SiouxSports.com Forum

Election Results

darell1976

Sorry DaveK, doesn't look like our votes are going to matter. ;)

Apparently Western ND is more pro-nickname I hear? Still would be surprised if this got even remotely close at all. This is a wider spread than I was expecting.

Apparently Western ND is more pro-nickname I hear? Still would be surprised if this got even remotely close at all. This is a wider spread than I was expecting.

Not as wide as the property tax measure that is a laugher.

You and Dave are like two peas and in a pod. In a way, you are like the Bison version of him.

I don't know why people would think there is a difference from east to west. I grew up there (McKenzie) and there wasn't much difference except that maybe people are a little less attached to both the major universities.

Looks like the nickname is on its way to being retired. Very bittersweet, but the university needs to move on.

PS: Nobody can say, "look how this county voted....look at how this county voted". People are voting yes because they don't want the university to be harmed by keeping the nickname.

In a straight up vote of yes or no with no ramifications either way, people would vote to keep the nickname across the state.

Looks like the nickname is on its way to being retired. Very bittersweet, but the university needs to move on.

PS: Nobody can say, "look how this county voted....look at how this county voted". People are voting yes because they don't want the university to be harmed by keeping the nickname.

In a straight up vote of yes or no with no ramifications either way, people would vote to keep the nickname across the state.

Thats why the Sioux County vote will be very misleading. People there will vote to retire the name because of the NCAA sanctions not the Hostile and Abusive reason.

Not going to matter? What a crappy way to look at the democratic process.

You got a vote. That's more than most people have been able to say throughout history.

Agreed. I'm not happy about the name going away, and I doubt most people who voted "yes" are either. However, the costs of keeping it exceed the perceived benefits.

You and Dave are like two peas and in a pod. In a way, you are like the Bison version of him.

I wasn't ever spouting how UND can live with sanctions. The only thing me and Dave share are we both voted no.

I don't know why people would think there is a difference from east to west. I grew up there (McKenzie) and there wasn't much difference except that maybe people are a little less attached to both the major universities.

I heard from someone that in some polls it was looking more even in the west. I don't know if it, if true, was due to a smaller sample size or anything. I really don't know, like I said, just heard somewhere.

You got a vote. That's more than most people have been able to say throughout history.

And most women should be happy if their husbands don't abuse them and have mistresses, because after all, throughout history, most people have lived in a time when that is often times accepted practice.

Sarcasm is hard to convey on the internet sometimes. siouxsports should adopt the accepted bisonville practice of using purple font. I am aware my vote counted and appreciated the opportunity to cast it. This is not sarcasm.

Hey, I am a UND alum and didn't get a vote because I live in South Dakota. Here is one thing a have to say though....thanks to the NDSU people that did the right thing and voted "yes".