go get beat bad in their tourney...screw them.

It's not rocket science, and I've also rarely missed in my predictions since the inception of pairwise. He went out on a limb by making attendance moves. These are purely discretionary.

I don't think anyone's upset about Niagara. I would love to have Quinnipiac and Canisius as well, and Notre Dame winning creates that bracket. Only way it doesn't happen in that scenario is selection committee bias/ manipulation under guise of raising attendance.

It's not rocket science, and I've also rarely missed in my predictions since the inception of pairwise. He went out on a limb by making attendance moves. These are purely discretionary.

I don't think anyone's upset about Niagara. I would love to have Quinnipiac and Canisius as well, and Notre Dame winning creates that bracket. Only way it doesn't happen in that scenario is selection committee bias/ manipulation under guise of raising attendance.

Your last sentence if it happens or not will decide everything.

Your last sentence if it happens or not will decide everything.

That's what is so crazy is we have this math driven...supposively objective system....so that "the criteria are the same for everyone, you know where you stand, there's no bias", blah, blah, blah and then they just throw it out the window and shift things around at will once it's done anyhow.