SiouxSports.com Forum

College Hockey 2012/13 (non UND Hockey)

AZSIOUX

So Rau went back into the lineup, which enabled your team to down mighty Canisius 1-0. Wow, how impressive.

The Canisius goalie is one of the best in the nation but even so the Gophers kinda sleepwalked through the whole weekend(including U-18 team Fri). Next week I expect them to ramp it up.

The Canisius goalie is one of the best in the nation but even so the Gophers kinda sleepwalked through the whole weekend(including U-18 team Fri). Next week I expect them to ramp it up.

So you are saying yesterday's game was kinda like playing Holy Cross. I understand.

I'm not going to say the gophers are the best team in the country, but I don't want to underscore that USA team either. That might be one of the better U-18 teams that they've ever had. A couple bounces, they beat UND, one more save, they beat Minnesota.

Yeah, some of these teams go in slow motion when they play the high schoolers, but at the same time they used to go in slow motion and beat these kids 6-0.

Interesting to note that this USA U18 team has only won 2 times in their first 11 USHL games.

I know you guys tell me not to think much of the rankings this time of year, BUT how does minny stay put with what they did, and the Sioux drop with what they did?

i dont think the gophers should be ranked 2nd... but minnesota won their only game they had over the weekend. why would they not stay put??

Gophers are an excellent team this year- just like most years. I think Wilcox is answering the question about their goaltending.

I really think we are going to see a clash of the Titans this last year of WCHA play. This could be like the epic Sioux Gopher games of Parise vs Vanek. Unlike those years though, this UND team has the advantage in dmen. That era of Gopher team had Ballard and Martin back on the blueline. WOW.

That said, I really think these two teams have Frozen Four written all over them on paper- I just hope the PWR ends with us 1 and 2 so we don't see each other until a final.

i dont think the gophers should be ranked 2nd... but minnesota won their only game they had over the weekend. why would they not stay put??

Miami lost and they stayed put. We win and tie and go down. It's subjective, not objective.

And then there's that person who keeps giving Union a number one vote when they're sitting down in 10th.

I've seen every Gopher non-exhibition game this year. If that's the number 2 team in the country... *shrugs*

Miami lost and they stayed put. We win and tie and go down. It's subjective, not objective.

And then there's that person who keeps giving Union a number one vote when they're sitting down in 10th.

I've seen every Gopher non-exhibition game this year. If that's the number 2 team in the country... *shrugs*

i agree minnesota has not been that impressive. but who has been outside of BC and denver? the sioux were a minute away from going 2-2 against all teams alaska

I don't put a lot of stock in these polls... They nice to read when you're doing your morning duties but the only one that matters is the PWR the weekend of the conference championships.