SiouxSports.com Forum

College Hockey 2012/13 (non UND Hockey)

AZSIOUX

are you sure you have your timeline right? i talked to joel maturi at a time when UND had still hoped to keep their nickname and during that time he said minnesota was in discussions with boston/notre dame about 4 year agreements.

North Dakota was going to end using the nickname last January, and they did, until they were told there had to be a vote. During that time before the New Year Wisconsin had already had a scheduling agreement with UND. It wasn't until after UND was told they had to have a vote to end the nickname that Minnesota started scheduling with Notre Dame, etc.

Minnesota chose to schedule the likes of Notre Dame, BC, & maybe the CO schools over a series with UND. It's a choice and that's fine, but I do get sick of hearing not scheduling UND was to save the poor litte MN schools and there was nothing that could be done. If Don had any interest in playing UND, like UND had interest in playing MN, it would have happened at the expense of the previous mentioned series.

I do give him credit for scheduling good oponents. In the end, everyone will be just fine once the new leagues take shape, but it is a darn shame this series won't continue.

Faison has a history of not restoring rivalrys.

Anyone see a common link here?

first he wont restore the bison rivaly... only on his terms

now he cant get the gophers on schedule...

now im not saying we shoudl whore ourselves out but come on we cant still be blaming the nickname on this scheduleing

what happend to piggy backing on hockey for football and getting like a Maine here, or a New Hampshire

who handles scheduling anyways??

• Upvote 1

Faison has a history of not restoring rivalrys.

Anyone see a common link here?

first he wont restore the bison rivaly... only on his terms

now he cant get the gophers on schedule...

now im not saying we shoudl whore ourselves out but come on we cant still be blaming the nickname on this scheduleing

what happend to piggy backing on hockey for football and getting like a Maine here, or a New Hampshire

who handles scheduling anyways??

UND and UMN rivalry will be back in 4 years. Too much pressure on both administrations. I for one will be pissed if they aren't playing again regularly in 4 years.

UND and UMN rivalry will be back in 4 years. Too much pressure on both administrations. I for one will be pissed if they aren't playing again regularly in 4 years.

... and when they do, UND could very well have a nickname that you guys can make fun of, especially if the politically correct crowd has a large voice in the process.

2014 NCAA regional sites were announced: Worcester, Bridgeport, St. Paul, Cincinnati

I realize that there probably aren't many off-campus facilities bidding to host regionals, but it's tiring to see the same sites pretty much year after year.

I would like to see the Regionals return to campus again, I am not sure there is a regional has been as well attended as the one that was at the RALPH back in 2006. The regional in Cinci is garrenteed to be a flop.

I would like to see the Regionals return to campus again, I am not sure there is a regional has been as well attended as the one that was at the RALPH back in 2006. The regional in Cinci is garrenteed to be a flop.

What are you talking about?....Cinncy is a hot bed of action I'm sure that place will be rocki......

...wait what's that , hockey, a tourney ...oh yea that things Dead on arrival.

Can you imagine a field like

Maine. CC. BU and Cornell

They wouldn't even sell out the parent tickets

We will probably get sent there instead of St. Paul. Probably have to play Miami. Even with a #1 seed.

UMN and UND won't be in the same conference anymore, so there will be less obstacles to putting them in the same region. If both teams make the tourney next year, and they both aren't #1 seeds, etc.. then no way UND doesn't go to St Paul.

You have to credit the fan bases. It wouldn't be as fun or as intense if gopher fans weren't such mindless, hairless, dickless, slopeheaded, nose-picking, turd-eating, diaper-wearing, goat-banging, pansy-arsed, run-from-a-fight liars. Great playthings.

In reality I think you are still giving the goofer fans too much credit here.

Bill Butters leaves Wisconsin's coaching staff

Bill Butters, who is in his third year as an assistant coach with the Wisconsin men's hockey program, is leaving his position with the Badgers effective immediately, head coach Mike Eaves announced Wednesday.

Eaves is in the process of searching for a new coach to add to his staff to replace Butters.

It will be interesting to see who replaces him.

Anyone see troubas hit? He is a big time d man for Michigan. If Macwilliam lays that hit does he sits 3-4 games in the wcha?? I think so. I don't think trouba has been suspended nor do I think he should be.

http://m.youtube.com...h?v=C7VSXS0Gir4

He was given a game DQ,for the hit, and had to sit out last saturdays game.