SiouxSports.com Forum

Bracketology 2013

iluvdebbies

I think if Michigan wins we will end up out East with Lowell and Notre Dame will head to Grand Rapids with Minnesota but if Notre Dame wins I think we end up in Grand Rapids with Minnesota.

if mich wins we end up in grand rapids, if notre dame wins we could end up in providence.

if mich wins we end up in grand rapids, if notre dame wins we could end up in providence.

Why? if Michigan wins it leaves 5.BC 6.UND 7.UNH 8.Notre Dame and if Notre Dame wins it leaves 5.Miami 6.BC 7.New Hampshire 8.UND wouldn't they be more likely to move UND as a #8 seed into the #7 spot into Grand Rapids with the Gophers and than to move 6.BC there. They could move 8.Notre Dame there in the scenario that Michigan wins and send us out east instead.

USCHO was confusing me as I forgot about a Sunday game. So will we know for sure, before the selection show, where we will most likely be? (after the Wisc/cc game and considering both circumstances between Notre dame and Michigan.)

No, because bracket integrity will be thrown off. They will need to balance Minn in Rapids, NH in Manchester, and avoid intraconference first round, and it looks like DU and Mankato will be 3 seeds, meaning UND can't be in those brackets

Why? if Michigan wins it leaves 5.BC 6.UND 7.UNH 8.Notre Dame and if Notre Dame wins it leaves 5.Miami 6.BC 7.New Hampshire 8.UND wouldn't they be more likely to move UND as a #8 seed into the #7 spot into Grand Rapids with the Gophers and than to move 6.BC there. They could move 8.Notre Dame there in the scenario that Michigan wins and send us out east instead.

it would keep some form of bracket integrity and Wodon over at CHN who knows more about this stuff then us thinks the committee might keep as close to a 1-8 or 1-7 bracket integrity as they can as qu has earned the "right" to that and he thinks bc is headed out west no matter what

it would keep some form of bracket integrity and Wodon over at CHN who knows more about this stuff then us thinks the committee might keep as close to a 1-8 or 1-7 bracket integrity as they can as qu has earned the "right" to that and he thinks bc is headed out west no matter what

I just didn't figure any way they wouldn't keep BC in the east but if it turns out that way I'd be very fine with it.

don't forget now that there are 6 wcha teams in the tournament they can do an inter-conference matchup if they choose they want to. so I wouldn't be surprised to see a und-denver/msum matchup in grand rapids with minny there as well. they did it in 2008.

First, let's assume MI wins tomorrow:

1. Quinnipiac

2. Minnesota

3. Lowell

4. Miami

5. BC

6T. UND

6T. UNH

8. ND

9. DU

10. Niagara

11T. Mankato

11T. Union

13. SCSU

14. WI

15. MI

16. Canisius

Place the top seeds nearest home: Quinnipiac- Providence, Minnesota- Grand Rapids, Lowell- Manchester, Miami- Toledo

Place UNH in Manchester

Providence

1. Quinnipiac vs 16. Canisius

8. Notre Dame vs 9. Denver

Grand Rapids

2. Minnesota vs 15. Michigan

7. UND vs 10. Niagara

Manchester

3. Lowell vs 14. Wisconsin

6. UNH vs 11. Mankato

Toledo

4. Miami vs 13. SCSU

5. BC vs 12. Union

Only move is splitting a tie for 6th in PWR differently by making UNH 6 and UND 7. Other than that, straight bracket integrity. Decent attendance.

• Upvote 1

I'm all in with being in same regional as Gophs. Someone has to end someone else's season. Might was well get them out of the way early. And if you are a #1 not Quinny...ouch. No layups.

1. Quinnipiac

2. Minnesota

3. Lowell

4. Miami

5. BC

6T. UND

6T. UNH

8. ND

9. DU

10. Niagara

11T. Mankato

11T. Union

13. SCSU

14. WI

15. MI

16. Canisius

Just wondering about the order here. I'm probably doing something wrong, but when I run the YATC on CHN, I get this:

1. Quinnipiac

2. Minnesota

3. Lowell

4. Miami

5. BC

6 UNH

7. NDame

8. Sioux

9. WI

10. DU

11. Mankato

12. Niagara

13. Union

14. SC

15. MI

16. Canisius

What am I doing wrong?

1. Quinnipiac

2. Minnesota

3. Lowell

4. Miami

5. BC

6T. UND

6T. UNH

8. ND

9. DU

10. Niagara

11T. Mankato

11T. Union

13. SCSU

14. WI

15. MI

16. Canisius

Place the top seeds nearest home: Quinnipiac- Providence, Minnesota- Grand Rapids, Lowell- Manchester, Miami- Toledo

Place UNH in Manchester

Providence

8. Notre Dame vs 9. Denver

Grand Rapids

2. Minnesota vs 15. Michigan

7. UND vs 10. Niagara

Manchester

3. Lowell vs 14. Wisconsin

6. UNH vs 11. Mankato

Toledo

4. Miami vs 13. SCSU

5. BC vs 12. Union

Only move is splitting a tie for 6th in PWR differently by making UNH 6 and UND 7. Other than that, straight bracket integrity. Decent attendance.

With this most likely being the case if Michigan wins I am going to be on the Notre Dame bandwagon tomorrow afternoon and hope this would be the result if Notre Dame wins although I'm still not sure if they wouldn't try to put UND in Grand Rapids.

Providence

1.Quinnipiac vs. 16.Canisus

8. UND vs. 10.Niagara

Grand Rapids

2.Minnesota vs. 15.Yale

6.BC vs. 11.Mankato

Manchester

3.Lowell vs. 14.Wisconsin

7.New Hampshire vs. 9.Denver

Toledo

4.Notre Dame vs. 13.St.Cloud

5.Miami vs. 12.Union

Now lets assume ND wins tomorrow-

1. Quinnipiac

2. Minnesota

3. Lowell

4. Notre Dame

5T. Miami

5T. BC

7. UNH

8. UND

9T. DU

9T. Niagara

11T. Mankato

11T. Union

13. SCSU

14. Yale

15. WI

16. Canisius

Place Top seeds nearest home: Quinnipiac-Providence, Minnesota- Grand Rapids, Lowell- Manchester, Notre Dame- Toledo

Place UNH in Manchester

Providence

8. UND vs 9. Niagara (tie split differently to avoid intraconference)

Grand Rapids

2. Minnesota vs 14. Yale (swap 14 and 15 to avoid intraconference)

6. BC vs. 11. Mankato {whole bracket moved to keep integrity while keeping UNH in Manchester}

Manchester

3. Lowell vs 15. WI (swap 14 and 15 to avoid intraconference)

7. UNH vs 10. DU (tie split differently to avoid intraconference) {whole bracket moved to keep integrity while keeping UNH in Manchester}

Toledo

4. Notre Dame vs 13. SCSU

5. Miami vs 12. Union

Moves are: splitting ties differently to avoid intraconference, swapping WI and Yale's first round match-ups to avoid intraconference, swapping the BC vs Mankato bracket and the UNH vs DU bracket in order to keep first round match-up integrity while still keeping UNH in Manchester