SiouxSports.com Forum

NCAA admits they are corrupt

Vegas_Sioux

2 hours ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

I think it's up to 30 states now.  The NCAA is going to run into some big problems and several lawsuits from a lot of states if they plan on going forward with banning post season tournaments in those states.

Good.  It's about time the NCAA gets sat in the corner.

39 minutes ago, Yote 53 said:

Good.  It's about time the NCAA gets sat in the corner.

for some reason the NCAA seems to think they are the end all, be all, for the sporting world. but the times they are a changing, and i think they are gonna get a dose of reality very soon, if they continue on this path.  we have proven in the last 12 months that alot of what we thought we couldnt live without, actually wasnt that important , and we could live with out .  the same holds for the NC$$

2 hours ago, UND1983 said:

You're not lying.  I would say the vast majority of sports writers these days are bleeding hearts.  

one has to wonder if the opposing voices have been censored?  that the mix of right/left is along traditional lines, but one side has gained control over who gets popular...   interesting times.

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, petey23 said:

Does anyone remember when Sports Writers were crusty and gruff and chain smoked and threw a little something something in their black coffee that they drank out of a Styrofoam cup? They wrote from a more masculine  world view and were guy's guys and you didn't know or care what their political views were. Think Soucheray and Reusse.

Not saying they were perfect but definitely preferable to the soy latte drinking, tofu eating, beta cucks that seem to cover sports these days.

wonder what virg foss thinks of schloss and his subaru

• 2 months later...
2 hours ago, farce poobah said:

College sports and amateurism unlikely to survive in todays climate.  These justices are distancing themselves from their predecessors, who recognized a need to exempt the NCAA.  You can keep elevating the P5s and form smaller, tighter super leagues where athletes get some measure of their economic worth.  But how does the whole house of cards not fall?  

Maybe the small handful of money making athletes at the small handful of money making schools will share with the rest to keep the rest of D1, all of D2/D3, and all of the non-revenue departments, teams, and schools afloat.  You know, out of the goodness of their hearts.

6 hours ago, NoiseInsideMyHead said:

College sports and amateurism unlikely to survive in todays climate.  These justices are distancing themselves from their predecessors, who recognized a need to exempt the NCAA.  You can keep elevating the P5s and form smaller, tighter super leagues where athletes get some measure of their economic worth.  But how does the whole house of cards not fall?  

Maybe the small handful of money making athletes at the small handful of money making schools will share with the rest to keep the rest of D1, all of D2/D3, and all of the non-revenue departments, teams, and schools afloat.  You know, out of the goodness of their hearts.

NCAA brought it on themselves. They refused to stop being their overbearing, self righteous, unfair ruling,  prickish selves. The SCOTUS gutted them.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

https://sports.yahoo.com/nick-saban-says-alabama-qb-bryce-young-has-signed-nearly-1-m-worth-of-endorsement-deals-already-180220170.html

Nick Saban says Alabama QB Bryce Young has signed nearly $1M worth of endorsement deals already...

Our quarterback [Bryce Young] already has approached ungodly numbers. I’m not going to say what they are. He hasn’t even played yet. He hasn’t been a starter. If I told you what he’s … it’s almost 7-figures. And it’s like the guy hasn’t even played yet. That’s because of our program.

Saban using the new rules for recruiting

• 3 weeks later...

The NCAA has named their Constitution Committee. NDSU's Breciani is on it. (tip cap) 

But the NCAA then also puts on the president of Robert Morris, the guy who singularly and arbitrarily cut RMU hockey with no public notice beforehand. 

https://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/robert-gates-accs-jim-phillips-among-23-members-appointed-to-ncaa-constitution-committee/

On 8/11/2021 at 9:08 AM, The Sicatoka said:

The NCAA has named their Constitution Committee. NDSU's Breciani is on it. (tip cap) 

But the NCAA then also puts on the president of Robert Morris, the guy who singularly and arbitrarily cut RMU hockey with no public notice beforehand. 

https://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/robert-gates-accs-jim-phillips-among-23-members-appointed-to-ncaa-constitution-committee/

There is no ceiling on how absolutely devastating this thing turns out.... maybe ceiling is wrong, depths of hell?

• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Emmert sure left a nice pile for his successor.

Drive a gun to a murder then make light of it in pre-game?
https://nypost.com/2023/02/25/brandon-miller-pretends-to-be-frisked-amid-alabama-shooting-controversy/ 

Drag race and kill a teammate and a coach?
https://www.foxnews.com/sports/georgia-football-player-devin-willock-staff-member-chandler-lecroy-killed-car-crash 

I really didn't know where this topic should go so here probably works. I was reading about all the tournaments going on in GF this weekend (which is great!) and there was mention of a kid that has played in the WHL so he is ineligible for college hockey. Given that there are college athletes hauling in millions from NIL, I wonder what the chances are that if this was challenged in court that the NC$$ would get their ass handed to them again. Pretty high I would think.

10 minutes ago, siouxfaninseattle said:

I really didn't know where this topic should go so here probably works. I was reading about all the tournaments going on in GF this weekend (which is great!) and there was mention of a kid that has played in the WHL so he is ineligible for college hockey. Given that there are college athletes hauling in millions from NIL, I wonder what the chances are that if this was challenged in court that the NC$$ would get their ass handed to them again. Pretty high I would think.

My guess:
NCAA will go all nuanced and say NIL is not performance but endorsement based where MJ stipends are for athletic performance*. 

*Which is the definition of an athletic scholarship mind you. 

5 hours ago, The Sicatoka said:

My guess:
NCAA will go all nuanced and say NIL is not performance but endorsement based where MJ stipends are for athletic performance*. 

I suspect you are right, but if it gets challenged it would be interesting to see how the new commish handles it. 

• 2 weeks later...

USHL would have to change how they are doing things if the NCAA rules regarding MJ did change.  Not sure USHL franchises could afford to keep up with the budgets MJ teams have though.  An NCAA decision like that would have an interesting ripple effect across junior hockey.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/2/2023 at 3:03 PM, The Sicatoka said:

My guess:

And then the CHL teams just rebrand them as marketing rights stipends and problem goes away.