SiouxSports.com Forum

Football Champs

breakin face

Lol, I find it quite amusing. Poor NDSU, they win a national title and the NCAA doesn't even care enough to know which school won the FCS championship! :lol:

My guess is they forgot and figured they had a 50/50 chance of shipping it to the correct school. Woops. :whistling::D

I have to admit one thing about this mess. Why didn't Faison call Gene Taylor before announcing to the press what happened? As much as I joke about NDSU and that FCS thing, that doesn't sit right with me.

He should have called him and explained what happened BEFORE announcing to the press that they had that banner and he will call Taylor and let him know about it. I think that was a bit classless.

I have to admit one thing about this mess. Why didn't Faison call Gene Taylor before announcing to the press what happened? As much as I joke about NDSU and that FCS thing, that doesn't sit right with me.

He should have called him and explained what happened BEFORE announcing to the press that they had that banner and he will call Taylor and let him know about it. I think that was a bit classless.

In the interview this morning on the twin cities station he said that somebody leaked it out and reporters were there taking pictures right away. He did call him so no reason to jump to conclusions.

In the interview this morning on the twin cities station he said that somebody leaked it out and reporters were there taking pictures right away. He did call him so no reason to jump to conclusions.

Well, I hope he called him as soon as he could about it.

Nice piece from CBS Sports... NCAA accidentally ships North Dakota State's championship banner to North Dakota

In the NCAA's defense, both North Dakota and North Dakota State are relatively new to the FCS – the division formerly known as "I-AA" – having just made the transition from Division II in 2008 and 2004, respectively. Before last year's playoff run, NDSU had only briefly appeared on the national radar in embarrassing upsets of Minnesota and Kansas; UND is still known mainly for its first-rate hockey program and the ongoing battle over its controversial mascot, the "Fighting Sioux." Then again, both schools have been fielding football teams on some level since the eighteen-nineties.

Just mark it down as another classless move by UND's athletic dept. What do they have Nelson on speed dial? What's the up side, to embarass the NCAA? That's a smart move. Hope they got a good look at it, probably be the one and only they handle...

Just mark it down as another classless move by UND's athletic dept. What do they have Nelson on speed dial? What's the up side, to embarass the NCAA? That's a smart move. Hope they got a good look at it, probably be the one and only they handle...

With 7 D1 national championship banners already, I doubt the UND athletic dept is in awe of this FCS banner.

I think the NCAA did a fine job of embarassing themselves.

• Upvote 1