SiouxSports.com Forum

Election Results

darell1976

Stick a fork in it, folks. It's over.

If Beach, North Dakota (Golden Valley Cty) is voting Yes, then Yes it will be.

By a large margin.

Goodbye, Fighting Sioux. It's kind of bittersweet, isn't it?

Most definitely bittersweet..... but it's for the best....

Are you slow?? I remeber the decision was suppost to be over three years ago and people continued to say oh no don't get rid of it. Well I just hope teams are calling and saying sgn us up to play you in the coming years. MINN BETTER PLAY US 4 TIMES A YEAR. Football with ndsu starting this year right. Forget big sky. We were going to go with rival schools before we got kicked out. I think we lost more when we continued to fight a few years back then we will now.

Maybe I should have asked if you were drunk.

Most definitely bittersweet..... but it's for the best....

Absolutely. I can't see any constitutional amendment passing either. I know that this is a smaller representation than a general election vote. But, after this, UND will rapidly retire the name, and going back will be seen as foolish by many of the thirty some percent that voted NO today.

I grow up with the sioux. I even had a principle who's son was on the team in 2001. I only wish that what gave me hope when I was being bullied in school would live forever. No the university did nothing for me, but the mascot kept me alive.

Absolutely. I can't see any constitutional amendment passing either. I know that this is a smaller representation than a general election vote. But, after this, UND will rapidly retire the name, and going back will be seen as foolish by many of the thirty some percent that voted NO today.

It's looking like M1 will pass actually. Carlson had it written in a very misleading way to make it look like it would put greater restrictions on legislators being appointed to state positions.

undbiz how much do you stand and cheer for the team. Do you have a wall covered in articles of sioux sports news. WINS and Losses? I do so don't say I do not care, or that I am drunk.My dream growing up was to go to UND where I grew up.

It's looking like M1 will pass actually. Carlson had it written in a very misleading way to make it look like it would put greater restrictions on legislators being appointed to state positions.

I think he's talking about the nickname ammendment that they will try to get passed in November. However, I was pleased to see the wording of M1 when I went to the booth today. I feared it wouldn't pass but after seeing how it was written my fears subsided.

Cass County!!!

1 out of 36 in

143 for yes

56 for no

Grand Forks County

6 out of 27 in

Yes 1539

No 580

I'm not surprised, I think a lot of the Bison fans talked it up but when it came down to it they did the right thing, even a lot of the diehards on BVille either didn't vote on it or voted yes to end it.

undbiz how much do you stand and cheer for the team. Do you have a wall covered in articles of sioux sports news. WINS and Losses? I do so don't say I do not care, or that I am drunk.My dream growing up was to go to UND where I grew up.

I'd prefer this not to become a pissing contest, but I grew up attending basketball (mens and womens), football, and hockey. Still have season tickets for all 4 and catch an occasional volleyball game. When I grew up I did go to UND, maybe that's why I care about more than just the nickname.