SiouxSports.com Forum

Sioux @ Denver

jodcon

Maybe Dell is in the net tomorrow night after that last little jolt by Denver? If he's healthy I think Dell needs to be in the net to give Denver a different look.

Ahhh...how come this win feels like a tie or a loss? Yuck.....

Feels like a great win to me. Bottom line is the Sioux won in Denver, a place where it is very difficult to win. At this time of year survival is the name of the game.

I was really surprised how undisciplined the Denver players were. It seems that they got caught up in trying to be intimidating and forgot they have to play hockey. Some really stupid penalties and cheap shots on their part. And the reffing, really bogus calls on MacWilliam for the 5 minute major and Blood's penalty in the last minute. There was absolutely nothing wrong with Blood's check.

Geat win for the guys.

I think Big Andy will log more minutes tomorrow night than he would normally play. I'd love to see how many minutes Blood played. Seemed like he was on the ice the entire third period.

I've relaxed from watching a great Sioux win...deep breaths....deep breaths....

PS: What a snipe by Pattyn. I wasn't a big fan of the kid early in the year, but he has been a tremendous addition to the UND program. Scored the game winner.

While I'm not the biggest Eidsness lover (flops too much and gives up the big rebounds), I have to say he played pretty well tonight. He did get some help from a couple posts.

Lammy did not have a good game. The 10min misconduct + the blown coverage on the Zucker goal were pretty horrible.

The top line was dominant all game.

Gwoz looked ticked all game. I love it. :)

Hopefully Dickin isn't out for extended time as well...we have no room for that.

Great win, now it's time to go for the sweep tomorrow and make Chambers eat crow after jinxing DU with his "most remarkable streak in sports" blog article this week.

http://blogs.denverpost.com/colleges/2012/02/23/du-pioneers-on-one-of-the-most-remarkable-streaks-in-american-sports/23075/

• Upvote 1

While I'm not the biggest Eidsness lover (flops too much and gives up the big rebounds), I have to say he played pretty well tonight. He did get some help from a couple posts.

Lammy did not have a good game. The 10min misconduct + the blown coverage on the Zucker goal were pretty horrible.

The top line was dominant all game.

Gwoz looked ticked all game. I love it. :)

Hopefully Dickin isn't out for extended time as well...we have no room for that.

Great win, now it's time to go for the sweep tomorrow and make Chambers eat crow after jinxing DU with his "most remarkable streak in sports" blog article this week.

http://blogs.denverp...n-sports/23075/

UND has a very good chance to end that streak in game 2 of this series. UND blew DU out of the water for most of the game tonight. DU was lucky to get a few at the end to make it look close. Loved the performance tonight, could have been worse than 1-0 after the first.

Watched the game live and DVR'd it...watched the McWilliam hit about 20 times and it looked like a forearm to the chest to me...pretty good hockey hit...at the worst I thought he would get 2 minutes for elbowing; even the announcers said it was a good hit...sorry if this has been discussed already...

Watched the game live and DVR'd it...watched the McWilliam hit about 20 times and it looked like a forearm to the chest to me...pretty good hockey hit...at the worst I thought he would get 2 minutes for elbowing; even the announcers said it was a good hit...sorry if this has been discussed already...

I can understand how they thought it was a headshot when it happened live, I thought it might be too until they started showing replays, so for one ref to think that it was depending on his angle is understandable. BUT seeing how they got together and talked about every single penalty for 5 minutes the whole game you would think at least one of the other 2 would have had a better angle and called off the game misconduct.

But in the end...meh...we got the win and Mac is fresh for tonight, so it's all good.

Have never been more proud of a Sioux hockey team...marginal talent and shorthanded, but more guts, character and grit than any Sioux team I've watched...ever. Hak's job this year with the injuries, walk-ons, ect. has been almost miraculous.

1st period was probably most dominant 20 minutes of Sioux hockey in years.

Mac leads the team in penalties and unfortunately his rep due to that got him tossed IMO. Horrible call though.

Kristo was best player on ice by a mile tonight...wow was he good.

DU is chippy and Lee is a tool, but least he has a pair to scrap and claw. I'm not saying, I'm just saying.

The announcers were great. They couldn't believe how long it took for Shep and TA to finalize a call. I wanted to scream "It's Shep and TA, what do you expect!"

Our captain has to start playing better and smarter...our walk-ons are playing better/smarter at this point!

The last 6 minutes of sloppiness hopefully will get the team refocused. I said earlier if UND was to win a game, it would be Friday. Now I'm greedy...want a sweep now.

Eids still looks real shakey at times...flops, out of position and giving up one juicey rebound after another. But he is winning. IMO Dell is the one who will give us our best chance to make a deep run if he is healthy. Tough call as every game is a must win from here on out, but I think BE starts again tonight.

Great win in a barn where we have struggled as of late.

Have never been more proud of a Sioux hockey team...marginal talent and shorthanded, but more guts, character and grit than any Sioux team I've watched...ever. Hak's job this year with the injuries, walk-ons, ect. has been almost miraculous.

1st period was probably most dominant 20 minutes of Sioux hockey in years.

Mac leads the team in penalties and unfortunately his rep due to that got him tossed IMO. Horrible call though.

Kristo was best player on ice by a mile tonight...wow was he good.

DU is chippy and Lee is a tool, but least he has a pair to scrap and claw. I'm not saying, I'm just saying.

The announcers were great. They couldn't believe how long it took for Shep and TA to finalize a call. I wanted to scream "It's Shep and TA, what do you expect!"

Our captain has to start playing better and smarter...our walk-ons are playing better/smarter at this point!

The last 6 minutes of sloppiness hopefully will get the team refocused. I said earlier if UND was to win a game, it would be Friday. Now I'm greedy...want a sweep now.

Eids still looks real shakey at times...flops, out of position and giving up one juicey rebound after another. But he is winning. IMO Dell is the one who will give us our best chance to make a deep run if he is healthy. Tough call as every game is a must win from here on out, but I think BE starts again tonight.

Great win in a barn where we have struggled as of late.

I couldn't have said it better, couldn't be prouder of the play of the team!