SiouxSports.com Forum

Bracketology 2013

iluvdebbies

At first, I was upset but my buddy pretty much gave me perspective:

-It's a tough path to the natl championship, regardless of who we play or where we play.

-Assuming we and Minnesota win our first round games, at least we'll face them on neutral ice, unlike last year's regional.

-Our goaltending must be better, regardless of where we play.

-Hak and the boys probably aren't expending any energy being mad about where they got placed. Just ask my buddy who's a CC fan; right now, they would've gladly taken any place the selection committee would've sent them.

maybe they should start putting the number 1 seeds closest to home and then get 3 hats, throw all 2 seeds in one, 3 seeds in another ect. Pick team matchups that way, regardless of how far away from home or not or if 10 people will show up or 15,000. There shouldn't be a list of fkn rules to go by in order pick these matchups. Its pretty pathetic. I think the selection show should all be televised, from the moment the committee enters the room to the time they figure out the bracket so we can see how retarded they look. Yeah yeah , you have to play the best to be the best.. Got it. But seriously lets do it right and quit giving teams possible advantages or disadvantages based on a few morons from out east.

what is the point of using the f@#$%^& pairwise when they get thrown out the window by a bunch of dbags in a smokefilled room trying to give bc the easiest route to the frozen four. that being said I will still root for bc over minny at the frozen four.

With the way Minny is playing, I don't know if you can pencil them in the regional final quite yet.

With the way Minny is playing, I don't know if you can pencil them in the regional final quite yet.

Same with the Sioux. :)

The problem isn't with PWR, or deviating from PWR standings. The problem is with the goals of the committee.

Avoiding 1st round conference matchups, and avoiding likely 2nd round conference matchups should be the goals.

Placing the top seeded team nearest to home is great, if the arena is close. Otherwise send the out east. I'd love for the Gophs to be out with UNH.

Same with the Sioux. :)

The problem isn't with PWR, or deviating from PWR standings. The problem is with the goals of the committee.

Avoiding 1st round conference matchups, and avoiding likely 2nd round conference matchups should be the goals.

Placing the top seeded team nearest to home is great, if the arena is close. Otherwise send the out east. I'd love for the Gophs to be out with UNH.

Well, yes. But the comment I was replying to, didn't have the Sioux in the discussion :)

I think both teams will win their first games, and that whoever sucks less will win the regional...

I wouldn't either, but what is the way they areplaying? UM had the overall #2 locked up with three losses in their last twelve played including five wins in a row up until facing a CC team that was far more desperate for a win. The Gophers also laid an egg at the X last year before winning their region. Just sayin.

UM had the overall #2 locked up with three losses in their last twelve played including five wins in a row...

Four of those five wins in a row were against the same team...Bjugstad looking like he's playing with an NHL contract pen in his pocket...this could be BC vs CC all over again...

Danny Kristo doesn't seem too upset with the seeding.

0dddfbcd18dd8ec8a51a93acdea0b0b3_normal.jpegDanny Kristo @dkristo7

Couldn't be happier with our bracket

Good to hear. Was expecting a playoff game at the X between the UM/UND. Hope it happens Saturday. It's great for college hockey!

Rarely have to worry about Danny and his effort and play game in and game out. Problem is as of late there have been too many passangers on any given night. That has to change...

• Upvote 1

I wouldn't either, but what is the way they areplaying? UM had the overall #2 locked up with three losses in their last twelve played including five wins in a row up until facing a CC team that was far more desperate for a win. The Gophers also laid an egg at the X last year before winning their region. Just sayin.

I'm not looking at wins, Im looking at play. I've thought they were playing with fire for a while to be honest, winning games while not playing well. I get that good teams find ways, but at some point, you have to turn a corner if you want to have success in the tournament here.

i would have rather have played du in the first round in providence or hell for that matter bc in the first round then get stuck in a regional with the one team have haven't beaten all year in minnesota or better yet are 2-5-1 against the last two seasons.

i would have rather have played du in the first round in providence or hell for that matter bc in the first round then get stuck in a regional with the one team have haven't beaten all year in minnesota or better yet are 2-5-1 against the last two seasons.

That just means we are due...