SiouxSports.com Forum

Bracketology 2013

iluvdebbies

I left the friendly confines of the TC's for a spring break visit to the parents' house in SW ND. Sitting at a truck stop just outside Mandan right now but should be able to swing by the Ukrainian Catholic Church in Fairfield on Friday am on the way back home.

If nothing else, I'll spot mom $5 and tell her to drop it in the 'special intentions' box at St Bernard's in Belfield.

thanks, any divine intervention will help. :D

Usually I pray for stuff like a cure for cancer, an end to world hunger, and no nukes in North Korea...but God's got bigger fish to fry this Friday, right?

just do an along with. and along with a cure for cancer, an end to world hunger and no nukes for North Korea.....

Does anyone have any idea how Minnesota State (#11) got switched with Union (#12) so that Union plays BC in Providence rather than Mankato?

Mankato and BC should have been paired together (6 vs. 11) and when they moved North Dakota/Niagara to Grand Rapids they should have moved Mankato with BC not Union.

Can't be for attendance purposes since Union only averages 1900 at their home games. Drive versus fly excuse?

Net result is BC gets to play a 12 seed rather than an 11 seed supposedly an easier game for them.

Does anyone have any idea how Minnesota State (#11) got switched with Union (#12) so that Union plays BC in Providence rather than Mankato?

Mankato and BC should have been paired together (6 vs. 11) and when they moved North Dakota/Niagara to Grand Rapids they should have moved Mankato with BC not Union.

Can't be for attendance purposes since Union only averages 1900 at their home games. Drive versus fly excuse?

Net result is BC gets to play a 12 seed rather than an 11 seed supposedly an easier game for them.

it is for attendence purposes. they must think that msum is going to bring a hoard of people to toledo versus providence and are banking on those 3 extra people union brings in providence.

nope it was to prevent a possible all WCHA Frozen Four :crazy:

• Upvote 1

I don't have the patience to work this out, but I'll toss it out there in case someone else does: Tally up who has benefited from the "attendance considerations" in the past 10 years' brackets. If you can dig up old USCHO bracketology articles, it should be pretty clear.

Whether BC & BU are proven to have a clear advantage (or I'll allow that it could prove that we all just have short memories), either way this would be nice to know.

The game records of the "attendance considerations" teams would be nice to see, too. Be sure to exclude the game hosts since they get legitimate home games.

is there any background information on these people that make up the selection committee? Or is it all a hush hush committee? I've never looked into it before..I'd love to know.

The selection committees are always made public. They are usually on the NCAA web site somewhere. They are usually made up of Athletic Directors and other officials from the member schools.

On a side note, Faison is starting a 4 year term on the committee next year, so get your complaints :crazy: out of the way this year. Shows East coast Bias.

So you are saying Faison will protect UND's interests like he did with the nickname?Ummm, yeah, better leave that one alone...:)

When is the last time you saw a potential BC vs BU or BC vs UNH match-up in a regional final?

But North Dakota vs Denver or North Dakota vs Minnesota? You can take that one to the bank almost every year.

Last one I remember was 2005 when UND was in that bracket and beat BU 6-0, then BC 6-3 to win the Beanpot and head to the FF. Has there been one since?