SiouxSports.com Forum

College Hockey 2012/13 (non UND Hockey)

AZSIOUX

Jeez, dude, chill out. It's just one guy's opinion. No need to get upset.

And you keep saying you are a Sioux fan in every post, it's almost like you are overcompensating for something...

Haha...right. And that guy bashing a very good player was completely calm through 2 thread pages of ranting.

Budish is very solid and strong- hockey is not all about style or points. IMO he actually has NHL checker written all over him.

I'd love to have Budish skate wing with Knight and Kristo- talk about puck possession if you had Knight on the draw and Knight and Budish working down low, while Danny got into shooting position...WOW!

I think Knight is the best two-way center in the league. I think Kristo is definitely a first line winger on any team in the league. I think Rocco is a magician who would skate scoring line on any team in the league.

Haula, Bjugstad, Budish vs Knight, Kristo, and Rocco is pretty much epic- Gophs are bigger in that scenario.

Our dmen will need to be able to physically match Budish and Bjugstad. I think that MacWilliam can stack up...I don't know about the other boys.

I actually think the Gopher and UND top 2 lines this year will be very nicely matched...both are very talented.

Good post and I completely agree. Gophers and Sioux are both stacked with elite talent up front and on the blueline. At this point I have no idea which team will end up on top at the end of the season but I'm confident this will be a two team race. Who knows, maybe we'll meet in Pittsburgh.

Good post and I completely agree. Gophers and Sioux are both stacked with elite talent up front and on the blueline. At this point I have no idea which team will end up on top at the end of the season but I'm confident this will be a two team race. Who knows, maybe we'll meet in Pittsburgh.

After the down years, gopher fans have to be giddy that they are in this conversation once again. Welcome back.

Edit: How happy are you that John Hill is gone!?

What I didn't say is that Bjugstad is certainly in the conversation as the best player in the country- I don't think UND has a proven commodity in that conversation...I do stand by Knight being the best two-way and the best on the draw center iceman. Kristo is very skilled, but is a much different player than Bjugstad. Rocco might also fit into that description- his unknown commodity status might help him produce beaucoup points.

I'd can think of no better swan song to the WCHA than a Gopher- Sioux NCAA final!