SiouxSports.com Forum

Election Results

darell1976

I believe that local newspapers probably had a large influence. In my case, the McKenzie County Farmer's Editor was on board with a "yes" vote and Omdahl also had a article printed. Both of these explained the measures rationally and probably help push the result toward yes.

I believe that local newspapers probably had a large influence. In my case, the McKenzie County Farmer's Editor was on board with a "yes" vote and Omdahl also had a article printed. Both of these explained the measures rationally and probably help push the result toward yes.

Contrary to what some on the coasts may think, NoDaks generally show a great degree of common sense when they go to the polls and don't get wrapped up in the hysterics or "smoke and mirrors" arguments.

Really guys... You know as well as anyone that the vote is not a vote on whether or not people support the name. And that it is a vote to save the university athletics.

Yes, WE know that, but that's not what the "nickname at all costers" were saying. By the way, where are they?