SiouxSports.com Forum

Election Results

darell1976

http://results.sos.n...type=SW&map=CTY

This link was posted on BV. Keep track on UND's fate. Polls close at 8.

Thanks for posting this; I just bookmarked it. My predictions are as follows:

Measure 1: No 65-35

Measure 2: No 80-20

Measure 3: No 55-45

Measure 4: Yes 60-40

If you haven't already done so, get out and vote!

Thanks for posting this; I just bookmarked it. My predictions are as follows:

Measure 1: No 65-35

Measure 2: No 80-20

Measure 3: No 55-45

Measure 4: Yes 60-40

If you haven't already done so, get out and vote!

Wow...that's exactly how I voted...no, no, no, yes

• Upvote 1

Not election result related, but I didn't want to start a new thread for this. Tom Sullivan is on the radio talking about North Dakota's vote on property tax and wants input from North Dakotans on the issue.

http://affiliates.fo...dio/player.html

Great call from Paul of Grand Forks. Got to talk about Fighting Sioux, hockey, national championships, Matt Greene, Parise, etc.

Not election result related, but I didn't want to start a new thread for this. Tom Sullivan is on the radio talking about North Dakota's vote on property tax and wants input from North Dakotans on the issue.

http://affiliates.fo...dio/player.html

Like I said in another thread, they didn't have any implementation plan with Measure 2 so that turned me off. Plus, if they're worried about Bismarck (the State) having too much money why not eliminate the income tax? Income taxes go to Bismarck. The vast majority of property taxes stay with the local taxing entities.

Like I said in another thread, they didn't have any implementation plan with Measure 2 so that turned me off. Plus, if they're worried about Bismarck (the State) having too much money why not eliminate the income tax? Income taxes go to Bismarck. The vast majority of property taxes stay with the local taxing entities.

Property taxes are hated because they are very regressive, subjective and hit the people that can least afford them the hardest. In 2008, people had a chance to vote themselves an income tax cut and it was soundly defeated. If Measure 2 had a logical plan to replace the property tax with something more palatable, I think it would have had a fair chance of passing. And if Bismarck doesn't do something about property taxes in 2013, this issue WILL come up again.

Property taxes are hated because they are very regressive, subjective and hit the people that can least afford them the hardest. In 2008, people had a chance to vote themselves an income tax cut and it was soundly defeated. If Measure 2 had a logical plan to replace the property tax with something more palatable, I think it would have had a fair chance of passing. And if Bismarck doesn't do something about property taxes in 2013, this issue WILL come up again.

Instead of eliminating it...lower it by half and see if there is still enough revenue. That way if money is coming up short they can tell the Vote yes on Measure 2 folks that the opponents were right.

How do think voter turnout will effect the election - High voters help or hurt measure 4

Really hard to say. It depends on who goes out to vote. Sometimes an election can turn because one side does a better job of getting their voters out than the other side does. That is one reason that polls aren't always accurate.

Really hard to say. It depends on who goes out to vote. Sometimes an election can turn because one side does a better job of getting their voters out than the other side does. That is one reason that polls aren't always accurate.

Especially since this is a unique situation, usually low turnouts favor financial-based initiatives because it means nobody is heavily against, but in this case there are people with about 4 or 5 different agendas voting on this issue so who knows where it will end up.

How did you guys vote on the tax ?

I voted no....ND made the Fox News Channel they talked about how ND could become the first and only state in the US that would get rid of the tax, one of their reporters said it won't pass.