SiouxSports.com Forum

Election Results

darell1976

Love the sioux. I have a bad feeling about this. I hope we as fans get to choose the new mascot in 100 years until then be north dakota and no more.

Yup I agree. Anyway, why are you all against getting rid of the property tax? I live in MN now and have stayed out of ND politics.

Yup I agree. Anyway, why are you all against getting rid of the property tax? I live in MN now and have stayed out of ND politics.

Some people have said that they haven't stated where the shortfall will come from, it would be almost a billion dollars of revenue lost without a plan to cover that income. Of course now the argument would be oil money will take care of it, but I think many people fear that will end someday and the state would be in a bind.

Don't know if that is the only argument or even a valid one, just what I've heard.

I never knew it existed until I went over to BVille. I like the County map...so far only 2 counties are done for the night.

It's interesting how you can breakdown the county vote. I see Divide County, way to the northwest is all about the "NO". Walsh, just the opposite. I supposed if we see a trend, it will be eastern counties voting yes, western and more rural voting no.

It's interesting how you can breakdown the county vote. I see Divide County, way to the northwest is all about the "NO". Walsh, just the opposite. I supposed if we see a trend, it will be eastern counties voting yes, western and more rural voting no.

I wonder how Ward will vote since its Minot and a certain attorney is from there.

Some people have said that they haven't stated where the shortfall will come from, it would be almost a billion dollars of revenue lost without a plan to cover that income. Of course now the argument would be oil money will take care of it, but I think many people fear that will end someday and the state would be in a bind.

Don't know if that is the only argument or even a valid one, just what I've heard.

Wasn't there a country that was going to be rebuilt with oil money? We saw how that has worked out.

I wonder how Ward will vote since its Minot and a certain attorney is from there.

True. I am curious about the larger towns, or cities if you wish to call them that, in western North Dakota. Minot, Williston, Dickinson, even Bismarck/Mandan? If they break "Yes", it is over for sure. The Fort Totten vote could be interesting. Siouxperfan7 found an interesting story. If they do come out in low numbers, but vote "No", what argument will those trying to get an constitutional amendment make? And if the overall vote is 60% + "yes", how can they justify a constitutional amendment vote at all?

KVLY did a story about Sioux County and how they would vote. Its premature now since a lot will vote to retire the name to help UND athletics. Its doesn't mean they are against the name. Their political analyst is an idiot because he thinks something could be done if Sioux County votes NO to keep the name.