SiouxSports.com Forum

Sioux @ Denver

jodcon

What did Mario get the 10 for? The only thing they said on TV was that he shot the puck after the whistle. I'm curious because Kristo only got 2 for it (was it last week?).

I also thought NBC Sports was great! The did a great job of showing the college game. I also loved it when Pierre gave everyone's college when he was doing the NHL highlights.

I also LOVED the HD :)

I did think it was funny though that after Pattyn's goal they had assists going to Mac and Dicken on the top of the screen. :lol:

I'm sure I missed it, but is there any webcast available for tonight's game? I'm in Williston and Midco doesn't get Root Sports or FSN Plus here.

And can someone answer this...is the game on in Fargo thru Cableone?? I can't find it anywhere on the guide/schedule listings.

An intercepted cell phone call from daddy shep to the referees at 2nd intermission.

:ohmy: "You guys need to make some exciting TV, look at that scoreboard!! Use them damn whistles to even this thing up. Do I have to remind you that some VIPs in TV are watching, do you want to be stuck in the WCHA, you know the NCHC don't want us.... And letting UND dominate... why... what have I taught you..." Now go out there and tie this up!!! :devil:

• Upvote 3

And can someone answer this...is the game on in Fargo thru Cableone?? I can't find it anywhere on the guide/schedule listings.

I called Cableone because someone mentioned that it was going to be on in-demand on channel 14. Cableone said in-demand is not available for us. So I think we are SOL as far as seeing it on cable.

Eids still looks real shakey at times...flops, out of position and giving up one juicey rebound after another. But he is winning. IMO Dell is the one who will give us our best chance to make a deep run if he is healthy. Tough call as every game is a must win from here on out, but I think BE starts again tonight.

Is Dell even an option? I thought he was hurt.

Have never been more proud of a Sioux hockey team...marginal talent and shorthanded, but more guts, character and grit than any Sioux team I've watched...ever.

Well I am glad I'm not the only one (or two) who feels this way. A tremendous, tenacious, "all in" performance for two and a half periods of hockey. This is not the most talented UND team certainly but I don't recall one that overcame obstacles like this group has. It's funny how a season can turn on one play, but I had to think as Kristo was lining up for the penalty shot, "If he buried this, we are going to win this game, get the points out if this series we need, and have a shot at the NCAAs. If not, well..."

Truth is, the Sioux were unrelenting for 55 minutes. In a personal house of horrors, mind you. Not only was it the. Est game to watch this year, but it was the best game "to watch" this year. NBCSN is a friend to college hockey and it warmed my heart to here them shower accolades on North Dakotas program...yes, even the commentary on how Kristo will be in Montreal next season. ESPN could learn a lesson or two from tuning into these guys.

Sweet win. Sweet, sweet win. Last five minutes be damned.

On to tonight. Is there another point out there? With this group, anything's possible.

An intercepted cell phone call from daddy shep to the referees at 2nd intermission.

:ohmy: "You guys need to make some exciting TV, look at that scoreboard!! Use them damn whistles to even this thing up. Do I have to remind you that some VIPs in TV are watching, do you want to be stuck in the WCHA, you know the NCHC don't want us.... And letting UND dominate... why... what have I taught you..." Now go out there and tie this up!!! :devil:

Nice. But I thought it was:

You idiots do you know what a professional ref is saying about your performance on national tv.

On Kristo's penalty shot call, I'm not so sure the puck didn't cross the line before the DU player knocked the net off. I watched the replay on DVR, and at the very least, the puck was at the goal line when the net was pushed off. It looked like Hakstol was calling for the goal too. Not sure why they didn't review it. If they had determined it was a goal, we would have gotten a power play on top of it.

On Kristo's penalty shot call, I'm not so sure the puck didn't cross the line before the DU player knocked the net off. I watched the replay on DVR, and at the very least, the puck was at the goal line when the net was pushed off. It looked like Hakstol was calling for the goal too. Not sure why they didn't review it. If they had determined it was a goal, we would have gotten a power play on top of it.

I thought so also, on the goal. Probably never get a power play also though!

Actually, the rules were changed (maybe last year?), where if a goal is scored on a delayed penalty, you also get a power play.

If you watch the replay you see Anderson signal a goal then changed his mind and awarded the penalty shot instead. Yes we'd have gone on the Power Play for tripping if Kristo Scores. The reason Kristo doesn't get the goal was it was not an imminent goal situation. Had the Denver goalie not been on the ice (doesn't need to be in net) and Kristo is fouled from behind then Anderson would have had to award a goal instead of an empty net penalty shot.

I watched the game on NBCSP HD on Midco Channel 630 and the quality was incredible. The kelly green really popped on the screen and the quality of the broadcast was first rate. The quality made it feel like I was watching the Sioux play in the national championship game on national TV. My 10-year-old daughter walked out from the kitchen and looked at the TV in the living room and said, "Holy cow, dad! "The Sioux are playing on the Peacock channel! That's so cool. Must be a big game." Then she said "Wow, the Sioux colors really pop don't they, and the other teams' are really just ordinary." Hey, if my 10-year-old daughter (she knows little of sports )can sense the quality difference and professionalism of the broadcast then its a good thing and great exposure for college hockey and UND.

What a fun dominant performance that was! Have we played a better game this year? Take out that last 5 minutes and give me the stats because I bet we had Denver doubled up in every category. Nice job boys and get another one tonight.

I'm not a big Pierre McGuire fan as he is a Canadian homer who was born in America, but he did a tremendous job. How refreshing to see highlights of our defensemen doing breakout passes and the transition game. Plus he knows his prospects. Terrific job.

Kerry Fraiser doing color commentary was a nice add. He fumbled with words at time but the guy offered a different perspective that was refreshing. Plus knew the game showing Forbort sealing off a lane when he pinned his guy on boars during rush. BTW Forbort has come a long ways since I watched him live in Wisconsin.

Nice job NBC and keep gushing over us every time we are on!

haven't read much of this thread but I had to to some self ranting about the major penalties given last night. I think all of these need to be replayed before deciding if its 5 min. or not. I am all for safety of the players but if your hitting the head, your hittiing the head and need to be ejected. Mcwilliam's hit was upper body and maybe ended up with a little head contact, the call is tough to make. Even the announcers didn't agree on the five min. However, the hit on Lammy was also contact to the head, (at least as much contact as Mcwilliams hit) and Denver serves two min. If your going to make these calls, you have to be consistant as all hell with em. One missed call could very well mean the season for any of these teams and that is a big deal if you ask anyone who has any common sense. What happens in regular speed can be tough to make the right call, and the bigger the hit, the better chance of a penalty will be called (even if it was a legal hit). Basically what it comes down to is never put a big hit on anyone as if it looks bad, they'll call it a penalty everytime, everytime. Which sucks. If your looking at the safet of the players, you need to also consider what the game of hockey is, or at least part of it, and that is hitting. Replay the major penalties to make sure you didn't make a mistake, in my opinion..

Have never been more proud of a Sioux hockey team...marginal talent and shorthanded, but more guts, character and grit than any Sioux team I've watched...ever. Hak's job this year with the injuries, walk-ons, ect. has been almost miraculous.

1st period was probably most dominant 20 minutes of Sioux hockey in years.

Mac leads the team in penalties and unfortunately his rep due to that got him tossed IMO. Horrible call though.

Kristo was best player on ice by a mile tonight...wow was he good.

DU is chippy and Lee is a tool, but least he has a pair to scrap and claw. I'm not saying, I'm just saying.

The announcers were great. They couldn't believe how long it took for Shep and TA to finalize a call. I wanted to scream "It's Shep and TA, what do you expect!"

Our captain has to start playing better and smarter...our walk-ons are playing better/smarter at this point!

The last 6 minutes of sloppiness hopefully will get the team refocused. I said earlier if UND was to win a game, it would be Friday. Now I'm greedy...want a sweep now.

Eids still looks real shakey at times...flops, out of position and giving up one juicey rebound after another. But he is winning. IMO Dell is the one who will give us our best chance to make a deep run if he is healthy. Tough call as every game is a must win from here on out, but I think BE starts again tonight.

Great win in a barn where we have struggled as of late.

yep

yep

yep

yep

yep

yep

yep

yep

yep. :)

Thought the exact same thing!