SiouxSports.com Forum

College Hockey 2012/13 (non UND Hockey)

AZSIOUX

You say he's had a poor colleger career so far, he would barely crack UND's third line, and he is far from being a good hockey player. So I have to ask......have you ever seen him play an actual game? There's not a better forward in the league along the boards or in front of the net. He's on the first pp unit for a reason.

Ahh, Michael Parks is far superior than Zach Budish along the boards. Michael Parks protects the puck better than "most" players in all college hockey. He's one of the best.

Zach Budish is not better than: Knight, Kristo, Rocco, Rowney, McMillian or Parks.

Given a healthy year by O' Donnel, I expect Brenden O' Donnel to develop and be a better player than Zach Budish. No question.

And yes, I've seen Budish play. C'mon, dude!

Well...what the heck is "good"? Just because he is a big boy he has to dominate? He rarely makes a mistake that would lead to the puck being buried...I'll take that on my team any day. Not to mention the fact that he sat out his SR year of HS with a torn ACL as well, so he has lost two seasons in the past 4-5 years due to ACL injury, rehabbed, and come back pretty darn strong.

He is a darn solid WCHA player, has stuck it out for 4 years and battled through major injuries, and plays the game the right way to boot.

Ahh, Michael Parks is far superior than Zach Budish along the boards. Michael Parks protects the puck better than "most" players in all college hockey. He's one of the best.

Zach Budish is not better than: Knight, Kristo, Rocco, Rowney, McMillian or Parks.

Given a healthy year by O' Donnel, I expect Brenden O' Donnel to develop and be a better player than Zach Budish. No question.

You're getting dumber with each post.

What years were those?

Here's the facts...

In the last 5 seasons the Gofers have played a total of 6 non-conference games outside the state of Minnesota...all 3 series were the College Hockey Showdown against Michigan/Michigan State...

By comparison, the Sioux have played 15 non-conference games outside of North Dakota in the same 5 year stretch...thanks for playing, we have some lovely parting gifts for you...

Is it possible it something has to do with the TV contract? Maybe FSN would prefer to stay home.

As far as why the Gophers haven't scheduled NC games with North Dakota.... They had to fill their schedule with BU/ BC etc because your team was so busy fighting the loss of the Sue nickname. The Gophers aren't allowed to play non conference teams with hostile and abusive names. Now that the team is the Whioux and not the Sioux, you may get your wish.

Is it possible it something has to do with the TV contract? Maybe FSN would prefer to stay home.

As far as why the Gophers haven't scheduled NC games with North Dakota.... They had to fill their schedule with BU/ BC etc because your team was so busy fighting the loss of the Sue nickname. The Gophers aren't allowed to play non conference teams with hostile and abusive names. Now that the team is the Whioux and not the Sioux, you may get your wish.

Or that was an excuse they used when it was convenient.

• Upvote 1

hahahaa....pretty please. Donnie said on his coaches show last year that a cooling off period would be good. His opinion that it gets "a little out of control." I guess it did 4 out of the last 5 years when it was pretty onesided. But....i'm sure you're like everyone of my goofer friends and has blocked that from your memory. ;)

I don't know why Gopher fans hang around here anymore.

Why don't you guys go try to talk hockey with some Nittany Lions or Buckeyes fans?

They are probably more on your level of hockey knowledge, anyway.

Well when you start talking about their team and players, it's gonna attract them. Possibly might need to reconsider the topic title of this thread if it continues. :lol:

Budish is very solid and strong- hockey is not all about style or points. IMO he actually has NHL checker written all over him.

I'd love to have Budish skate wing with Knight and Kristo- talk about puck possession if you had Knight on the draw and Knight and Budish working down low, while Danny got into shooting position...WOW!

I think Knight is the best two-way center in the league. I think Kristo is definitely a first line winger on any team in the league. I think Rocco is a magician who would skate scoring line on any team in the league.

Haula, Bjugstad, Budish vs Knight, Kristo, and Rocco is pretty much epic- Gophs are bigger in that scenario.

Our dmen will need to be able to physically match Budish and Bjugstad. I think that MacWilliam can stack up...I don't know about the other boys.

I actually think the Gopher and UND top 2 lines this year will be very nicely matched...both are very talented.

You're getting dumber with each post.

Just waiting for a knowledgable rebutal from you regarding Budish. So far you have nohing, but arrogant remarks.

You're very good at defending your boy...

You haven't listed anything to persuade me to think differently. You'd be one helleva of a person on a debate team.

Budish is very solid and strong- hockey is not all about style or points. IMO he actually has NHL checker written all over him.

I'd love to have Budish skate wing with Knight and Kristo- talk about puck possession if you had Knight on the draw and Knight and Budish working down low, while Danny got into shooting position...WOW!

I think Knight is the best two-way center in the league. I think Kristo is definitely a first line winger on any team in the league. I think Rocco is a magician who would skate scoring line on any team in the league.

Haula, Bjugstad, Budish vs Knight, Kristo, and Rocco is pretty much epic- Gophs are bigger in that scenario.

Our dmen will need to be able to physically match Budish and Bjugstad. I think that MacWilliam can stack up...I don't know about the other boys.

I actually think the Gopher and UND top 2 lines this year will be very nicely matched...both are very talented.

The thing I like most about Budish's game is his puck possession. A big guy with reach is impossible to take the puck from, and he uses his size so well in winning battles and feeding his teammates. Any guy that has the ability to skate with Rau and Bjugstad can play on my team any day.

Just waiting for a knowledgable rebutal from you regarding Budish. So far you have nohing, but arrogant remarks.

You're very good at defending your boy...

You haven't listed anything to persuade me to think differently. You'd be one helleva of a person on a debate team.

Wow. You are on an island on this one chief.

Budish is a rock solid 6'3 220 who can skate- that is hockey for "tank". On top of that, he actually has pretty decent puck skills to go along with it. He isn't a second round pick because he is a talent risk. He is also coming off a 35 point year, and it isn't just because of the guys he skated with last year.

I think he is among the best power players in the league and would also love him if he were on our team

Budish is a rock solid 6'3 220 who can skate- that is hockey for "tank". On top of that, he actually has pretty decent puck skills to go along with it. He isn't a second round pick because he is a talent risk. He is also coming off a 35 point year, and it isn't just because of the guys he skated with last year.

I think he is among the best power players in the league and would also love him if he were on our team

Die hard Sioux fan here....yes Budish is awesome. He has all the size in the world and is extremly athletic. If Sioux Forever is saying otherwise he has NO IDEA what he/she is talking about. Budish will play in the NHL for 5-10 years.

Oh my gosh, who is this guy. I'm sorry because I love the Sioux hockey program so much but this guy is delusional. Budish is one of the best college hockey players in the nation. Haha. With him it's not just about numbers (although his are fine) its about being physical....which he does well. Sioux fans like this give all us educated Sioux fans a bad name. Parks is not better than Budish...yet.

I have no hatred towards Minnesota on this current topic. I know a good hockey player when I see one, and Budish is far from that. He has a long way to go.

And about Michigan St. I watched both games this weekend. They were not an offensive threat and at times, my friends and I laughed as they stood still in their own end on 5 - 5. It was brutal, every player had their skates planted, while the Gophers looked like they were on a Power Play.

Haha, you have been bashing this guy through two pages of threads. Guy....you are so wrong. Give it up.

Oh my gosh, who is this guy. I'm sorry because I love the Sioux hockey program so much but this guy is delusional. Budish is one of the best college hockey players in the nation. Haha. With him it's not just about numbers (although his are fine) its about being physical....which he does well. Sioux fans like this give all us educated Sioux fans a bad name. Parks is not better than Budish...yet.

Yeah, what was I thinking? Budish is one of the best college hockey players in the nation. He'll probably be up for Hobey Baker and he'll probably play in the NHL for 5-10 years becuase there is a shortage of 6'3" bodies in the NHL and the AHL who have strong play along the boards.

Get real!

I'm not disputing they won't play the Sioux (for whatever reason); I'm saying they don't want to play anybody unless it's in their rink...as far as the TV contract goes, are you saying FSN is now in charge of scheduling opponents for the Gofers? :)

Jeez, dude, chill out. It's just one guy's opinion. No need to get upset.

And you keep saying you are a Sioux fan in every post, it's almost like you are overcompensating for something...

• Upvote 1