SiouxSports.com Forum

Bracketology 2013

iluvdebbies

I agree with Wodon's projections on CHN, except I see them keeping UND/Denver in the 8/9 match-up in Providence (as opposed to swapping Denver with Niagara). The rules allow them to keep a first-round conference match-up if the conference has 5 teams in the tournament, and this year we have 6. That being said, I think this is what we'll find out at 8:00 pm tonight:

Providence: 1. Quinnipiac vs. 16. Canisius / 8. North Dakota vs. 9. Denver

Grand Rapids: 2. Minnesota vs. 15. Yale / 6. Boston College vs. 11. Minnesota State

Manchester: 3. Mass.-Lowell vs. 14. Wisconsin / 7. New Hampshire vs. 10. Niagara

Toledo: 4. Notre Dame vs. 13. St. Cloud State / 5. Miami vs. 12. Union

Und won't play a wcha team in the first game.

I agree with Wodon's projections on CHN, except I see them keeping UND/Denver in the 8/9 match-up in Providence (as opposed to swapping Denver with Niagara). The rules allow them to keep a first-round conference match-up if the conference has 5 teams in the tournament, and this year we have 6. That being said, I think this is what we'll find out at 8:00 pm tonight:

Providence: 1. Quinnipiac vs. 16. Canisius / 8. North Dakota vs. 9. Denver

Grand Rapids: 2. Minnesota vs. 15. Yale / 6. Boston College vs. 11. Minnesota State

Manchester: 3. Mass.-Lowell vs. 14. Wisconsin / 7. New Hampshire vs. 10. Niagara

Toledo: 4. Notre Dame vs. 13. St. Cloud State / 5. Miami vs. 12. Union

That bracket is as good as any. And Providence has been good to UND--three of last 5 Natties were won there.

The "West" region is in the Eastern time zone. Virtually every west team has to get on a plane every year. BS if BC doesn't have to travel this year.

I was talking to a friend about this earlier and mentioned to him that the "West" regional is further East than the entire WCHA conference (who is only providing 6 of the 16 teams!). It is just ridiculous that it is a requirement that the regional sites are not allowed to be at campus sites.

I don't think that teams and fans from the East get how badly the teams out here get shafted with travel and thus fan support. Could you imagine the outcry from all of them if the regional sites were like this:

Northeast: Detroit

East: Grand Rapids

Midwest: Minneapolis

West: Denver

for even one year, yet this is pretty much what happens to the Western teams on a yearly basis?

let's not forget the committee is in love with bc and has no love for und. therefore und gets stuck in the FU bracket in grand rapids. i think it is in the ncaa bylaws or written somewhere else that this is how it has to be. this attendence thing is a joke. they went away from on campus sites years ago because they didn't want to give teams an extra advantage but now we are about to be subject to this crap about going away from integrity to cover their a$$es and put an extra 300 people in the stands.